1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This series is not over!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 9, 2009.

1. ibm

ibm Member

yes, we have at least 2 games left to play and maybe more.

yet many talked about rebuild already. that is an insult to the rockets. yet many talked about trade yao and go another direction. that is disrespect to yao to say the least.

a true fan will concentrate on games at hand right now and root hard for the rockets, not talk about this team's future like we just had a badly failed season.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe he's talking about the deer getting way? ;)

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I posted this in another thread before the start of the playoffs but those of you giving up on this team should listen to it again.

The Lakers are a great team and the odds are greatly against us. If we lose we still hold our team up for putting up the good fight but if we win.. This shall go down one of the greatest moments in Rockets and NBA history.

We few. We happy few. We band of brothers. For he who shall stand with me today shall be my brother.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDZVxbrW7Ow&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDZVxbrW7Ow&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Thank you, Mr. CCR. I enjoy this. I have tears right now and not ashamed to say it. :eek:

believe

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxGPaF8HRDg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxGPaF8HRDg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

believe

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yPbLzu83Ato&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yPbLzu83Ato&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

believe

5. BetterThanEver

This series is over for the Rockets. There's not going to be a 3-0 run. This isn't a Hoosiers or Mighty Ducks movie. :(

6. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

There are 4 games left in the series.

7. VanityHalfBlack

So true as much as I love my Rockets, there is no way Kobe and crew will let this one slide out of place... The Black Mamba will smell blood and go for the kill...

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't care at this point. I won't be depressed if we lose. I will be disappointed and depressed if we roll over and die.

Did the 1996 team roll over and die when we were down 3-0 to Seattle? They were killing us in every which way. Stiffling Hakeem, Clyde was limping with a twisted ankle, Cassell's elbow wasn't whole.

9. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

its great that your heart is in the right place with the Rockets. You get great respect for that but lets face it and be real this series is over. No Mac No Yao only Ron. Over :( :( :mad: :mad:

10. ibm

ibm Member

exactly.

to me some fans just don't understand the meaning of sports and being a fan.

11. oomp

oomp Member

On Saturday evening last I received from the Great Wall the mission to form a new administration. It was the evident by the will of Rowdies and the nation that this should be conceived on the broadest possible basis and that it should include all parties.
    I have already completed the most important part of this task.

A war cabinet has been formed of five members, representing, with Artest, Scola, and Battier's, the unity of the Rocket nation. It was necessary that this should be done in one single day on account of the extreme urgency and rigor of events. Other key positions have been filled. I am submitting a further list to Stern this day.

The resolution:

"That this House welcomes the formation of a team representing the united and inflexible resolve of Houston to prosecute the war with the Lakers to a victorious conclusion."

To form an administration of this scale and complexity is a serious undertaking in itself. But we are in the preliminary phase of one of the greatest battles in history. We are in action at many other points-in Dallas and in Denver -and we have to be prepared in Cleveland. The air battle is continuing, and many preparations have to be made here at home.

In this crisis I think I may be pardoned if I do not address the fans at any length today, and I hope that any of my friends and colleagues or former colleagues who are affected by the center reconstruction will make all allowances for any lack of ceremony with which it has been necessary to act.

I say to the Toyota Center as I said to fans who have joined this movement, I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many months of struggle and suffering.
    You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

Let that be realized. No survival for the Rocket Empire, no survival for all that the Rocket Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that Rocketkind shall move forward toward their goal.

I take up my task in buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. I feel entitled at this juncture, at this time, to claim the aid of all and to say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

Blood, Sweat and Tears speech by Sir Winston Churchill
    May 13th 1940 (remixed by oomp 2009)

12. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

I wouldn't say they are better but I do believe they still have a damn good chance of winning this thing. I mean it's not like they were able to get the ball in to Yao effectively throughout the series. If anything, I think this cuts down on our TOs and speeds the game up some. War Rockets, let's leave it all on the court.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

who cares? I'm happy to be a fan of a bunch of guys who put everything out there - hustle, heart, emotion, glory....i don't care about the rest.

What more can one ask from these guys? I will be very happy to have that.

14. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

if u really believe in rockets, please believe that the game is not over ,we also have two games to play ,maybe our guys can make some miracle with their efforts and teamwork with the aim of beating LA.amazing happens here, rockets has suffered a lot trouble this season,which cannot prevent this team's moving forword, this team has become so tough that they have the ability to fight against fakers with their best!

15. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MadMax
    it was only relevant the year AFTER they won a championship. that's when it made sense. it makes no sense applied to this particular team.

none of these guys have ever won an nba championship before. at best we can say, "don't ever underestimate a team that just made it out of the first round of the playoffs!"

That right there is about as depressing as it gets...

Rah.

Not true..

remember, Brent has a NBA championship with the Spurs. So when they say dont underestimated a heart of a champion, they are referring to Brent Barry :)

16. Strato

Strato Member

If anybody who has followed this team thinks we lay down is frikin CRAZY!...WE WILL FIGHT TILL THE BITTER ...U CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!

17. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

18. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

The Rockets have to fight and not give up. They have to rethink on what they are going to do without Yao. If we win this game, we still in the running. And are still putting up a fight.
    GO ROCKETS!

19. BetterThanEver

If you think Houston can pull out Game 7 in LA, then send me some of the good stuff you are smoking. I am going to need it, after the Rockets lose. :D

20. Fijiman

Fijiman Member

The idea was to surround our superstars with a bunch of pit bulls. And now we're down to just the pit bulls...

Except they're no longer just guard dogs. Now their leashes are gone and they've become a pack...

They can run.

They can roam.

They can hunt.

And the scariest part is now they'll be led by one of their own...