1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team is something special (don't trade anyone)!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketPowerNick, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

if we dont trade anyone this year how will our d-league team (sacremento kings) survive?

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think the most likely scenario is that the Rockets trade for a Delfino-type wing player about to expire for very little. Perhaps Camby+Brooks+2 2nd round picks or something to that extent. The Rockets have stated over and over that they want to go small, but they lack the necessary bodies. Casspi is still a question mark. Garcia has had injury issues. They need at least one more floor spreader to split the minutes for when they want to play spread offense.

Otherwise, I think Morey will stay pat unless a star appears on the market.

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

This man.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. jbasket

jbasket Member

And Morey hired Mchale.

In Morey I trust. :cool:

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

Calls timeout: "Come on guys, we only have one play: running the pick and... what was it? oh right, the pick and roll. Eh that's too complicated, just score the ball. celt errr... rockets on three!" *huddle breaks

6. Unstable

Unstable Member

What I liked:
    The team was playing at half throttle against the mavs and still manage to handle it quite well, okay the first quarter wasn't great but I think thats just players needing to settle in (Asik just back from injury and Lin recovering from flu).

Harden is on cruise mode so if he turns up one notch it would be super

Howard is settling in fine, I am seeing harden, Lin and parsons all being able to throw oops to him so they have been working out their chemistry.

Parsons is also blooming well

Lin has improved but I still think he needs to moderate his passing pace, I still seeing him catching his own team mates unawares

Asik seems to be fine but we will know more in the next 2 games or so

Bev is doing great, he is capable of covering the Pg duties and I also like the Lin bev combo

Garcia is also good for the outside shooting

Casspi is a pleasant surprise, he is a good option backing up the starters

Dmo is better than jones as he is able to blend better with the team, jones need to moderate his tendency to try to everything by himself, but both are okay to help play some minutes

Smith is okay but I haven't seen any spark from him yet

Brooks and brewer I haven't seen enough to form a judgment but they seem passable

The rest don't seem to be nba ready though....

7. pippsux

pippsux Member

I am excited in this team. The parts look great together, unlike the NFL NBA preseason is about momentum into the regular season. I like how we are playing and expect it to carry over

8. yummyhawtsauce

LOL. Gotta agree with that. Sloppy defense sometimes and I cringe when Howard takes it in the post. was expecting more from him, but I guess he gets doubled alot to prevent the ball to him.

Asik still can't get the ball from Lin and his freebies get blocked...if Dwight had the same pass from Lin, it would have been slammed lol. I wanna see Lin and Dwight more to see if they can build more chemistry.

I also noticed that there's a ton of failed alley oops more than ever lol. Guess they have to work out the kinks.

9. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Lin and Asik could anchor a second unit that would be quite potent.

Amazing to think last season they were projected to be our two star players, and now they can be our second unit, with the addition of Harden and Howard.

Amazing.

Don't underestimate the importance of having two players of that magnitude coming off the bench.

If our first unit just holds their own all season, i.e. plays even (which they can and should be able to do every night), then our second unit could in theory outplay any other second unit in the league, and, well, just sayin'

10. RocketPowerNick

Even if Lin comes off the bench, I hope he can play a ton of minutes with Dwight.

11. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Bev, parsons, And Asik is too much for Aldridge or love

12. skyline07

skyline07 Member

I remember a thread that tried to convince the Rockets fans to not trade our rookies like Royce White, Lamb, Tjones, and Dmo......Now look at the result after 2 years and trading a few of them. Bottom line NO ONE IS SAFE

13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I am not worried about the PF spot anymore. Regardless of how Smith, DMo and TJ play, Dwight, Parsons and Casspi would be fine by themselves. That means everything is good to go~~!

14. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Unforunately, some never learn that lesson.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

A few players will be traded so you might as well get ready for it.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I have a feeling the collective rocket fan base excitement can be summed up in this pic:

[​IMG]

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Howard being better than he was....i don't see that yet, but i'll take your word for it. I agree, though, that this team is set for championship contention as is.