1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This year's offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aelliott, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I try not to go to hard at Silas because this roster is truly horrible...I question him tho because with the low talent level of this roster, they have no business being all the way down at 28th in passes per game and 3rd in isolations per game

With an offensive engine like Harden who is an ISO god then sure, I get it, but with this current roster?

D-rock and Hank McDowell like this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

I looked up our leader John Wall’s career stats just to kind of see how far he is off from being “all star” John Wall.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walljo01.html

I was wondering if there was some potential upside there. Well I have bad news. He is pretty much playing as well as we can and should expect. Not that he’s bad, he’s just not the kind of player that will carry your team. Right now he is averaging a career high in points per 36 on roughly the same overall percentage you should expect him to shoot based on his career offset by a career low in assists per game which by the way the team shoots overall, probably isn’t all his fault. He’s pretty much in line with his career per 36 averages across the board. Points a little up and assists a little down. His 3 point percentage of .351 is tied for his highest and has been achieved in two other seasons.

He’s having a good bounce back season by his standards. Any contenders out there in need of a PG? He’s pretty much the same guy that was once considered one of the top point guards in the NBA. Probably could help somebody.

Bo6, D-rock and harold bingo like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Offense is not good period

D-rock likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If he was paid half of what he is making, it would be a lot easier to trade him for positive assets.

Rocket River and vator like this.
  5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yeah true. He’s playing well, but it’s more like 20 million dollars well...certainly not 40 million well.

Easy likes this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

hopefully the next cba gets rid of the supermax

only a handful of players in the league deserve that contract

Easy likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Offense keeps regressing rather than improving.

Only 4 teams with worse offense than Rockets.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas only wishes he was running Moreyball, like MDA did and is still doing.

vator likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We just ran out of talent?

Rocket River

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member