1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team needs..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets01, May 29, 2018.

1. farr3l

farr3l Member

One more year. So I will keep telling myself.

2. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

Honestly we don’t need to mod the team that much. I fully believe in our philosophy, and we have the right players to pull off this style. All we really need is to flip Ryan into more quality role players that can provide relief for our starters. Lebron would be nice but is gutting the team really the solution? The main problem we ran into this series was that our rotation was extremely limited due to injuries. Ideally we want 4 deep at the guard position because we very often go small with cp harden and eg all play togehter. We need that 4th guard that can provide quality play. A 3-D type of guard would be nice.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We should trade Ryan Anderson for Kawhi.

4. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

Cp is not young anymore.
    Harden has a target on his back from opposite team. From the warriors series alone, there were occasions where zaza and bell INTENTIONALLY tried to injure harden with the foot under landing. We never know which team is going to succeed which would force harden to sit out quite sometime if serious.
    EG is perfect where he is but you can’t run him to the ground neither. Given the injuries history of both CP and EGO. We would ideally need someone that could provide solid minutes on a regular basis to play a 4 men rotation back court.

saleem likes this.
  5. zito08

zito08 Member

I like this team, of course Ryan has to go he is a defensive liability so we can’t have 20 mil sitting in the bench. We need a starting power forward a small ball one that plays the 5 and also be a creater who can switch on defense. I love tucker but he should be coming off the bench. Of course the ideal player will be Lebron James he does all of that in a very high level. Another option will be Paul George but I don’t see him coming here. He is either going to the Lakers or stay in OKC. Anybody who fits that role besides the obvious 2? My mind went blank or draymond fits that role but of course he is not an option.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

...an enema

Get rid of Anderson

7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

We need Boogie.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I agree with most of what you said but I really don’t think the problem is the philosophy... shooting 40 threes would work if we were actually a good three point shooting team but our numbers all year show that we are about league average. We were 4 made shots away from the NBA finals with average to slightly above average shooters I don’t think our philosophy is the problem. We just have to execute better like D’Antoni said. We need another proven shooter that can still be able to stay on the floor when we have to shorten the rotation in the playoffs. We can’t have players like Anderson that are complete non factors on defense because when it comes to crunch time you can’t play them.

9. kevcai

kevcai Member

Adding Paul George is the dream for me this offseason. He's essentially the all-star version of the Ariza/Mbah Moute mold. He's a long, versatile defender that can hit threes but also finish better, create off the dribble, and facilitate a bit.

CP3 Harden PG Tucker Capela would be amazing and actually close the gap in talent vs. the Warriors without us sacrificing our identity/style of play (if we signed LeBron).

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

They need more 3 and D swingmen to throw at the Warriors, a backup center that has the athleticism to play solid Pick and Roll defense and a third ballhandler (doesn’t need to be elite, just someone who can be a secondary playmaker when Harden or CP3 don’t play.)

Also, even if it means moving two first round picks to do it, Morey has to unload Ryan Anderson’s contract.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets don’t have a prayer of getting George. OKC isn’t going to be willing to do a sign and trade with the Rockets, and he’ll have max contracts from the Lakers and Sixers to fall back on.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This 4th man has to be a solid backup PG.