1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ticketmaster was better than this crap. Rockets charge outrageous fees for tickets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Oct 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. rvolkin

rvolkin Contributing Member

I bought tickets online to the home opener. Here is the invoice I was emailed ($11.50 in service fees for $20 tickets)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Type Section Row Seats Tickets Total
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Adult 404 X X $20.00 $20.00
    Adult 404 X X $20.00 $20.00
    Sub Total: $40.00
    Handling Charge - Rockets: $3.50
    Rockets Convenience Charge: $8.00

Amount Charged To Your Credit Card: $51.50

2. Fat_Bastard

Fat_Bastard Member

f the rockets. sh!tty product at an even sh!ttier price.

3. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

It sounds like people are shocked and amazed.

When are you guys going to figure out that Les doesn't care about Houston? Do the new uniforms say "Houston" on them?, I

When are you guys going to figure out that Les doesn't care about the little guy? You think he cares about on-line ticket sales when he's selling whole seating sections to Toyota and Haliburton?

Hey, I love NBA basketball and the Rockets, but I've learned to love them from afar - from my couch. I suggest you get used to it too.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

It is safe to say that after reading this thread, I will not be attending any Rocket games this year. It's a shame because I was looking forward to seeing the new arena.

5. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Rockets Convenience Charge ? WTF is that?

I haven't bought tickets, I just got a really lucrative job recently and was waitng for my first check to buy a mini-season ticket package. But now hearing all this makes me want to go down to the bar and watch the game there.

Its one thing to make your fans feel alienated by not putting hte city's name on the jerseys (I know dead horse, but I had to take one last kick), make them wait forever and make a big deal about the "special fabric" to see the new uniforms, now a bullsh!t convenience charge, $15 f!@kin' dollars for parking. Thats complete and total crap.

It's funny how we hear that the Rockets organization wants AIS, but push it out of the price range for the normal fan.

As for this, I'm pretty sure you can call the BBB or someone for something like that. There is no reason why you should have to pay S&H if you are being inconvenienced to wait in line at the will call window instead of getting you're tickets in the mail.

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

One of the most interesting threads in this forum in a long time. My question is what is differnt this year than last season? in terms of the extra charges are they that much more? I really don't know only went to 2 games last season and those were b-day and christmas presents.

For parking, I would think it would be similar to the Astro games. Mostly 10 dollar parking, some 5 dollar if you look hard enough. Wouldnt 20 dollars be like right across the stadium? If its 20 dollars all over I think I MIGHT go to 1 game when I return to houston. thats absurd if true. This forum is going to get really ugly when it hails and your car gets all dented up meanwhile the parking garage (which you payed for) is about half full. what a scary though eh

7. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

"

8. Houstonrocketss

Like I told several before when you call the rockets front office they tell you this about the parking and i quote:
    " We are gonna let it ride this year and see how it goes"

Remember this quote " get off your ass and come to the game"
    Well LES get off your ass and give decent parking, being a season ticket holder I WILL BE DAMN if i pay 10-20 bucks per game to park.

Plus I have a friend who works near the toyota center says bums just cover that area lots of riff raff and crime is bad.

When my car gets broken into or vandalized Les you will be getting off your ass and heading to the court room for me too sue you.

EXAMPLE LES: ASTROS AND TEXANS CARE ABOUT THEIR FANS.

My tickets are not the best I did pay 13 bucks now I pay 12 BUT if he thinks saving me 2 whole dollars for 2 tickets per game he is NUTS.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IF YOU ARE A SEASON TICKET HOLDER WE NEED TO EITHER PROTEST OR COME UP WITH A PETITION.

I used to attend every game but not this year PARKING SUCKS.

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Just wanted to chime in on this...

1. On the convenience charge, I'm pissed also. I bought $40 seats (2) to a game the other day and paid $11.50 for convenience charges. I joked with the guy on the phone, "Convenient for who?"

2. On parking, it was NEVER a secret that the garage wouldn't hold everyone. I'm not sure who ever thought they were building a garage to hold 19,000 fans, but that was NEVER the case.

Compaq was the only building in the league that had its own parking. It was the exception, not the rule. This is not a problem that will ever be fixed so we'll all just have to get used to it.

3. On the cost of the building, it is on time and under budget unlike Reliant which ran $100 million over. And, yes, it did cost more than Minute Maid, but that was due in large part to the rise in construction costs since 1998 AND the rise in the cost of land thanks to the building of Minute Maid and the expansion of that side of downtown.

The cost is not out of line from other buildings around the league and it was announced at $235 million during the referendum, so no one should be surprised.

---------

That having been said, paying $11.50 for two tickets plus at least $5 to park - $16.50 total - is nuts. It blows, period.

I have to admit that this is terribly disappointing to me after working so hard to get this building built in the first place. There have been times like these when I wonder why the hell I gave up a year of my life to "save" anyone other than myself.

Very VERY frustrating. :(

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Anyone else up for an inconvenient CC.net anti-fee rally at the open practice?

:eek:

(did I just say that out loud?)

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What I don't understand is how it is cheaper to get a will call ticket and pick it up from the box office, than to print one at home on my FREAKING printer!!

it is my paper, my ink, why is it more expensive?

I can't stand their "convenience" charges.

I have no problem with parking, I would just park in the sme area I do for MMP for astro games. I just can't stand to nearly double the price of my tickets because of extra charges.

#51 Uprising, Oct 9, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You don't have to pay 10-20 bucks. Park further away, pay 5 bucks. If you're still mad, or mad cause you have to walk an extra quarter mile, get mad at the businesspeople who own the parking lots.

13. mdg

mdg Member

Tickets fees suck, parking fees sucks but what is worse is paying over $7,000.00 for two seats behind the basket only to find out you not only do not get parking, but you do not get into the clubs either

I work in the courthouse and am self-employed I was buying the tickets for clients and people to give away to. But what type of image do you present to your guest if 1. they do not get parking, and 2. they do not get to go to the "club"

If I am a season ticket owner I deserve all of the right a of a season ticket holder, I am in a sense buying the seat in the building until they tear it down. This is a major commitment that costs a lot of money. The purpose is to show clients you are established and guests to re pay them for past considerations.

What does it tell them when they realize that your season tickets are second-class season tickets, cheap season tickets? That you cheeped out, hell how are they suppose to know you have season tickets, you might just have a mini-plan

I do know that I would feel like a second class season ticket holder when I see that the other season ticket holders have not only their own parking, but their own entrance to the building, their own place to sit and drink, their own crowd to mingle with probably and probably their own bathrooms to crap in.

All season ticket holders should be treated the same or there is no purpose to be a season ticket holder

P.S. IN ADDITION I WAS TOLD LAST SPRING THAT SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAD OPTION TO BUY THAT SEAT FOR EVERY EVENT IN THE ARENA, WHEN THE SMOKE CLEARED ONLY THE PEOPLE WITH THE PARKING AND CLUB ACCESS HAS THAT RIGHT- AGAIN SECOND CLASS SEASON TICKET HOLDER

P.P.S. BY THE WAY AFTER I CANCELLED THASE SEATS I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE $1000 DOLLAR DEPOSIT BACK AND WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO SUE THEM TO GET IT

14. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

On the subject of parking, is it safe to say there is no free parking available anywhere and that the cheapest parking around the vicinity is $5? If so, can anyone suggest a "safe" parking garage where one does not a have to worry about vandalism? Don't want anyone to take off my 12" rims and whatnot...

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Most of the surrounding lots are guarded.

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

The reality is that crime downtown is far less than in many places nearby. Homeless guys don't want your rims. They wouldn't have the ability to steal you car anyway.

Many of the lots have their own security and there have been NO reports of vandalism or serious crime problems at Astros games over the past 3 years.

So, that should not be an issue.

There is "free" parking because the meters are turned off after 6pm. You just have to find it. Also, you can park for $3 in many lots near the theater district and take the METRO downtown shuttle that supposedly will go by the arena.

17. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I have to ask what is probably a foolish albeit relevant question:

What is the picture on Houstin's public transit system? I assume you don't have a subway...but do you have something akin to an LRT? Are we talking stricly buses? Either way, are they well kept, punctual and safe or strictly last option measures? And what is the access in this regard like in terms of the arena?

18. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Man Im going to miss The Summit.

I went to about 8 games last year, half of which I paid $10 for a ticket and ended up sneaking down to the lower prom about 10 rows up. Those were the days.....

Problem is when I got down that low..... people knew that I couldnt afford the ticket..... I mean I was way tooooooo rowdy for the white collars.

I remember one time some mother b*stard told me to "be quiet and sit down".... I told him if he wanted some place quiet, he should try the freaking library.

I may have to join in this protest of the new Toyota Center. I mean is it even worth all the BS hassles when you can have more fun at a sports bar with big screens, or at the comfort of your own home in your underwear???

I'll sign the petition...... Lets get it going!!!

19. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

Maybe we can strap a rickshaw on them and have them transport us from the garage to the Toyota Center? :)

All kidding aside, thanks for the response and useful info.

20. rocketinmypants

Homeless people not vandalizing? Damn, even our bums are underachievers.