1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Three Questions Concerning the Rockets for Next Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cjstukenholtz, Jun 19, 2008.

?

Which one of the three questions concern you the most about the Rockets in 2008-09?

1. Will T-Mac and Yao stay healthy for the entire season and the playoffs?

65 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Will the team's PG play improve?

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Will the team play a lot more of RA's motion offense?

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. All three above are considered equally important for the team's success.

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

There are three questions I know that concern us about the Rockets as far as next season is concerned. I would like to know which question concerns you the most about the Rockets and next season.

1. Will T-Mac and Yao stay healthy for the entire season, and into the playoffs? I feel that is a question we'll all ask ourselves if neither one gets traded during this offseason because during the past three seasons, each of them have missed a rather significant number of games. I think that a realistic goal for either one of them is to miss no more than 10 games.

2. Will the team's PG play get better? Hey, I know that Rafer had perhaps his best season in a Rocket uniform, and let's just wish him well for even a better season in 2008-09. As for Aaron Brooks, right now, I'm just anxious to see how he'll do in the upcoming NBA summer league season. B-Jax just needs to be brought in off the bench only even if Rafer does get injured because I feel that It wouldn't hurt to try starting Aaron Brooks just to see how well he plays as a starter rather than be put in the game off the bench. I still say that an upgrade at the starting PG position would be good via trade, but I would keep Rafer on the team to be the backup PG. One thing about last season for us to remember is this: In the games that Rafer really played well, the team usually won.

3. Will the team play RA's motion offense more next season? If they did, then no team in the league will look forward to playing the Rockets next season because they'll be more difficult to defend.

Do all three questions weigh equally on your mind? I think that collectively, if the answer winds up being yes to all three of the questions by the end of the next regular season, then I would feel certain that we'll at least be watching them play the Celtics in the NBA Finals next June.

2. HAKEEM4EVER

HAKEEM4EVER Member

T-Mac & Yao's health.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

health is the most important thing for yao and tmac.

if they had yao for the playoffs i think they could've come out of the west.

4. tested911

tested911 Member

My personal answers to those questions.

1. No because history has shown in the last 4-5 years Yao or Tracy will get injured.

2 If this is the current roster then no PG will stay the same.

3. Base on 1 year experience alone will make them play a little better motion office.

5. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

Then do you think that Magic Johnson is right in saying that either Yao or Tracy needs to go early on last season? I would sure like to know how many members on this board think that such a trade involving one of them should happen as early as this offseason rather than the next offseason. I could consider starting a thread with a poll attached concerning trading Yao or Tracy now rather than the next offseason. I do think that it is debatable at this time.

I think that we should just hope that Aaron Brooks will be better next season, let alone Rafer if the same PGs wind up returning with the team next season. I would be surprised if Steve Francis is on the team's roster come opening night.

I hope you're right on this one. I've actually read that it took the Kings up to three years to learn to play RA's motion offense. Therefore, Bobby Jackson needs to be kept with the team since he knows RA's motion offense better than anyone else on the current roster.