1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team plays so uninspired.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Nov 9, 2013.

1. dianelo

dianelo Member

A lot of people here hate Harden for his iso and defense.
    A lot of people here hate Howard for his FTs and whining.
    A lot of people here hate Beverly for taking Lin's starting job.
    A lot of people here hate Lin and I don't have to explain.
    It's basically what I've been seeing in most of the posts here. It's all hate and bashing.

2. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Uh..I miss the days of Hakeem, Smith, Maxwell, Horry and Thorpe as the startling lineup. I sure as hell don't miss the days of chuck Hayes and Scola. I don't even miss the Tmac and Yao era since we didn't even get out of the first round. Were struggling but it's early and it should have been expected being that we have made so many new additions to the team. I'd much rather still have this with the potential to improve throughout the year than go back to the days of being a 14 pick lottery team.

3. DattboyD

DattboyD Member

Still early to jump the gun....we've had flashed of what we can do on both ends of the court just have to get into s grove and do it for a full 48 mins!! Still to young in the season to give up on this team I'm very optimistic!!! Bleed rockets red!!

1 person likes this.
  4. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

The coach has to set the system and roles and the players have to buy in.

What's the system? Have we gone away from the PnR to feed a post player with no post moves?

OR

are we still driving a dishing, and spreading the floor (with no stretch 4) and 2 centers?

Who's the playmaker on the team? Mr. ISO?

Lin needs to be the playmaker and Harden needs to play off-the-ball and get his points within the system. He can go ISO when the play breaks down.

You're right. Harden and Howard play uninspiring ball. I like watching Bev and Lin. The more they are on the court together running the show the more fun it is watching.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lets see, they start the TT and go down by 10. the rest of the game they play small ball with 1 center at a time and catch up. doesn't take a genius to realize the TT doesn't work and being down early is costing us wins.

this is morey telling mchale that asik has to start and play big minutes so he can trade him for something good. morey always pumps the minutes of the players he wants gone to inflate their value.

besides always going down by double digits in the first quarter, everyone is playing well. the bench has been great! casspi, lin, garcia, and smith make a great bench. beverly and parsons are playing very well with the stars. harden has been playing well except for defense, and dwight has been playing well overall.

the only issues i see are that the TT's clog the paint on offense more than on defense and its costing us games. that, and mchale is an average coach at best. the run n gun system fits our players best, as does a PnR / drive and kick half court offense, but he needs to add some off the ball movement. on defense, rather than playing very aggressive and going for turnovers, they need to play more like JVG's defense by sitting back and packing the paint and forcing long shots. sure, it would lead to less fast breaks, but if we had more off the ball movement in our half court offense then it wouldn't matter so much.

6. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Got mchale to thank for that. Taking your ex-run and gun floor general off the starting lineup will have consequences. Despite large amounts of data showing that the Tt is not doing well, he continues pushing it. There are no regularity with the rotation. Mchale keeps playing with the hot hand leads to so much inconsistency. Mchale needs to make up his mind quick or this season can implode. Lin starting then Bev starting. Maybe Tt will and be abandoned or maybe not. It's terrible. Asik needs to come off the bench or traded. So sad to see it happen cause I really like asik. Lin is almost guaranteed to be playing on another team either through trade or free agency. Houston's coaching staff has not been kind to him.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

after a 4-1 start we are close to Lakers and Dallas territory

Playoff contending team again

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I also agree. Frighteningly, the doomsday threads are starting to make sense...

We still have a long season to turn things around, but right now the single scariest thing about the Rockets is that they're not playing with heart.

9. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

This is sooooooo true

10. LoLin

LoLin Member

It's a growing pain. We are only 7/82 into the season, so there's still time for the team to gel. However, they need to show effort and heart on the court.

If there's one thing McHale is right, it's when he said the players should appreciate that they are playing basketball for a living.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True. We can go down but going down like this feels weird

12. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

And who's reponsible for both 1. & 2.... THE COACH

13. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

I for one am thrilled to have a team with high expectations and star players. it's a very long season. We might not get a high playoff seed or win the championship but let's see. It'll be a fun ride. It's been pretty fun so far

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

How'd those teams do when it mattered in the playoffs?

15. joelcwu

joelcwu Member

The problem begins when McHale give ball to Harden to play PG for the starting lineup. Then to make Asik happy with minutes, not to back up DH12, we start with TT. Then coach told Lin to become an offensive spark of the bench, he drive to basket every time when he has the ball. These all results in no one make pass, no ball movement, no one facilitate. After couple losses, no pride for the team, no hearts from the players, team chemistry go down to sink hole, fans becomes agitated. It's time for teams management to take a hard look at how we use talents for this team, there's no doubt we got talented players and a deep bench. But why we don't see it from games other than preseason? McHale needs to make changes soon, or we may see Sampson in command before any trade happens.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Disappointed

17. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

18. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Bev and Lin for president!

19. Rox23

Rox23 Member

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They didnt look like that when they lost their last 2 games.