1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ticketmaster was better than this crap. Rockets charge outrageous fees for tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Oct 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ESource

ESource Member

BINGO!!! You hit it right on! IF the Rox starts winning then all bets are off, otherwise, it's the sports bar for me!

2. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Tim, savvy and classy as always. Thanks.

You ever consider a move to California and a run for governor?

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Great job once again Tim. I think a lot of people on this board take for granted what you bring to the table for us - the die hard Rocket fans.

You need to relate or perhaps even teach your PR skills to Firestone and Exxon :D

4. Rasselas

Heck, I'm convinced that Enron would have been just fine if they had Tim on their team.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I just did a quick comparison using the lowest priced ticket (I understand the surcharge reductions have not taken place yet):

November 1, 2003

Grizzlies at Rockets -
    Ticket: $10
    Handling: $3.50
    Convenience: $4
    Total: $17.50

Jazz at Mavs
    Ticket: $10
    Convenience: $4.25
    Total: $14.25

Knicks at Spurs
    Ticket: $9
    Building Fee: $1.35
    Convenience: $3
    Total: $13.35

6. Tim

Tim Member

There's other surcharges you're missing there. I'll pick up my notes when I drop by the office today for Open Practice -- we have all the surcharges for the two other Texas venues on a big spreadsheet; I just didn't think to bring it home with me.

You have to go all the way through the ordering process (you can stop just before finalizing payment) -- there's always at least two surcharges. There's a convenience charge and charge for service and handling for both the Mavs and the Spurs. One is per ticket charge, and the other is a per order charge.

If I remember right (I hate doing this without notes), but there is another $3.50 charge with the Mavs for a total of $7.65, and the Spurs end up slightly higher because of the building fee, which neither the Mavericks or the Rockets have.

Tim

7. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Gotta say, that was impressive. Seriously, that's called responding to the fanbase...as I said, impresive.

Now, bigger issue, re Rockford/Spencer...Rockford is much cooler,etc..but as to who would kick who's ass, it depends partly on the situation; for example, if they have back up. Spencer would have Hawk...Rockford would have...Angel...{ Actually Gandi, if he knew in advance, just going on probability)...

#167 MacBeth, Oct 11, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2003
  8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Very cool, Tim.

9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Thanks a lot for the comprehensive reply and the action on the lower priced tickets Tim.

You 'da Man!

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Thanks for the quick response Tim. I did that comparision using Ticketmaster this morning. I did not see a handling charge for the Spurs and Mavs, but I would like to know how much they charge per order.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets realize what a gem they have in Tim. Thanks.

Trader Jorge disgrace yourself.

12. Houstonrocketss

SCREW THE NCAA REGIONALS, I am a season ticket holder of many years the ncaa regionals come once every so often.

The average season ticket holder got screwed on the parking if they thought saving me 80 bucks on my season tickets would make up for the 5-7 bucks to park each game they are WRONG.

Very bad location which will come back to haunt les later.

13. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

As the one who started this thread, I want to thank you Tim for responding to our concerns and actually doing something about it by reducing the fees. All I wanted was to be able to attend some games when I come back home for Christmas. The parking, while I don't like, I can live with. The ticket charges were ridiculous and stuck in my craw. Now I can do what I always wanted, to go to a Rockets game and cheer my heart out for our team.

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Where is TJ to give Tim credit for quickly addressing the issue?

C'mon TJ. Come out of hiding to give credit where it is due.

15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Wow. I'm continually impressed with the impact this board exhibits time and time again.

Thank you Tim for your response, and for all your hard work.

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Thing about convenience charges and parking I understand.

No offense Tim, but I still dont understand the sheer stupidity behind the refusal to sell me tickets.

Its okay though, I dont want em anymore anyways.

17. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

hahaha.. omg. sorry..it's just funny to me since I see these guys every day at work... okay *ahem* not laughing anymore..*cough*

18. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Wow, a new arena that doesnt care about the common man who has paid for the sucker...Thats a concept we didnt need...So you wont see Lemarc @ more than three games this year...Probably just the ones with the headliners...Shaq/Kobe...TMac...Dirk...KG...Iverson...and the return of Michael Jordan...It will happen folks!;)

19. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

no one should be surprised. sports is a multimillion dollar business. they take care of the people who pay the most money. it would be logical to say that there is a substantial parking price included in the luxury box seats for the garage, but chances are the big companies that can afford those outrageous prices can easily handle the parking fees also. businesses don't care about their fans. and no matter how much we hate to hear it nothing will change. they dont care about us. the real fans are stuck sitting at home. i had half season tickets last year and i refuse to go to a single game this year. it is hard enough to pay for the tickets, but parking will absolutely kill me even if it is $5 because 5x22 is a lot more extra money that i dont have. they tell you to come to the games and that they care about just to spit in your face and roll out the red carpet for the people with money. as much as i love the rockets i refuse to give them any more of my money because of the reasons mentioned in this thread. I understand how big business works because i work in a bank. guess who the people who don't get services charges not the people who barely have enough money to keep an account open, but the ones with thousands of dollars in the bank. we have a million dollar customer which gets service charged for nothing and we save them around $20,000.00 a year just on wire transfer fees. if any of you came to me wanting money wired out you get charged $25 each time. it is about the rich getting richer and keeping their money and the regular person having to pay and getting screwed. nothing will ever change the rich get all the benefits and we never will go figure. this is one messed up world we live in. and as much as i dont understand it and hate it that is how the world works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

20. Rasselas

MacBeth, I'm surprised you're not giving Spenser more points for his often literary references. (although this is more prominent in the books than the tv show)