1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This still isn't a playoff team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Mar 17, 2003.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I know what A-Train is doing.

He has done this all season. He thinks if he picks the Rockets to lose that they will win. So now he is picking them to miss the play-offs as a reverse mojo.
    He thinks if he picks them to miss the play-offs that it will somehow increase their chances to make it.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

it seems to be working. Keeping up A-Train.

3. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

I second that. Rice, Taylor, and Cato will be starters in an average team. Kings/Spurs, be scared of Rockets!

4. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

yeah, when he picked the Rocks to go 5-0 on the road trip, we lost to the Knicks and Wizards. Hopefully this will work better. :cool:

5. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

No matter what he's doing (which is really stupid, by the way) don't pass your final judgment on the Rockets just yet. We beat the Raptors (with Vince Carter) on the road, the Nets (a win is a win), the Clippers (as much as all you naysayers whine, it was a violation. His body was over the line), the Bulls (a win by 30 over any team is damn impressive), and now a victory over the Suns in one of best jobs I've seen of holding off a rally by a quality team. Our squad has shown some grit in the streak, and I wouldn't be surprised if they come out of this trip with 3 wins. Just wait until it's all said and done to start calling us a playoff or lottery team.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My point wasn't that the Rockets '94 and '95 teams weren't really championship teams, just that it's easy to put a negative spin on positive outcomes. I thought that by adding the comment about ironic sarcasm to my original post would have made it clear. Sorry for the confusion.

7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

ohmygod, unfortunately i have just NOW realized how pointless your posts really are:rolleyes: no offense, i still respect you as a poster...i'm probly just gonna have to put you on my ignore list now;)

8. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Haha, A-Train, you're hilarious, and I love ta hate you :D . I'm sure I'll get flat out sick of you soon enough, but I really don't think you believe half of what you say yourself.

9. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Rudy's ineffective offense will be the killer for this team down the stretch.

10. ty185

ty185 Member

let me see...
    A two point victory against an Eastern Conference lottery team

--being able to pull out a win against someone we should win

A victory over New Jersey in which the Nets missed wide open jumpers all night and the Rockets winning only because they managed to suck less that night.

--being able to win over a superior opponent when they are not playing well

An overtime victory against the Clippers, a game the Rockets shouldn't have won anyways because of a phantom lane violation on Andre Miller

--when opportunity comes, being able to win a game which we probably don't deserve to win

A blowout win against the worst road team in the NBA, the only game of the homestand that the Rockets played halfway decent basektball on both sides of the ball

--being able to blow out someone we should blow out

A win against Phoenix in which the Rockets played possibly the worst half of basketball in NBA history

--being able to win even though we "played possibly the worst half of basketball in NBA history"!

lol. really... this fits exactly into my criteria of being a playoff team. --what else can we ask anyway? blowing out Dallas every game? :)

go go rox!

11. Alirules

Alirules Member

Beating Toronto in a heel of 4 game losing streak
    Maybe our defnse had something to do with NJ missing some shots
    Clippers beat us 5 times in a row. Some teams just have other teams number. And we were able to win it
    I don't see many people beating the Bulls by 30 every night
    We were up by 4 with about 4-5 minutes left and then wound up winning by 10. We had a bad second half but it was to be expected because we had a great 1st half and everyone in the building knew Pheonix was going to make a run.

12. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

As I stated somewhere in this thread.....we are hopeless if MoRice stops contributing.....like tonight.

Glen Rice was stuck....and missed his only shot. He can't play against that team...

And he didn't get much playing time. Larry Smith wanted to exhaust Posey.

Then Mo Taylor was not as good today. He missed all his open jumpers.

See.......we are not a playoff team. :(

Not yet....at least. :(

13. HOPE

HOPE Member

If they do make it, hopefully they will clinch at home.

14. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, 0-1...I hope nobody is suprised. The Rockets have done this all season long

12/16-12/20 - three game winning streak followed by a three game losing streak

1/11-1/17 - four game winning streak followed by a four game losing streak

Now, right after a five game winning streak, the Rockets are just following the norm...

15. Possum

Possum Member

Cant you start liking another team? :rolleyes: You would fit right in with NY Knick fans.:p You have more negative post than all the trolls who have come to this bbs in the last 5 years. :rolleyes:

16. cmellon

cmellon Member

A-Train has many oppositions, but I agree with A-Train to a certain extent. I am not dissing Rockets. I just think they are not ready yet this season.

My previous prediction is for Rockets to win against Phoenix, and they follow it up by losing the next 4/5 games on the road. Phoenix game is like our second Lakers game. Rockets kept focused up to that game. Afterwards, they felt relieved and start going downhill.

I predict 1-4 (1 win against Golden State).

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nope I'm not surprised. Now you look like a genius.

Everyone should just face the facts- the Rockets are a mediocre team. They went on a 5 game win streak. Yay. And I'm not a Jazz fan, but I can see reality.

18. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Well........Keep this thread alive!

19. efsdfdsfs

efsdfdsfs Member

You guys are hilarious. Why are the rockets always the ones who are mediocre and have to 'prove' they are a playoff team? We took the lead back from the suns and are still tied with them so please tell me how they are a playoff team and we arent even after we just beat them and took the tie breaker. Well make the playoffs and face dallas in the first round and sweep the series to redeem ourselves after the dallas season sweep.

20. efsdfdsfs

efsdfdsfs Member

and by the way this isnt a mediocre team. We have TONS of talent. Its just thier first year playing together. A mediocre team is more like the wizards