1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

This team plays so uninspired.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Nov 9, 2013.

1. MOHRocketeer

MOHRocketeer Rookie

Some of the non stars give a ton of effort. P Bev for example. The problem when you have a team like this is coaching

2. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Lionel Hollins might bring that defensive scheme from the Grizzlies

3. rocketsmetalspd

I still miss Scola and by the looks of it the Rockets do too.:grin:

4. boiler

boiler Member

I agree. I still could't get over the Lakers loss. How could you lose to this crappy Lakers team AT HOME after all the Dwight drama? Where was the pride?

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

He did. He played a really great game. But still the Rockets were -12 when he was out there, and for the most part he played with the starters.

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Usually when teams play unispired ball it's because of one of two reasons. 1. They are confused by the system and become disillusioned because of it. 2. They do not agree with nor like the system and become equally as disillusioned.

7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

If you just watch them they look confused and disorganized. I don't know why management can't see what were seeing. There's no direction at the top.

8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I have no doubt they see it...It probably has to do with their stubborness and pride and the belief that it's on the players to adjust and not them. I'm sure they'll come around, but I just hope it's sooner than later.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Where is the Heart? The Fire? Pride?

Basketball is a game of effort. And most importantly a game of heart, as Rudy T infamously told the basketball world in '95. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't go out there and give your heart or put that fire into what you do then the talent will go to waste. Where is the heart, the fire, of this Houston Rockets team?

The only player I see constantly giving his heart and fire is Patrick Beverley, and that's a problem. Beverley is a fan favorite and a good player but he is not one of the most talented guys and if he is the only one going all out and putting his whole self in the game then this team has way bigger problems than figuring out the Twin Towers or the cold shooting.

That stretch in the second half showed the lack of heart and fire in this team right now. I think the play that summed it up and put the nail in the coffin was that last turnover we had. The game was already decided, we turned the ball over for the billionth time and the Clippers had a 4 on 1 break. Beverley was back there and actually stopped the layup. The problem? Clippers got the rebound, put it back in before Harden or Parson even came in the picture. Seriously?! You are getting embarrassed at home to a team that just embarrassed you not even a week ago and you don't even have the pride in yourself to get back?! That's inexcusable. If that would happen in a high school game, you bet the player would get chewed out! Too many times this has happened this season for it not to be just a coincidence. Guys not hustling, not getting back into the play, guys just not playing with pride.

What I'm really trying to say is that I miss that swag we had last season and looked to have in the preseason. I miss seeing James screaming his head off after hitting a big shot or Jeremy stealing the ball, taking it to the house plus the foul and doing his pumping himself up even though he is on the court.

Last year we played with that underdog "chip on your shoulder - don't underestimate me" mentality that made this team so enjoyable to watch. There have been times where that same mentality has been shown like the Utah second half or the Dallas first half, but overall this team has played like we are "too cool" to do the right thing, the smart play. We are letting teams do what they want with us and not us forcing them to play our game. I just want to see some pride from this team. 0-18 runs are inexcusable and should never happen to this team. People consider us contenders but we are not playing with any type of heart or pride that says, "We are true contenders and we are here to compete for the title". We are being complacent and if you're not making your move to the top, you will be left behind.

That being said, it's still early in the season and we are far from a finished product. I don't want this to come off as a knee jerk or rant. Okay, maybe a rant. But I just want to see the Rockets play with heart and if we are serious about competing, we need to start and have that heart every game.

10. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

last several years this team has been known for its never quit mentality. i just don't that in this team.

11. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

see that*

12. steady

steady Member

I agree.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

They're all playing for themselves instead of for the team. Harden and Dwight's selfishness have been talked about enough already, but even the role players are too busy looking for their own. Lin has stretches where he'll just drive into the lane recklessly trying to get a basket even though the paint is clogged and he ends up turning it over. Parsons, our self appointed third star, is a ballstopper who yells at his teammates for either not getting him the ball when he's open even if the Rockets scored or giving him a bad pass and he fumbles it or misses. Casspi has been a surprise but there are still times where as soon as he gets the ball he'll shoot or drive into the lane.

I still love this team, but right now they don't seem like they care enough. Beverley, the smallest guy out there, is the only player who gives it his all 100% of the time.

14. Man

Man Contributing Member

The team clearly wants to play well and win - see Beverley, Casspi, Garcia, Asik, Parsons, etc.

Everything just unraveled in the second half though.. I think as others have mentioned, they looked confused, but this should be figured out over time.

15. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Watched Bev and Lin's post-game, unsurprising, team chemistry is low now and definitely an issue they're working through.

16. haydenfisher342

The problem is our offense.
    Our offensive is predictable,
    our screens are predictable,
    James harden is predictable,
    Howard can't make free throws,
    tt doesn't work,
    we need a pf,
    Our defense needs to understand to stay on shooters,
    don't play one pass away,
    they need to switch more often.
    Play full court press with beverly always everytime
    So much more but I'm done

1 person likes this.
  17. conquistador#11

they're right with our three point shot. =(

18. hahachui

hahachui Member

where is the ball movement?
    where is the offensive play?
    where is the D!?

19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Wrong place. This should be on the Texans site not Rockets. There's like 82 games, right? Chill out my peeps.

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Man I gotta agree with you OP.

I miss the days of Bob Sura tackling Josh Howard.

I miss Jon Barry and David Wesley throwing the REAL 3 symbol.

I miss Carl Landry blocking Deron Williams and saving the ball from going out of bounds, then pounding his chest knowing he sealed the game....all this after getting his teeth knocked out by Carlos Boozer.

Sure those teams weren't close to winning a championship, let alone a playoff series, but they were fun as hell to watch and root for.

I havn't felt pumped to watch a game yet this season....the players do look uninspired.