1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team is hard to root for

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

this team will get done up in the playoffs.

hopefully mchale will be fired shortly afterwards.

2. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

I'm always cheering for the Rockets to win, no matter what, but it's frustrating to see the obvious problems this team has and nobody making an effort to correct them.

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

I'll take a break from Clutchfans until the next game . As i can see , the forum exploded after the game. Have a nice day (here it is morning).

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

OK, who is asking you to root for them...?

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

haha, dude i know exactly what you are saying...

some people are being so dramatic.

tbh i agree with your premise. it is hard to root for these clowns.

they make the same damn mistakes over & over. 19 points in the 2nd half.. at home?? you have to be kidding me!!

and asik's phantom injury is what cracks me up the most.

morey sure does know how to find em..

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

The same guy who asked you to reply

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

You do realize that Hakeem Olajawon himself has admitted publically that he doesn't give 100% and coast in the regular season, right? You do realize that EVERY player in the NBA does not give their all every game of the season, right?

I have a hard time believing you as a long time fan has not picked this up in all your years of watching basketball. Did it just occur to you today that players don't play every regular season game like their lives depend on it?

8. NateNate

NateNate Member

Exactly. It doesn't mean we wont be there Saturday cheering and hoping for a win

9. NateNate

NateNate Member

What have we accomplished?
    What has THIS team done to earn the right to coast?
    What switch have they earned to be able to flip on in the playoffs?
    Is this not a team that has been together for less than a year? (With D12)

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

don't hold your breath if you think the rockets defensive effort is magically going to pick up in the playoffs... it is_what it is.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

A question. Do you give your 100% at work every work day? Do you never take time to browse the internet or relax when you have tasks to accomplish? Are you someone who, assuming you work the typical 40hours/week, spend those 40 hours dedicating yourself fully to the success of your company?

12. NateNate

NateNate Member

Man you're really stretching it with that one. Do i? No? Do i get paid millions to play basketball? No. Do they? Yes. But honestly I'm not even trying to get that deep with this.

13. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

Ohhh tell em. Also don't underestimate the heart of a champion :p:p

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

You said it hurts you personally that they don't give 100% everyday at work. So I'm asking you if you give 100% everyday at work. If you don't, why does it hurt you personally that another person would do the same thing you and most others do all the time?

15. NateNate

NateNate Member

Apples and oranges man. I'm not trying to gel with my coworkers. I'm not working towards some championship at work either. Honestly that's rule #1, You can not compare sports to a regular day job. The argument just doesn't work either way you spin it.

16. DocRock

DocRock Member

You coast against the Bucks, you bust your @ss against OKC. Dream wasn't coasting against Robinson, Malone, Kareem etc.

At home against the favorite to win the West, who happen to be your superstar's old team, and blew you out last time, is NOT the time for anything less than 100%.

17. NateNate

NateNate Member

Do you give 100% at work? :rolleyes:

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

So basically, basketball players should care about the success of their employer(Rockets). But you shouldn't have to give a damn about your company? Double standard maybe?

No. I'm at work right now and posting on clutchfans. Of course I don't. But then again, it doesn't hurt me personally when I see players slacking off in the regular season at times.

19. NateNate

NateNate Member

That work question was for the DocRoc fella.

I'm not even gonna entertain that argument man. It's just a bad play on your part. Ask anyone, you can't compare the two, you just can't. I'm not even gonna do it to try to make my point.

20. DocRock

DocRock Member

Lol I did give 100% once upon a time when I was training. Now I'm a veteran so to speak and can turn it on and off (major progress points/deadlines). I would be pissed if someone new came in loafing their 2nd year in.

Dwight hasn't mastered the post. Harden hasn't learned how to get everyone else going. We're one of the youngest teams in the league, and haven't done anything meaningful yet. We shouldn't be coasting, especially not against the elite teams in the West.