1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team needs a Vernon Maxwell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 1, 2004.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dear Vernon ,
    [​IMG]
    I know you must be taking the inmates to school in the Florida prison bball courts. I'm writing to tell you the state of the Houston Rockets now. Your team.

We have a center, but he doesn't take it strong to the hole like Hakeem. We have a great two guard but if someone made fun of his family or his uneven eye balls, he wouldnt go in the stands and pummel him.
    Worst of all, we have a team that doesn't play with heart.

We dont have a team that doesnt high five each other, or bump chests, or jump on the scorers tables.

We dont have a team that believes that you can take a turnaround fade-away three pointer to beat Miami.

We dont have team who yells back at the fans that yell at them. We dont' have a team that gets technical fouls.

We have a team that doesnt play hard in practice. I heard you and Carl Herrera got to it a couple times.

No matter what negativity. When the City and stupid chronicle write Eddie Sefko called your team "CHOKE CITY", you responded with anger and 31 points in the second half against Phoenix. You didnt even care that Hakeem was wide open under the basket!!

We know that several women who were not your wife accused you of hitting them. And you admitted that you did. But you have more honor then Kobe. You didn't lie or blame Hakeem saying that he gets women too. you are true to your teammates. You never dishonored the Rockets (I dont care why you left when Clyde came, we still won the championship anyway)

Hope you get well. Nelson Mandela got out. So will you.

-TINMAN
    :(

2. tinman

Supporting Member

PS...

Vernon,

Im glad to tell you that your boy Ron Artest attempted to beat up the entire 3rd row of Detroit Piston fans. Your name has been mention thousands of times in the media again.

Unfortunately the only good news for the Rockets is that we haven't lost to the BOBCATS.

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

tinman is my hero...

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

...yet.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Dear Vernon,

Let me update you on your friends.

Kenny, he's now the most popular analyst on TV. He has a nick name called the "JET".
    Dream, I think he's in Jordan. No, he's not dating MJ. Thats forbidden in Islam. its the country Jordan.
    Mario, he's an assitant coach now for the Warriors. Scotty Brooks is also an assistant at Denver.
    Otis Thorpe, he's retired in Round Rock. He gave me a thumbs up at McDonalds.
    Rudy. He's now a coach in LA. He's leading his team to a good record with a bunch of hearty guys and a scumbag two guard.
    Bullard. Do you believe they replaced him as color comentator with a WNBA coach?
    Sam, he's the best PG in the NBA, plays for the Wolves.
    Horry? He's with the Spurs, the refuge for ex-Rockets. He got 3 more rings.
    Here's something that will boggle your mind. We have PATRICK EWING as our assistant coach.
    If you do get out and join the Rockets. please rough up our power forwards like you did Herrera. They need to stop being so soft.

-TINMAN

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

What this team really needs is a DAMN GOOD rebounder!!!!!!!!!!

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't see how you guys could not like Tinman.

8. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

and a Vernon Maxwell!!!

9. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

quality post tinman :cool:

10. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I like tinman he allways makes me laff w/ his Anti-Howard posts.

& as long as Maxwell can rebound sign him! Well ether that or b**** slap Yao and show him how to box out cus Ewing sure as hell ant showin him ****!

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I really try to keep up with tinman but he's so far in the atmosphere that the air up there is too thin and I end up blacking out...

12. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

wow...

...nice one, tinman.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I had to make a comment about the 2 biggest things mentioned about the Rockets in the past couple of weeks.

1. They suck
    2. Vernon Maxwell's name appeared world wide because of Ron Artest.

A friend told me they were in China and say the Artest thing on the news. All he said was it was all in Chinese.

Ron Artest..*chinese words*
    *chinese words**chinese words*
    *chinese words**chinese words*
    VERNON MAXWELL!!! *chinese words**chinese words*

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

This team *could* use a little insanity. And I don't mean the sleepy-eyed Eddie Griffin kind. I mean the "Beyond Thunderdome" kind.

If only we had one guy- JUST ONE GUY- who would rather stab a crippled r****d in the face than lose. That kind of feeling spreads, man.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Man I wish we had Artest!
    I want Yao or TMac to just foul someone hard. I thought Van Gundy use to coach the KNICKS!! We are playing like some finesse team that can't shoot.

16. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Okay tinman, I take what I said about you back. You are da man!

But why do we need Maxwell, or Artest when you get JVG? Didn't he run on to the court, hung on soneone's legs for a quarter length of the court? Just ask him to do that again, we'll be fine. :D

17. tinman

Supporting Member

We should chip in some money to bail out Vernon ! Come one its Christmas time.

This is what i'm looking forward to this season:

1. the trade deadline
    2. Magic vs Rockets
    3. Bobcats vs Rockets
    4. Bobby Sura starting
    5. Juwan's DNPs for the year

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Update,

Vernon, your boy Ron Artest is now on your team and he's gonna be the next you and lead this team to a championship. We'll finally get past the freaking first round and we'll make you proud.

sincerely,
    us real fans

19. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

who is vernon maxwell?

I think this team needs rudy gay

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Looking back at this statement 4 years ago. Man this is priceless! :D