1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on protesting the rest of this Golden Girl series? This has rigged all over it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Apr 28, 2019.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Nene gave Draymond greene a shot to the chops on a fast break early in the first. Officials didn't give flagrants probably to keep Nene from being benched by his coach.

The cp3 technical was from the cp3 and rajon rondo fight way back in regular season against the Lakers : /

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

4 missed 3 point fouls on Harden today seems too eerily familiar as a continuation from last years game 7:

If it’s not pro-golden girls, or anti-rockets, or some kind of conspiracy or fixing... then idk what it is. But it’s embarrassing and unfortunate because we should have got to the Finals last year. Am I right, or am I right?

Fiah, Tfor3, GotGame15 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I'm angry too, but this thread is pathetic.

There's a simple solution here: you give the refs one chance to call it correctly on Tuesday. They get it wrong, and you parade out Shumpert, Clark, etc. to stand in landing areas. Call the league's bluff and move down the slippery slope. Klay made four attempts to injure Harden, and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Hakeemtheking, slothy420 and s3ts like this.
  4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Arguing and fighting with the refs is just as bad as abandoning the game plan.

Harden did the right thing after he drove to the bucket with the dunk after he missed a free throw on the previous possession.

Cp3 was rubbing his right elbow after he was thrown out of the game. Arguing with the refs back fired this game.

5. Mr. Dominant

Y’all remember when the golden girls stepped under Kawhi on his stepback-jumpshot and took him out for the remainder of the year back in 2017 during the WCF?

It looks like it was the golden girls decision to do it this game to Harden, but luckily failed. Thankfully, we lost a game and not a player, but this **** is really outrageous.

They CALLED THE FOUL for Kawhi, but where’s our fouls? This is 100% a conspiracy. And I’m ****ing livid. Harden needs to get the ****ing respect he and the city of Houston deserve.

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yessir. Goons on the squad should be hitting that court hard when you come at the top guy like that.

rhee likes this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The Warriors are going to face their time with the refs now that the refs is an earlier narrative in the series. By the Refs doing what they done they have actually set the Warriors to be the heel and babyfaces always win the big game in the WWE model for business. I know this sounds crazy but the league is so greedy all they care about is getting the most money they can. I think we are flat out better than them and I am not even worried. Watch the Nba finals 2004 Lakers vs Detroit or 91 finals Bulls vs lakers. Close game 1 Series dominated by the loser of game 1 Incidentally Game 1 decided by a possession.

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Those were times when rigging wasn't done so openly. If they did, they'd do it at the end of close games. This game, the entire game was fishy. I can tell they tried to do make-up calls to blur the lines so it appears to be just bad officiating, not rigging.

bj3175 likes this.
  9. alethios

alethios Member

I called it during the GSW-LAC game, the refs were blatant in their disregard for fouls committed by the Warriors and it bothered me that the same was going to happen to the Rockets. Now it's coming to fruition.

Voltik and Tfor3 like this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Same crap as last year.

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, no, that’s wack

Not showing up for game 2? Really? All that will accomplish is adding an embarrassing moment for the franchise and make us look like the most weak minded team out there. We are not the only team to have been screwed by the refs in NBA history, but we’ll be the only team to have it effect them so much that they do something like not even show up to a playoff game? No.

Voltik likes this.
  12. Mr. Dominant

I think it would make a statement, not make us look weak. It would show how messed up the reffing is. We don’t show up, they don’t get money. It is a business after all, no?

I understand that we also need the money as a Houston Rockets organization for the Fanbase and entertainment and probably Vegas, but seriously this can make a huge statement to the league.

Just look, even the ref says it should have been a foul:

I’m seriously at a loss of words. THIS WAS OUR GAME. I’m so hurt, man. So emotional and upset and heartbroken and I really can’t focus right now.

13. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

No but I'd play the entire bench and D leaguers for gm2... that would piss the commercial sponsors and networks off so much....

14. kevtse

kevtse Member

I did email Netflix suggesting them to make a documentary "Making a Champion". It could be even more stunning than Making a Murderer.

Hope they are working on it.

BamBam likes this.
  15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I saw that

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Rockets aren’t the only team to have been screwed by the refs...I’m sorry, but I can’t co-sign something like this

Do people really think a Harden led team is going to have the majority of people rally around them as they make a stand against officiating?

The Rockets let horrible refs effect them so much that they refuse to show up for a playoff game? Nah.