1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ticketmaster was better than this crap. Rockets charge outrageous fees for tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Oct 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

it's "trickle-down economics". :rolleyes:

2. sweetie

sweetie Member

Does buying them at Randalls avoid paying the convience charge?

#82 sweetie, Oct 10, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Now THAT is ridiculous! They won't sell you tickets?!?! If I hear one person complain about fan attendence I might not ever go to a game again. I have tickets for the first game, and I was thinking about a mini-pack too, but now I am really having second thoughts. My couch is comfy, and the beer is cheaper and better. Goophers, if you're reading this, I might be interested in coming over for the ol' 65-inch viewing eye-orgy. Don't worry, I'll bring my own beer :D.

EDIT: Hold on, I just realized that the lady actually said "allotment of tickets". WOW. I was quite unaware that there was a maximum number of tickets you could buy. That seems a little strange for a team that is trying to increase attendance, don't you think?

#83 rhadamanthus, Oct 10, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I was all gung ho to go to the first game on Sunday, but have just about decided that my living room is an infinitely better place to watch the game. BTW, I think I can convince my wife to allow one or two CCers to enjoy on the 57 inch widescreen she bought, so if anyone near Clear Lake would like a spot on the couch, feel free to email.

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Rockets03 is right on. I bought 3 Yao Big Man packs (6 games mini plan), and u r supposed to be able to add games to the packages. Well, guess what, since i bought 3 packs, i could only get 3 more tickets for the rest of the year TOTAL :eek: i wanted to buy at least 15-20 more tickets for like 5 other games....hell, i i was forcing the sales lady to take my damn credit card number and just freaking charge me for any available tickets, and she wouldnt do it!!! Quite shady :eek: :( so i get 3 six game packs, thats 18 total tickets, worth over 300 bucks, and all i get was 3 extra tickets to ONE Lakers game......and mind u, this was way before any of the games sold out......

6. xcharged

xcharged Member

[​IMG]

I'll be offering a $2 cart carriage service until I can raise enough money for my own tickets.

Why walk....when you can RideNStyle.

7. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Although I also think the handling charges are wrong, too high; You get this kind of thing in every area of entertainment- concerts etc.

But I do believe the Rockets care about the average fan and my best example is the local tv broadcast of every game. I for one am so grateful that they don't black out home games. I can attend 1-2 games a season. And without the local home tv broadcast I would be soooo disappointed.

Now if they do away with the home game broadcast- Then I would be the first to say the Rocket org. just doesn't care about my love for this team.

I would hope that something could be done about this, but I also realize this is part of the package of having a NBA team here. Just don't move the team or cancel any tv coverage, try to win a championship- those are the things me, the average fan, really wants.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wow. very disappointing.

9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Tim - we the people would like an answer.

This is a ridiculous and blatant money grab, and I don't believe anyone who is buying cheap seats will go for it.

So where does that leave us? Well, we could drive down and see if tickets are available. Yeah right, that'll happen.

Ticketmaster may get away with charges like this because they have a product that is in demand. The Rockets don't.

Man, F! the Toyota Center. If this is how the Rockets are going to treat the fans in the cheap seats, they might as well rename it the Toyota Tomb, because that's the atmosphere it's going to have.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

My NBA League Pass is looking like a real bargain.

11. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

i dont worry too much about the whole thing but its mest up. Handling fee? wtf is that. They charge you by how they handle the d***mn ticket? Havent been to a rockets game since 1996 playoffs against Lakers when Magic was playing. Anyone got free tickets?

12. goophers

goophers Member

Aaron and I were talking about season tickets, or at least a mini-plan. After reading this, the Rox just lost out on two cheap season ticket holders or two good mini-plans. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to settle down with the good ol' TV and drink at my place. Plenty o' alcohol to go round. :)

13. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Excellent. Now if only we could get something equivalent to the power dancers in your living room....

14. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

Just to add another frustrating story about the Rockets ticketing...

A friend from work, his wife, and I were trying to buy a mini-plan, but we wanted to have seperate transactions under both of our names so it would be easier to divide the costs. They have screwed it up so bad, they have called me four times to tell me that they need a correct mailing address and the way they billed my credit card was very odd (it was like 4 different charges). I gave them the correct address when I initially got the tickets, but for some reason they keep messing that up. When you try to call them back you sit on hold for like 45 minutes????? I am beginning to get worried if those tickets are ever even going to make it into my hands before teh first game.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that I have a decent job, I had planned on attending at least a half dozen games this season. After reading this thread (and being very, very disappointed) I plan to go to one game, just to see the new arena.

Get your **** together, Rockets.

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Tim, we are waiting for you to provide a defense. Do you have nothing to say to these allegations of price gouging through hidden charges? I find it very hard to believe that marketing does not play a role in ticket sales. Very hard.

DEFEND YOURSELF

17. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I ordered my half season tickets in early August, and its 3 days before the first game, and I still havent recieved my tickets. Has anyone else had this problem? What the hell are they waiting on? I've called 713-627-DUNK twice and not gotten an answer. Uggh!

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have been a Rockets fan since 1986 and always will be, but price-gouging the fans? That blows.

Will the first 5000 customers to show up at the opening game get pillows to sit on, or are the seats comfortable enough without, considering the fans were just a**-raped on the price to attend?

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This thread is depressing...

20. CourtCourt

CourtCourt Member

thats strange. I bought my tickets online also, and I put in my email address, but I never recieved a email invoice. I was so scared I thought maybe I didn't 100% purchase the tickets afterall. Nothing has happened to make be believe that I did, other then thinking thats what I did on Saturday morning. I was so scared, I called TC and they confirmed it. I wonder why I didn't receieve an invoice :confused: I'm sueing for personal aggrivation.