1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Three teens just wanted to kill someone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Katsu, Aug 18, 2013.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

Sad these kids had nothing better to do. i hope the penalty fits the crime.

2. ChievousFTFace

https://www.facebook.com/chancey.luna?fref=ts

From his facebook page:

[​IMG]

Def need to be charged as adults and also need to be charged with a hate crime.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

From the chief
    One of the alleged murderers was Caucasian, the other two were black, Chief Ford said.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Luna may be considered "white" since his mother is Hispanic?

where's Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson (actually Jessie is probably visiting his son in prison)?

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

That is correct. The middle kid's mother, Jennifer Luna, is white.

[​IMG]

6. ChievousFTFace

These pictures could be wrong.

James Edwards
    https://www.facebook.com/blackcoon44
    The photo they have for both James Edwards and Michael Jones could be the same person (both are profile pics for James Edwards).

A friends search on Edwards' page shows this as Michael Jones (common name so it could be a diff dude):
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002624774350
    [​IMG]

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

If you want to bring kids into the world, and are too negligent to raise them not too murder, you should be put to death too. All 3 kids and their parents should all be sentenced to death.

Maybe kids will think twice when they know that murdering somebody is murdering their parents as well.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Oh that's cold but true. i said it once i'll say it again i hope the punishment fits the crime.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The 3 of them are old enough to know what they were doing.

Lethal injection as soon as possible, and I really don't even care that it was a hate crime.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Oh these "kids" had better things to do, but choose to be scumbags. They had many options on that day other than killing an innocent person.

The older I get, and the more I see these stories, the more I have no empathy for monsters that commit crimes like this.... or the woman in Houston that on Christmas Eve busted out her welding tools on a 12 year old child. Just shoot them all in the head and get it over with.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I agree totally. I wish we would do that to politicians and military leaders that send people to kill and die for no good reason.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Who is just now realizing that people are evil? This crap happens all the time, and has been happening for millenia.

13. alexcapone

alexcapone Member

If DOJ is going to open a private line to set George Zimmerman up with a hate crime they better charge these scum bags who put it out there for all to see.

14. magnetik

magnetik Member

fwiw.. here's the pictures from the Herald Sun. Am I missing something? Are these even the same guys?

LINK

James Edwards
    [​IMG]

Chancey Luna
    [​IMG]

Michael Jones
    [​IMG]

15. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

There's probably a bit of primal/evil in all of us, but some people just lack the sympathetic or compassionate. Maybe those types of emotions just shut off for them at times.

Either way, you're correct. No matter what social structure, political system, or whatever is capable of preventing senseless crime absolutely. People in our modern society have such a high level of security relative to history. People seem to lose perspective on that, and I don't blame them with all the death and horror from around the world consolidated into single news sources for their viewing. People have a pay WAY too much attention to emotionally dominant stimuli, and whatever may trigger it. It's the attentional bias, among other cognitive bias'.

Anyway, on to the actual topic.

We know these types of behavior are predominantly the result of experience during formative years. It's the reason I'm a proponent of overhauling, and better funding for public education. In addition to that, I believe publicly funded school/daycare should be available as early as age 1-2, and that counseling during the compulsory education years need MAJOR improvements. Kids establish behavioral traits & preferences that are often with them for the rest of their lives within the first year. The earlier children begin to learn how to live as part of a society, or have a chance to expose abuse, the better.

Investing in these types of changes would take time and patience, but more attention to raising minimum education standards would only help reduce the number of stupidity-influenced deaths like this. The kids who are special will distinguish themselves during primary education when given the resources and direction to do so. We have to put more effort into teaching the common pool, because we're sharing the same cities as is

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

Good in theory, but it will all be cancelled out by their degenerate parents who will end up the larger influence on their formative years than their education.

Basically, it's too late. Thugs populating the world with new thugs.

17. the shark

the shark Member

so this young man was MURDERED because these kids were bored and had nothing better to do.

This sickens me.

18. tomato

tomato Member

Oh is that what the title says? I thought they wanted some weed and companionship like "Three teens wanted 'kill,' someone"

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

The CNN article I read yesterday definitely showed 2 black kids and a white kid...the numbers in the back of the mugshot seemed to indicate that one of the kids was like 6'8"!

Also, apparently the white kid is cooperating as he says he was the getaway driver and not the shooter. I also read that they actually had seen him jogging, THEN got in their car and went to kill him, which makes it even more sickening. I don't understand what goes on in these kinds of peoples' brains.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This used to happen way more back in the day. Killing, Raping and Pillaging was just a way of life. It just shows us we are a much more kind and gentle society now days.