1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

This Season "The Curse of Melo" (#anotherMelothread, but not what you think)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FANfrom86toNow, Nov 29, 2018.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

I will show myself out

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  2. THEGLIDEc

THEGLIDEc Member

When you say "Yes, the players play the game, but the coaches and management have to set them up properly to do it", I agree, but I focus more on the part "players play the game". At the end of the day, players have to play. Yes, they need to be set up for success but they need to go get it. I don't necessarily think management did the best they could've either, but they've done enough for me to earn the benefit of the doubt - Harden, CP3, developing Capela (and signing to a reasonable deal)

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

b-b-b-b-buuut melo is bringing the team down.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  4. farhen

farhen Member

damn that guy a.k.a hawks legend, he put a curse on this team

ramotadab likes this.
  5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Would have been nice to have a Melo on your team last night when you only scored 9 points in the fourth and 29 in the second half. But Clark and Ennis are better options right?

6. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I really thought with JeffB coming back, that they defense would drastically improve. So far I haven't seen that. Maybe it really does take a full training camp and elite players to make JeffB's defense top 5 again.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If this has already been posted here somewhere I’m sad I missed it.

8. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

I disagree with the thought of CP is not giving his max because of the Melo situation. CP is a professional and knows better. The FA contract the team gave him should be good enough to see the commitment the team has made to him.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...ba-season-and-what-hasnt-surprised-us-at-all/

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How did I miss this fun thread? MeloOFs are comparable to LOFs in many ways. "He is not doing well because so and so are doing him dirty."