1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team is something special (don't trade anyone)!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketPowerNick, Oct 21, 2013.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Well said, I was thinking the same thing myself during the game. I love that McHale can use Beverly and Lin however he wants and it can work 90% of the time. If he can get the PF position paying off, this team should stand pat. With pat. And Lin.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Cleverly disguised fire Mchale thread.

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

the lineup can work but harden n lin need to know to get the ball into dwight. asik n dwight in the game basically means noone is getting a rebound other than them. this team is too deep with talented players. I feel a trade will come but i doubt its asik this year.

4. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Why do you say that? He has played pretty darn good in the preseason and looks to have great chemistry with the guys. I heard that same comment about Battier.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

I love Bev but if you're offered Love or Aldridge and they ask for Bev, you HAVE to reluctantly hand him over. Especially if Canaan is killing it in the D-league.

The two keys to investing are buy low and sell high. I don't see Bev's ceiling being much higher than this

6. bewy

bewy Member

I think we are overvaluing Beverly here. If they are to give us Love or Aldridge, it will have to include parsons and Asik AND beverly which I will not do.

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

Sounds awfully similar to what Kwame said about a certain player. Rep to anybody who knows who it is.

8. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Exactly, thank you. The team is playing so well, everyone's contributing and improved from last year...c'mon guys, have faith in our people, root them on, and drop all the dumb trade talk. There won't be trades for another four months anyway. Let it rest and support the guys we got. Jeez.

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Very true that any "Asik for Aldridge" trade would probably include Beverley. No way any team would choose Lin's poison pill contract over Bev's contract which is about 1/5 the pricetag: the better Bev plays the better trade bait he'll be.

10. chrisman_29

chrisman_29 Member

In other news, Royce White fouled out in 17 minutes of play today. #BeWell

11. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

People really don't want to get rid of Howard anymore? I mean it's only one preseason game he has looked good vs two bad ones.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Well, I can name a dozen candidates that are more qualified.

This is Kevin's make or break season. If he doesn't deliver, he's out. Thankfully.

For the team's sake, I hope we go far, but I will never accept mediocrity calling plays...wait...clapping and shouting inaudible noises of confusion from the bench. :grin:

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Shane Battier or Kyle Lowry?

1 person likes this.
  14. RocketPowerNick

I did say "team" and not coaches, McHale might improve his coaching (like Bev, + Lin will improve their game) :grin::grin:

Morey though is incredible

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Lol COH.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You pretty much got it right. I do not see Morey making any major trades in the next two seasons. But Howard will be the driving force behind the Rockets this season. And next season. He is a HOF center in his prime. And no other center currently in the NBA even comes close.

17. dje243

dje243 Member

In the Feigan article, Carlisle has some good stuff to say about the Rockets. Says our 3rd team looks like a real NBA team.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

WTF? I thought this discussion was over and done with. McHale in an incredible coach. Otherwise the "incredible" Morey would not have hired him. Do you have any understanding of the role a NBA head coach plays? Thought not.

19. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]