1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team is hard to root for

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Jan 16, 2014.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

Hey you! find another team! The nerve....

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I won't spend one cent for the game like today's.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I find it funny that you hate on AB or Tmac but when others don't play with heart or intensity you just don't say a word. Cherrypicking at its finest.

4. Andrew Wiggins

Westbrook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beverley and WHO ELSE?

5. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Chenji up in here trying to act like the ultimate fan or some shh, but comin off like a bit of a douche.

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

I'm not gonna make another thread but you know what else i believe?

I believe McHale is a good coach for Howard, but I don't believe that to be the case for Harden. Harden needs a kick in the butt sometimes while Howard needs a pat on the back. Harden gets away with being lazy to often.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't hate on AB for lack of heart or effort or talent. I hate on AB getting heavy minutes due to the fact that he is completely worthless when his shot is not falling. I hate on T-Mac because he literally quit on the Rockets in the middle of the game, because he picked the Lakers to win, because he had so much talent and did so little with it, because he is a whiny little diva that has accomplished nothing in the post season. I still have yet to get an answer from any T-Mac fan btw: has any player as talented accomplished then than T-Mac?

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Wah wah... go cry to someone who cares.

9. dianelo

dianelo Member

Then root for a few other teams too. I root for Pacers, Spurs, Rockets and any teams that play against the Heat, Knicks, Wolves, Clippers & Warriors. I can almost find something to cheer about on any gameday. You'll find life much easier then.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

And if anyone is wondering, yes I am pissed at Dwight and his stupid fouls, I am pissed that we couldn't make a basket to save our lives, I am pissed at AB for being such complete garbage when he can't hit his shot, I am pissed at Garcia doing his very best to not deserve a VET MIN CONTRACT, I am pissed that Asik is a baby and not a pro, I am pissed that we have had nothing but an endless merry go round of injuries to key players, I am pissed at all the dumb TO's this team makes sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hard to find though. Guys like Oden were said to have physical talents. Thabeet even.

Tmac wasn't Top 5 talent when drafted people tend to forget he was like the 9th guy on the ladder much like Kobe at 13th.
    Quitting yeah but it's not like he was fully healthy though. It was a bad decision on his part. No doubt.

12. NateNate

NateNate Member

You already cemented your legacy as the ultimate fan lol Don't start criticizing now.

Just giving you a hard time on that one BTW

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Honestly, if T-Mac had said I am still hurting, let me sit out this season to recover, I wouldn't be nearly as bitter about him as I am. T-Mac was like that hot ex that cheated on you constantly.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Funny I don't feel that way. I was rather an avid follower of Yao. I was more sad about the big guy who could not get close to the Finals and Tmac could not help him. Me and friends used to talk about Tmac and his athleticism. But that was gone fast.

I am sure Mac as a pro did not want to end his tenure like that. Some guys are like that. Remember Gilbert Arenas. Guy came, rocketed to the top and fell down quickly.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That's weird, I find it easy to root for the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

What pissed me off was T-Mac taking himself in and out of games on whim and then trying to tell anyone and everyone he was healthy when he wasn't. That and quitting on the Rockets during Toronto game. Injuries I can understand. That is why I never, ever hated Yao. I wouldn't have mind us trading him though.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

That's what I'm saying. Never at any point have I ever though, man this team is hard to root for.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

There was never a point in my life where I find myself not rooting for the Rockets. Not when Pippen was quitting and Hakeem was no longer the Dream, not when Francis and Mobley were dribbling forever, not when Mo Taylor and Kelvin Cato were bigs, not when only 4 players scored in that game 7 loss against the Mavs. Not when Yao and T-Mac went down, not when we looked like perennial treadmill team with Scola, Hayes, Lowry, and the gang.

So I can't see how THIS would be the year of all years to have trouble rooting for the Rockets. I mean, my lord the team has been in constant turmoil after Hakeem's departure. This year is probably the brightest future I've ever envisioned the Rockets since right after the McGrady trade.

Anyone who wishes to jump off the bandwagon is free to do so. Honestly, it would make GARM a lot more enjoyable in our best season half a decade.

19. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Whoa, who said I was crying? Sounds like someone's butthurt and crying themselves. It's gonna be ok, little one. Just go back to sleep.

20. NateNate

NateNate Member

If guys aren't giving 100% and are obviously coasting...as a die hard.. long time fan.. i take that personal.