1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on Jade Helm

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by K-Low_4_Prez, Jul 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I didn't see a thread posted yet, so I guess lock if there is another.

But what is everyone's thoughts on this whole Jade Helm thing? Routine military exercise or a plot to station troops in Texas and Utah leading to an eventual takeover?

2. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Can he play point guard?

1 person likes this.
  3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I hear he is.more of a scoring.wing lol

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My mom brought this up to me. Never heard of it.

From the way she was talking, it sounds like a bunch of nuts, be they right or left wing (I'm gonna say right, but not sure to be honest), have made up a bunch of conspiracy theories to make themselves feel less safe.

Of course, I'm talking from an unresearched point of view, too.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

It seems ridiculous when you first hear it but I'm starting to think that's there is something up...
    The initial controversy came when a photo was released showing where the "military exercise" would be taking place and it had both Texas and Utah marked as "hostile states" and this bent people out of shape since both states are known to be very protective of their beliefs and rights.

I've heard everything from this is just routine business to this is an attempt to get people in America used to seeing troops in the streets to brace for an eventual civil war

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

So they're actually serious about using taxpayer dollars to have the Texas State Guard monitor this crap?

I'd be pretty pissed about that if I lived in TX.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K-wJNpWgss8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hnzHtm1jhL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's doubly interesting, because as much as super-conservatives hate the Federal government, their near religious devotion to the infalability of the military has been sacrosanct and separated out from their paranoia about all things Federal. It's sort of a "crossing the Rubicon" moment for the super-nutters, and a point of fracture for more moderate conservatives who maintain their worshipful attitude about the military.

It's also depressing that the Governor of Texas apparently takes marching orders from Alex Jones. Reminds me of the Vonnegut quote about waking up to find the people you went to high school with running the world.

#7 Ottomaton, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  8. mclawson

mclawson Member

It's Barack Hussein Obama's not-so-secret plan to instill martial law and become ruler-for-life of the new world order's version of the republic of america. It's the fulfilling of the prophecy and there is nothing you can do to stop it. It will start at Buc-ee's.

1 person likes this.
  9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'll never cease to be amazed at the level of crap the seemingly decent people of Texas will buy in to. I understand opposition parties have to oppose, but the wingnut party has control of both Houses, it's not like they have to amp up the paranoia anymore.

I guess it really just that sensationalism is more fun. Nobody is going to notice your Facebook page when you post rational sane thinking.

I think I did convince my Mom this weekend that the Confederate flag is not just a symbol of a genteel way of life and if it represennts slavery to anyone, that is a heinous enough concept to defer to them.

#9 Dubious, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's called Bat****crazyitis.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I worked at Bucee's for 2 years and can confirm it will be the downfall of the USA and eventually all of humanity.

13. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, it's a strange alliance of the Teaparty Obama-hating gunnutters and the Alex Jones BLACK HELICOPTERS! and precious bodily fluids crowd.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Texas Monthly reported that 44% of Texans believe this stupid ****. That's really depressing.

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Judging from the Facebook, yes, this kind of thinking is alive and well. Fluorinated water, anti-terrorism drills disguised as military coups, etc. It seems to be prevalent among the Ron Paul and Alex Jones crowd. You can also find people posting about how Israel is the biggest terrorist state in the world. :rolleyes:

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder what percentage polled live in cities

Rocket River

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You know, full on tin-hat paranoia is a lot more interesting than everyday mundane life. Sort of like your sex fantasies are more interesting than your Saturday night sex with your wife. I think a lot of people engage in it out of tedium . It also relieves you of some of the guilt and responsibility for your own condition.

When I was a kid I remember my block of kids all got cut off broomsticks and we spent some Summer days strategizing how we would fight with them when the kids from the other blocks would come for us. I don't think we ever talked about why they would do that, but it was fun thinking they would.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Waiting for KingCheetah's "I'd hit it" or "would not hit" post. :eek:

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a good analogy. It's like the grown up version of that. Although it's kind of excusable for children.