1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tickets Questions Please Reply

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Brent Price, Jan 7, 2000.

1. Brent Price

Brent Price Member

What is up my fellow Rocket fans? I was fortunate enough to recieve some tickets for Christmas. I need some information! I need to know exactly where they are in the building and what they access. My tickets say Row 1, V.I.P. access, seat 94. If some one could inform me what VIP access is and if row 1 is courtside! They are for the Rockets-Blazers game on the 18th of Jan. In addition if you know if I can get to the game before they let the rest of the crowd in, just some questions that will ease my curiousity.

Thanks a lot for your help!
    ------------------
    Suggestion for New Name once the Rockets move to Louisiana: The Opossums!

[This message has been edited by Brent Price (edited January 07, 2000).]

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

definitely on the floor. that's a good xmas present. it may be behind the scorers table though. i do know single seats are available on the other side though. i wouldn't be surprised to see you sitting next to Bob Lanier...or towards the baseline watching the rockettes the whole game.

go here for a phone number and email address to help you more:
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/arena.html

3. Brent Price

Brent Price Member

Thanks for the info Partner, I didn't know anything about the ticket. Thanks again for the info.
    -Brent Price
    or should I say Junkyard Dog

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

oh and Brent... if you need someone to go with you or can't make it to the game, I would gladly accept your tickets!!

hehe

rockHEAD

5. Jenna

Jenna Member

Brent...

Well, this is very odd. I'm sitting in that exact seat tomorrow night. Since I haven't sat in that particular seat before, I can't tell you a whole lot now, but I should be able to tell you more later. This row is directly behind the benches/scorer's table. Since the sole purpose of my being there tomorrow is to be Karl Malone's personal cheering section, seat 94 is either directly behind the opponent bench, or a tad to the side toward the end.

Let ya know more later....

6. Jenna

Jenna Member

Brent -

You're going to be two seats away from the end of the visitors' bench. You can't see a whole lot on the other side of the court, but you've got an almost-perfect view of the side of the court you'll be on. But, best of all, you've got a perfect seat by the opponent bench - you can see and, if you have good ears, can hear everything.

As for your access question, sorry, but you cannot get into the game early nor can you go anywhere other than normal (i.e.: tunnels). These amenities are reserved for guests of one of the teams or the NBA only. You can go down to the floor as soon as the doors open (I think that is 6:00), and you have 10 minutes to clear the floor after the game. You cannot go near the benches, don't even try it as security will happily kick your butt. Autographs are unattainable as well.

Hope you enjoy the game - I know I loved mine!

I'm off to San Antonio now - time to kick Tim Duncan out of town!

------------------
    Jen
    Next round of Nelson vs. Malone: February 24 @ Reunion Arena

[This message has been edited by Jenna (edited January 09, 2000).]

7. Jenna

Jenna Member

BrentPrice -

Did you enjoy the game? Did you like the seat?

BTW - I think I might have seen you while I was running around on the floor last night. Were you talking on a cellular phone and waving you hand when the camera was on that side of the court during the first part of the 2nd quarter? I couldn't remember exactly where it was I sat, so I wasn't sure if it was you or not.

Hope you had fun!

------------------
    Jen
    Next round of Nelson vs. Malone: February 24 @ Reunion Arena

8. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

That was him [​IMG]

-Turbo

9. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Yeah that was me The game was awesome the best part about it, I think, Was talking trash to Pippen. That and Talking to Reggie Theus!

------------------
    -Junkyard Dog
    "Maybe we need an enema"
    - Othella Harrington