1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This still isn't a playoff team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm not saying the Rockets aren't a playoff team. They might get the 8th seed. But so what? They still play too inconsistently and have a lot to improve. Phoenix is very mediocre as well.

How do you define mediocre? I would say around 40 wins is pretty mediocre, especially for a team that supposedly has so much talent and is getting better.

2. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

That's not mediocre, that's underachieving. But I do not consider this team to be a bunch of underachievers. They are exactly where they should be. They are not as talented or saavy or experienced as the teams in front of them. They are doing all that they can do and I think its time for people to stop having these high expectations for them this year.

3. blacksteel69

blacksteel69 Member

4. blacksteel69

blacksteel69 Member

I see improvements ... then they seem to retrovert to their old ways. I dont know if we will make the playoffs but seeing Mobley yelling at Yao made me realize that this team is not as unified as they should be right now. Chasing for a playoff spot is not the time to be selfish. Tonights game(blazers) was uninspiring and downright ugly at times. The one point lead was false hope, but I have seen them play well in the past few games(at times). Its like a Two-faced monster... but hey so are the fans.

praise when they win, haters when they lose.

"sooner or later they are going to have to pick a side" G.W.B.

5. blacksteel69

blacksteel69 Member

hey Mr. Clutch... 40 wins would be the 3RD seed in the east!

6. blacksteel69

blacksteel69 Member

40 wins... see Philadelphia-

:eek:

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I have changed my mind. This team won't lose five in a row, they're lose SEVEN in a row!

We're going to get murdered by the Lakers and Spurs when we come limping home from this disasterous road trip...

8. Franchize3

Franchize3 Member

True. But isn't this like only the fifth or sixth game that, for example, Ray Allen has played w/the Sonics. But unlike, the Rockets, they've gotten better.

Stop making lame excuses for a team that, due to their own fault, is nowhere near reaching their potential.

9. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

OKAY.

THERE ARE 15 games remaining.

Pheonix play 7 teams that they have a better record than.......and 8 teams that have a better record than them.
    SO JUST ASSUMING......they will go 7-8.

We are gonna play 8 teams that we have a better record than......and 7 teams that have a better record than us.
    We can go 8-7.

WHOOOOO.

But what if Golden States goes 15-0?

10. efsdfdsfs

efsdfdsfs Member

I guess because the rox already proved atrains idiot theory wrong no one cares about the thread anymore?

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad A-Train was wrong.

12. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

: : OmegaSupreme magically brings this thread back to life : :

hope you guys/gals didn't forget about this thread courtesy of a-train.

this is NOT a playoff team... even though they lost to the snowflakers by only three points. stupid decision making, wrong basketball mentality (cough... mobley... cough... yao... cough), and well... all of the coaching staff sucks. i thought larry would shake things up a little. wrong! much, much, much worse.

i'm tired of having a young and exciting team.

13. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

We can still be a playoff team....NEXT YEAR...maybe this season. Just hope we can beat Denver...:(