1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This still isn't a playoff team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Wow A-Train, you have the Rox ALL figured out...shhhhh! Please don't tell the rest of the league or we won't win a game the rest of the season! :rolleyes:

The sonics would be completely exhausted come the 2nd half...why do you think the Suns couldn't finish the come back?

Cmon man,you can come up with some more thoughtful bashing than this crap can't you?

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Realistically.

Houston vs. Seattle.
    Now it's Ray Allen's team. We have a better record. But...they have homecourt advantage. We have to win that one.

And then Portland!!!
    Portland hasn't been doing too well. But they have a better record. But we have Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, James Posey, Glen Rice, Eddie Griffin, Maurice Taylor, Yao Ming, Kelvin Cato, and Bostjan Nachbar!!! WE CAN DO IT!!! We have to find some way to win it. They will want to win it too. They want their homecourt advantage for the playofs.

Then Golden State or Sacramento. Well we better beat Golden State. Sacramento.....well just try our hardest.

And then we will have to be very lucky to beat the Clippers...

The best we could do is 4-1. But most likely...we will 1-4. :(

I just hope MoRice or the Wolverine Combo can continue to play great off the bench...

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Ask me again on April 17th! :p

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

These next 7 games - roadtrip, LA, SA

If we go 4-3 or even 3-4, we make the playoffs.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

So we will go 1-2 against the Sonics, Clippers, and Warriors??

Yeah, thats realistic. :rolleyes:

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Man....if we could beat the Lakers. I would rejoice. Even if we don't make the playoffs.....defeating the Lakers would be WONDERFUL.

7. rezdawg

Thats what I thought. ;)

Right now, you couldnt possibly say the Suns are more deserving that the Rockets.

8. Live

Live Member

IMHO, as hard as it is for us to admit, A-Train has a good point.

The Rocks still have a lot to prove in terms of being a legit playoff team. The encouraging thing, however, is that the Rocks are finally putting forth some consistent effort on the defensive side.

That's what makes this Pacific Coast trip so important, they have to win at least 2-3 of these games and make a definite statement about themselves.

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

These posts are almost as old as "Stevie sux" posts. We beat a more talented team last night.

10. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

A-Train unless the Rox fall apart they are a playoff team. We have in all accounts a 2 game advantage over the Suns with 17 games left. If we go 10-7, we will be in, because the Suns aren't good enough to go 12-5. You are right, we aren't a great team, but neither is any of the other last playoff hopefulls. And as bad as we have played at times, we are still better than the Suns, and Warriors.

11. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

If this is true...

Judging by oldgunrules' post, it's working pretty well so far. Keep it up A-Train!

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Rocks clearly thought this one was in the bag at the half and came out flat as a pancake in the second half. It's immaturity, plain and simple. How many times have we seen them do this??
    (don't ask me, but it seems like alot. ;))

Maybe it will finally sink in that you have to keep the intensity for TWO halves. We'll have to see. And I think Yao is ready to handle some more minutes. Give them to him. (and Cat had a great game!)

I'm not making any predictions about wins and the playoffs anymore. I'm so off it's not even funny. Since I stopped they've been winning, even if they're not always looking good doing it, so I'll wait and see.

13. rezdawg

A-Train's point was that the Rockets arent a playoff team. He never said that they arent a legit playoff team, like you are saying.

14. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

A-Train, it wasn't long ago that you predicted a Rockets 5 game win-streak. It just got delayed. Chill out dude.

15. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Good point! Even if we get 9-8, it'll still take Phx at least 11-6 to beat us, not easy man! That's why last night's win was so huge.

16. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Some of you are too sensitive to criticism of the Rockets after victories. I think A-train made some good points. Don't get caught up on the winning streak too much. I still think we are making the playoffs but don't be mislead after the victories...the Rockets still have problems they'll need to fix.

We have a tendancy to rely on other team's mistakes and bad play instead of taking it to them.

17. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Hey.......we might even get the 7th seed!!!
    W00T!

Lose Utah!!!

Lose Pheonix!!!

"We beat a more talented team last night?"

We are more talented!!!

The game was just like the games against the Mavericks. The last two games we played against the Mavs...we were winning by like 10. Not by 24. But just about 7 points or 10 points. We played like awesome. But then the 2nd half.....Dallas is just too good. They just kept on draining 3's. And they defeated us badly....

Beat Seattle!

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This IS a playoff team if they qualify.

What is happeneing is growing pains.

The Clipps game was lucky, but it was a win.

A win is a win.

DD

19. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Hmm...even if we do make the playoffs...we won't do anything. Scouts can easily analyze our offense and easily stop it. It's so predictable. I will be happy if we make the playoffs and just win once....

20. Sane

Sane Member

I was laughing all the way through your post.

NOTHING can put this mood to rest. The Rockets came through against Marbury's Suns. Yao got blocked, dunked on, and Mo Taylor played awful. As a team, we yet again had some horrible offensive performances. But we came through.

Out of the next 7, we need 3, and then we can sail home to the playoffs.

Hell, if we win 5 of the next 7, we will MOST MOST likely catch Utah, who have THE worst schedule in the ENTIRE NBA in the last 15.