1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team has too much heart

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Apr 2, 2012.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Coach McHale hassure knows how to light a fire in these guys. His hiring is looking better every game.

2. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Kevin McHale. Dude played with a broken foot for half a season all the way through the finals just to win another chip--which effectively cut his career short and explains the limp he walks with to this day.

1 person likes this.
  3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I also think its the players that Morey covets, as many GM's would of course, but he actually finds them. Not too mention that the only way DM will offer a player big money is if he actually contributes and plays hard. That's one thing that makes me love this team even more, no overpaid selfish players. We can rest easy knowing Morey won't commit Rashard Lewis money to an average player.

4. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

100% similarity to me. Scary. Where in Cali?

5. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

My oh my, how quickly you all forget.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe the coaching has something to do with it too.

7. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Southern California in Upland maybe an hour from LA. Where do you live?

8. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

This the same reason why I fell in love with this team. I from cali also never been to Houston been a fan for 18 years. I love the never say die attitude....Rockets4life

1 person likes this.
  9. zzpot

zzpot Member

Wow... that's kinda cool. I came from H-town to Mira Loma Cali way back when.

Went to school at Rubidoux (Ru`bi' dow` ) (French Indian pronunciation, I guess)

After graduation I Drove a 1961 Volkswagen Beetle ....THAT I BOUGHT IN 'UPLAND' CALI....LOL ) Back to Houston.

My Dad was a huge Lakers fan and I became one too watching the games with him. Sometimes we would turn down the sound and listen to Chick Hearns call the game over the radio if he was not doing it on TV... Back then you did not always need cable to see games. Just a TV plugged into the wall. and if your guy was Hearns then turn down the TV sound and turn up the Radio!... ( Thanks DAD )

I was still a Rockets fan in Cali, and became both when I came back to H-town.

I'm a Rockets fan for 27 + years now. WOW close to 30 years. I lost the Lakers love 20+ years ago... they turned to dirt and Houston never did.

GO ROCKETS!!!!

zzpot.

PS. I was at one playoff game in the summit when the Rockets played the Lakers and Houston won that game. 198o's before kareem Abdul Jabbar retired. WOW close to 30 years. I can count 66 + games at the Summit and I worked nights all those years. Never been to the Toyota Center...yet...lol.

I remember the NBA players gave Kareem a Motor Cycle one night in his last year as a player.

ZZPOT. <<<< I still have game

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Wish it would flow over into more passion and toughness, it's time to play a little dirty and get into players and refs' faces for those messed up calls. That's what I loved about the 90s teams, Chaney & Rudy T + players like Max, Cassell, Elie and at times Dream & Thorpe wouldn't take any crap.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I don't remember anything that happen last season, but this year OKC, Lakers and Bulls are already etched in my head. So loving this year, I can't believe we had a lockout. David Stern GO HOME!!!

12. 713

713 Member

This team has too much assets.

13. conquistador#11

but but we haz no starz!
    I'd rather be the wizards always getting the starz with their draft picks!

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

GO ROCKETS!!!