1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta Political Donations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by lnchan, Aug 28, 2020.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

The teachers that teach my 4 year olds class. I don't watch fox news. I look at the facts of Brianna Taylor case and Jacob Blake case and see how the media (mostly liberal news, or espn/tnt because that's what I usually watch) portray it. I look outside my window to see how destructive or not the protests are going - I live in Manhattan, I don't need a media organization to tell me.

Also you don't find it ironic that you say only a few bad apples are causing destructive protests and that I am generalizing, meanwhile there are those who call for the defunding of all police, and call them all pigs and racists?

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hey another rockets fan in nyc! Come down to eat i'm opening my second restaurant on friday! 740 5th ave brooklyn!

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

What's the name of your restaurant?

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

CHILOS

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure you're just your average Trump loving BLM hating Manhattanite, you guys are a dime a dozen.

Which preschools do your kids go to where they talk about Breanna Taylor and Jacob Blake?

I want to enroll my kids in those schools man! Kids gotta learn about no knock warrants young.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Where have I been Trump loving? You people get so aggressive so quickly. No idea what you are trying to insinuate. Certainly I have grown tired of BLM and the garbage media is trying to shove down our throats. And I wouldn't be surprised if enough get tired of it to reelect Trump - not saying that would be a good thing, but not surprising.

The preschool haven't gotten to Taylor or Blake yet. I was talking about confusing lessons on gender when I mentioned 4 year olds. They did have a lesson on "racism and protests" that included graphic details of George Floyd's death though, which we did complain about.

#106 CXbby, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

I agree. A lesson that no knock warrants have nothing to do with race would be a great lesson for all, not just preschoolers.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Looks good. We usually go to Tacos El Bronco, but down to try somewhere new.

9. SamFisher

Good stuff. Did you tell the childcare workers you didn't want your kids hearing about that stuff? How did it go? Awkward?

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It’s not an opinion you can disagree with. It’s an empirical fact that wealthy black people frequently donate to Republicans as well as Democrats. You’ve never actually talked to these people, so why do you claim to understand what held them back personally?

You have no idea, plan and simple.

As for your last sentence.. duh. If you can prevent almost 13% of the population from rising just by saying they should unite with only their own race, then it’s something you do if you’re a bad person.

MLK was a real problem for the .001%. BLM actually helps them.

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Holy hell bruh, relax, there's no need to catch feelings lol. I wasn't disagreeing that wealthy people tend to donate to the republicans. I was disagreeing with your implication that the reason poor people were poor was because they just didn't try to "better themselves", and race had little/nothing to do with it. This latest reply of yours seems to contradict that notion a bit, though, so I'm no longer all that sure what you were trying to say.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This year he's spent more time asking for donations.

lnchan likes this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Brought it up to the administrator, who was appalled by what happened. To be clear, I didn’t have that big of a problem with the curriculum (tho it was a bit too politically charged for my tastes), the problem was the specific teacher who was far too graphic in her descriptions. No one wants death, killings described to their 4 year olds.

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I’m chill dude.

I’ve said nothing contradictory. At the end of the day, work ethic is what holds people back in the US, not race. Plain and simple. Institutional racism does exist, but it’s an extremely minor problem compared to the real issue.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Systemic/unconscious racism and implicit bias are a very real and very significant problem. Not a "minor" issue by any definition. And to put it in your terms, that is not an opinion up for debate. That is a fact of life. When an entire race was slaves for multiple generations, and then "freed" into a subhuman class without any attempt to educate them or employ them over the past 150 years, alongside a criminal justice system designed to target them, of course they're going to stay poor. It's not as simple as "just work harder bro". Economic mobility is minimal enough in the US even when race isn't a factor, let alone when it is. Have you seen the documentary 13th? I highly recommend it, and it's free on youtube now. But if you don't have the two-ish hours to spare right now, this may do for now:

Those people who you think "designed" the race problem to "hold us back" or whatever are in fact the very ones who want to deny the race problem exists, because the race problem benefits them... as 13th does a far better job explaining than I could.

The whole idea that you just need to work hard and "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" is a myth perpetuated by the wealthy incumbents who you think fabricated the racial crisis. Working hard is valuable for sure... but you have to work multiple orders of magnitude harder as a black person from a poor neighborhood to accomplish the same thing as a white person from a wealthy upbringing. That's the difference you're ignoring.

As for your contradictions, I'm curious why you think MLK was a problem for the wealthy, but BLM helps them. Do you realize that in the 60s, people were saying the same thing about MLK, and Malcom X, and their protests?

Also going to @raining threes and @CXbby since they liked your first post.

#115 SuperMarioBro, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  16. SamFisher

I'm sure this went over well when you advised your manhattan preschool that all this wokeness was too damned much.

Let me know the school so I can send them a donation - antiracism and critical race theory need to start young!

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Are donations to Silver, luxury tax deductible?

18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

What have I done by starting this thread?

Plowman likes this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

It did go over quite well. As it turns out, no matter the political affiliation of the state you are in, insanity isn’t much tolerated. By most people at least, thankfully.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Trump getting elected and his whole tenure as president already contradict this very statement. Also hit me up when the election rolls around, Im sure everything will be fair and sane.