1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on coach McHale now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fonzie_004, Mar 9, 2014.

1. King1

King1 Member

I'd stop posting, Wilson.

2. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Just because it worked out doesn't make it a smart move.

You have your timeline of events mixed up

3. ArtV

ArtV Member

Haha you know it's coming.

Winning cures all. But I don't think these Ws are because he did something that most people on the street wouldn't have done. Ok maybe he stopped doing things most people wouldn't have done in the first place but can you really give credit for that.

ie I'm enjoying the wins but I'm still not sold on Mchale as coach.

4. RedNation

RedNation Member

lol nvm. misread :p

5. conquistador#11

in the words of fil jaxxon,

GIVE HIM SOME F'ING CREDIT.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I still dont think he's the best coach, us winning has to do with the great chemistry we have along with our stars, that IS Mchales system and game plan though. He's done a great job getting the team together and motivating them, his play calling, substituion still lack though.

7. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets philosophy IS for the players to have input and some say in what plays are going to be ran because they are the ones actually playing and not the coach. The Spurs do the same thing. Tony Parker has a number of times called plays for the Spurs in crunchtime.

8. Nook

Nook Member

How do you even know what the play called was????????

The Rockets took a long time to get the ball in. How do you know that the play didn't break down? Further, they got the ball in Harden's hands, when everyone in the damn Toyota Center knew it was going to Harden. Also, he got a clean shot and he made it!

Unreal.......

9. saleem

saleem Member

Hope McHale will encourage more pick and rolls with Dwight/ Harden, Dwight/ Lin. I would like to see some more low post plays run for D-Mo and even Jones/Omer at times. We will need points in the paint from our bigs in the playoffs.

10. real_egal

real_egal Member

Time for some humble pie or crow, or whatever is served for me:)

I still don't think McHale is a good X's and O's coach, and still would like him to emphasis more discipline to the players, especially at defensive end. However, Rockets have been on a roll lately, and as the head coach, McHale definitely deserves a lot of credit. Team chemistry is much improved, and they are quite tough minded now. As a great player himself, he knows how to bring energy and fight out of the players.

We haven't been this excited about the team for a long time. Not just a game here and there, but generally the team as a whole. Not just talents on paper, but also the performance on the court is more and more dependable.

Now, if they can keep it up and follow through with consistency, we will be the team to beat. Last night's win was great, because we overcame all the hurdles. We are never afraid of Blazers, as well as they have been doing this season, but OKC is a different story. We don't have the mental edge over them, and next game is time for us to show the whole world how much we have grown as a team.

Hats-off to McHale.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Just stop. Please.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Was very skeptical about McHale mainly due to Harden's defensive effort and plays out of timeouts. Looked like McHale didn't have James' respect. Now Harden's defense has stepped up and we're scoring almost every time on timeout plays. We're stopping teams too coming out of timeouts.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Right, but other than that it was meh.