1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

This team...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHayesIsMyHero, Aug 27, 2010.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Seriously? In other news...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

replace hayes with jordan hill and than u call a good solid startin lineup and backup

3. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

[​IMG]

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

We don't have a strong highly flying dunking post man. I sure miss Carl Landry :rolleyes:

5. blunto

blunto Member

Maybe with time; Hill hasn't proven himself enough yet to take many of Chuck's minutes. Hill's minutes will depend a lot on match-ups and how quickly he matures. Sounds like he might see some time at center.

And there's still this Patterson kid, too.

6. little_one

little_one Member

If u said so...

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I am happy with the current team even without Melo. Nice to be able to get him while he is still young, but at what cost? C-Bud, PP, Hill and the draft picks represent the Rockets future. Morey would essentially bet the farm on Melo.

OTOH, as some have posted, Melo would be a magnet to attract future free agents, and with a healthy Yao, they are most likely to be calling.

Morey will have some tough choices, but I trust he will do the right thing.

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I agree with the OP. I see a lot of the '05 Spurs in this team. A dominant low post presence, opposite a gritty big who can get you garbage points and hussle rebounds, A legit perimeter defender, a quick point guard that can shoot, an off guard that can shoot and get to the line, spark plug off the bench, big body off the bench with range, and a great situational post defender off the bench.

I like our chances a little more this year because in years past it has been feast or famine. We have always been 1 injury away from the lottery. But this lineup I can see one player injured and we can still compete for a playoff spot. Even more so than last year because if Yao goes down again we still have players taller than 6'7" we can put on the floor unlike last year.

9. liljojo

liljojo Member

This is my first offseason as a member of CF. Is it always this slow?