1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team will never win anything with Brock Osweiler at QB!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's his 5th year in the league. But the OL and runningame do suck so far.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Brock's QB rating ranked 25th last season.... saying he did well is being generous.

3. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

It's still early in the season, and plenty of time for turn around. Remember guys, 1st season with obie, so lets temper expectations.

That said, for anyone complaining about how Houston sports and in this case Texans in general don't get respect from national media, remember last night game. Respect is earned.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Le Batard said fans should feel hopeless with Osweiler:

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Brock may ultimately be a failure... but there's no prize for being the first one to suggest it.

They're breaking in three new starters and playing back-ups at 2 positions on the OL. If they're not markedly better weeks 9-16, THEN I think everyone can panic. But most of us knew there'd be growing pains.

Houstunna likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

He certainly has a long week to get it together and prove it against the Titans.

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Will he be elite?:p

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't want to hear the OLine and running game excuse. The pick Osweiler threw was into quadruple coverage. It was an absolutely terrible decision that had nothing to do with a bad oline or lack of running game. It

Still, I don't put last night entirely on him. He played better later, but none of it matters because we spotted the Patriots 14 points on muffed kickoffs.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Geezus, look at this play. Quadruple coverage with a fifth guy over the top. This is one of the worst interceptions I've ever seen. Brian Hoyer thinks that's a bad read. Ryan Mallet would have nightmares about this throw.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Had a guy wide open a couple yards out

Sajan likes this.
  12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Yes he played bad, but It's not all on Brock. Quarterbacks make mistakes. Tom Brady throws interceptions, and makes horrible reads sometimes. It happens.

This game was loss by the coaching staff and special teams. Are we afraid to tell our returners to kneel in the endzone? Also, What other team runs on every 3rd down attempt, no matter the distance? We don't even switch the type of run plays. Shotgun runs only work when the defense is expecting pass. We have Fuller, but instead of using him in short yardage for screens or end arounds, we decide not to use him at all. I'm convinced the coaching staff does not know their own personel.

Lamar is a speed back. Put him in screens, run some sweeps., anything but inside draws. If you want a power back resign Kenny Hilliard or convince Marshawn to unretire.

The entire playbook along with Godsey has to go. The offensive play calls are the same as the past 10 years. We are never the aggressors in the games.The offense has never come out with intentions of getting off to a fast start. As soon as we get behind schedule we give up on the drive. If the coaches could punt on 2nd and 15 , they would.

BOB threw the game. He wasn't interested in coaching last night. He was sitting down talking to Lechler while hiding from Belichek's glare across the field. The weak mindstate rubs off on the entire team.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

wasn't his ass crowned last week? no take backs.

14. dmoneybangbang

I put this game more on BOB due to the game planning, but there's no denying that Oz hasn't been an average QB in his first 3 games.

15. conquistador#11

Did alex smith just lose it over night when he faced our well prepared defense?
    If things break his way, td drops, his numbers would be 6 tds, 3ints with a 2-1 record. which is on point with a new offensive scheme.

I think there is too much on his plate, too much shotgun, too much reliance on DHOP, not because that's all he can see but because it's DHOP. I want to see him being more patient and take what the defense gives him. Nothing wrong with a little dink and dunk.

Or Hey newbie, here is the tom brady offense, now run it to perfection in your first off season with the texans!

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Funny enough though, KC fans had the same reaction that some Texans fans did. The "fire everyone" was strong with them the day after the loss. They were also saying "We'll never win anything with Alex Smith". I think that kind of freaking out is what pretty much every fanbase does, at least the segments of the fanbase that are susceptible to that kind of overreaction.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Agree he needs to be more patient. He seems to fire off to his first read almost every time.

It's his fifth year. He shouldn't be that overwhelmed at this point. Shotgun and Dhop should make it easier on him.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

all of what you said is true. and outside of the patriots game, I've generally been impressed with brock. That said - during the patriots game he reminded me of what I saw in him last year and it scares the bejeesus out of me - a one read quarterback.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Elway is such a troll, he knows his QB situation is a LOT worse, but is running his mouth due to one bad game against a really good opponent. By week 7 the Texans will be prepared to absolutely crush the Broncos and we'll see what he says then.