1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team needs an enema!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OddsOn, Feb 10, 2009.

1. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Ok this is mostly a vent thread but here are some valid observations that I have seen.

1. T-Mac is soft and has no pride or heart. He says he does but actions speak louder then words. I know he is banged up and a shell of his former self but effort shows, or in his case doesn't show on the court.

2. Yao is what he is, a 7'-6" guy who has a great set of skils. But he is a half step slow due to his size, hasn't figured out the pump fake or how to be aggressive in going to the basket in seven years in the league, he has very poor balance and coordination probably due to his size, and would rather take charges then block shots. I couldn't believe a comment that Bill Worrell made in the last game saying that since Deke has returned Yao has gotten better at blocking shots? Are you kidding me, how the hell do you forget this in one off season? Honestly I don't think he has a very high b-ball IQ, he is a hard worker and a good study of the game but he has never flowed "in" the game like we all want him to. And for crying out loud can he do some off season balance beam drills over a tub of those little foam things in case he falls?

3. The two of these guys have never played well together, we saw glimpses the first year but they have done absolutely nothing to improve their chemistry on the floor and I must admit I am at a loss as to why. It would seem pretty freakin' obvious that Rafer or T-Mac would / should be using Yao for pick and rolls almost every play but Yao pretty much sucks at the PnR. He never turns the right way on the roll, rushes to much to move after the pick and as a result gets called for a lot of moving screens.

4. The rest of the team goes at these two guys go. When they play bad like on Monday night the whole team plays bad. There is some sort of riff going on with the team because our defense is so bad I could score a layup on them. Maybe its coaching, we never had a problem with effort under JVG, and if he had the depth of talent we have this year I think we would have gone a lot farther. But bygones and hind sight and all that jazz. We are what we are, we have lost way to many games to last place teams this year and that game on Monday against the Bucks pretty much sums up the whole year so far.

Well now that I have that off my chest I am personally boycotting the Rockets games for the rest of February. If they can't give me more effort then what I saw last night I have much better things to do with my time then waste three hours of my life on watching crap like that....and then be in a bad mood for the evening and the next day....LOL

See you back in March (unless Morey pulls some sort of Jedi like trade before the all star break...)

2. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

IT IS WHAT IT IS!!

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

It also aint what it aint

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think T-Mac, Artest and Battier all need to be moved and replaced with some speed, heart and athleticism.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

This team would probably miss the toilet if given a enema.

6. jae713

jae713 Member

Now we see who the true fans are.

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Haha...nice.

8. esteban

esteban Member

Your analysis of Yao is wrong. This thread is EPIC FAILED!

I'm still surprised with fan like you, why the hell Yao still sticking around here?

Haven't you seen that little 4 game winning streak we had a little while when Tracy was out?

I love it when posters just lump Yao together with TSlack, so far Yao is having a good season, despite playing with wussies and headcases!

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good call. Absolutely dead on.

10. Humer

Humer Member

I have been a fan of the Rockets for many, many years and listened to this same stupid argument. Just because I don't accept the complete disarray that I see on the floor game after game and want for something better from my "team" I should not EVER be questioned for being a fan. Being a fan of a team doesn't mean blind obedience. It doesn't mean you never question lack of effort or heart.

I have been, and always will be, a Rockets fan. It's just painful to watch the crap that's going on right now. I still hope for a miraculous turnaround, but I'm looking at another wasted season and early round exit.

-Humer(less)

11. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Spell Dikembe's last name with out looking it up, cause you get it wrong every post, lol. True fan, huh?

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about? Really? I have zero clue....

EDIT: Oh I see, typo......Hmmm, Sticking with my team through hard times/or have a spelling B? Johnny Ringo?

13. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Didn't you know that TRUE fans never spell anything wrong? ;)

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You know how I know I'm a p*rn addict? I know what enema is. :eek:

15. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Please......I have been a Rockets fan probably longer then you have been alive. Its because I am a real fan and not a bandwagon jumper that I voice my concerns and observations.

Furthermore I would argue that my assessments of Yao are spot on and you have given no effidence to the contrary. All you have done is made it quite obvious that you are a Y O F with blind devotion...

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

17. GMNot

GMNot Member

I got sick with fever and had this dream...

The Rockets showed up for practice today and as they were getting suited up Les walked in. Everyone could tell by the look on his face that it wasn't going to be chat session. He slowly went around the locker room just looking at each player, not a word being said. At the end were the big three. He stopped longer there and after a long solemn stare into each one's eyes, he drifted to the center of the room, head down. Still no words. After about 10 seconds, he lifted his head and said softly but soberly... "Has anyone here ever had a desire to visit Siberia?" Another pause. Then he said. "I can make it happen." And with that he glanced around the room at each player again and then walked out of the room.

I woke up before I saw what happend after that.

18. Landlord Landry

as a real fan of the movie Tombstone, I can assure you that you are also wrong on that quote.

It wasn't Jonny Ringo....It was Ike.

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

again, just another fair weather fan. boycotting because we are not playing well? better things to do than WASTE your time? don't bother coming back in march with that attitude

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yao has given us 1 great, complete season.
    McGrady has done more on the court for the Rockets than Yao ever will...
    <br>
    Neither has the ability to go far in the playoffs by themselves anymore. Yao actually never did..
    <br>
    It is what it is..