1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This series is not over!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 9, 2009.

1. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Now it's time to take Ron off the chain and let him rip Kobe to shreds. If we can't win it all, I don't want him to.

2. willb

willb Member

pass some of that mary jane to me as well.

3. clutch11

clutch11 Member

Yeah, agree with you. It will be very interesting if Houston advances to WCF. :D

No Yao, No Problem.

4. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Member

Lose T-Mac = Get out of the 1st Round
    Lose Yao = Get out of the 2nd Round
    Lose Artest = Get out of the WCF
    Lose Battier = NBA Champs

Yeah right.

5. waihh

waihh Member

To be frank, I was about to initiate a thread just about five minutes ago with the same title. For crying out loud, THIS SERIES IS NOT OVER YET!!!!!!!!!!

It is not the time to count us out yet. It is only 2:1 on paper. It is LA got the HCA again, which they originally had. We, fans, players, coaches, local media do not need to behave like we lost already the series.

We did not have an answer to Kobe, let's admit it but that was the first three games. We have not tried enough of Artest, Wafer, or even Hayes (You can say that I am dreaming, but what did you say when RyBo gave Dirk nightmares a few season ago?). Ok, we may have to play without Yao, but it's not like Yao played like an MVP or anything close to it especially in the offseason. I do not think that JVG is superior than RA, but I like what JVG said repeatedly while he was here "we have got enough to win". Remember! This is NBA, where Beat LA happens!

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I thought we had a chance, albeit a somewhat small one, to win the series with Yao. We are a hardworking team that plays above our talent level. And nonetheless, I want to believe that we can win a few more games, maybe take the Lakers to 7.

But let's honestly face it. Even if by some incredible godly miracle we make it past the Lakers, I really absolutely do not see us winning it all. It's literally impossible given that our undersizedness is a huge detriment on the defensive end, but noticeably rebounds. Rebounds were a mammoth issue when we had to face the Lakers lineup without Yao, and without ANY legit 7 footers on our roster now, no matter how well we play, it won't matter if we can't keep them off the boards.

I would be pleasantly surprised if the Rockets can completely prove me wrong. But this is such a huge blow to our team in many ways including morale. We have to at least accept reality.

7. clutch11

clutch11 Member

Lose T-Mac = in playoff
    Lose Deke = Get out of the 1st Round
    Lose Yao = Get out of the 2nd Round

more to come....... :D

8. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

I have to say it is over, Yao is not only Rox's offensive asset but also interior defensive backbone, losing him against Lakers, we got no chance.
    Fortunately Yao did not break down during the first round, at least we are not second round virgin anymore. :D
    Let the Rox bring their best next yr. Bring back the champion!
    I still believe.

9. clutch11

clutch11 Member

If you shoot 100 three-pointers in a game and hit around 40%, you got 120 points, just enough to beat LA.

10. blender

blender Member

The rest of this series is either going to be extremely entertaining or extremely painful. No in-between.

11. Marslink

Marslink New Member

after yao's injury.........it's over

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

It's over. Stop your denial.

13. SeeingRocketRed

Surrender? We Have Not Yet Begun To Fight.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer Rockets fan and the sunshine Red Rowdy will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their team and their city; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. The Lakers, like hell, are not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as an NBA Championship should not be highly rated. The NBA, with an army of referees to enforce her tyranny, has declared that the Lakers have a right (not only to beat us) but "to ELBOW US IN ALL CASES WHATSOEVER" and if being bound in that manner is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God. And not Kobe.

So saddle up m*ther-*****ers, it's time to get courageous. It's time to fight when prudence says retreat. It's time to get behind our team and support our city.

If 300 had not stood against 100,000 at Thermopolye, there would be no Greece. If 187 had not died in the Alamo, there would be no Houston. The name Houston itself would mean nothing to us. Without Choke City, there would be no Clutch City.

The Lakers have fought. The Rockets will answer. Yao-less, Tracy-less, Dikembe-less, to win this game and perhaps this series will go down in the epic tales forever told of games long-past. Is it possible we will lose? Certainly. But I for one, will be there tomorrow. I will wear red. I will loudly proclaim that Houston has heart, plays physical, and doesn't back down from anything or anybody. And I will remain until the final buzzer sounds and all zeroes are upon the clock.

Houston fans, now is not the time to fail your team. Now is the time to carry your team to victory in Game 4.

Believe.

4 people like this.
  14. Patience

Patience Member

It'll be over after the Lakers win two more games. Until then I will cheer for the Rockets.

15. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

hope '09

it's going to be amazing (and not surprising) when we win 4-2

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

This team does not quit.

I gaurantee Chuck Hayes will be all over the floor, diving for loose balls and grabbing rebounds left and right.

If anything, I think we have the advantage now. Rockets in 7.

17. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

yep im a realist...

so we'll probably win the next 11 games

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

actually its just going to be entertaining still its Rockets basketball

one thing I learnt after the 05-06 season is that while I am emotionally invested in the game as the game is happening i will never let it carry it over after the game...after a W or L (the only time i let it happen was when he got past the first round this season that was understandable)

the season is not over yet technically but either way I am just going to be proud of this team if they go out there any just compete like they did back in 05-06.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I love u sweet Lou and I'm down for the cause. Let's shock the world and send it back to LA 2-2. Let's give thema our best shot. I don't like Hayes starting because of his lack of O putting us in 4 on 5 on offense. We already struggle with Yao, image without him. May need to start Landry and get Joey some minutes. Can't hurt.

20. NateNate

NateNate Member

o man. Give me a sorry team but dont beak my heart every year with this crap!