1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This Ryan Anderson/PJ Tucker PF tandem is destroying us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Giant9erRocket, Dec 29, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

More maybe this maybe that. What else are you going to say might happen.

2. basketballholic

Tucker would look great at the 4 alongside DeMarcus, or LMM, or Ariza.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Now that Green is staying the rest of the year, look forward to Anderson and Tucker's minutes shrinking once Luc comes back.

4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Tucker is fat and needs to lose weight. I don't what the hell made this guy come into the season 10 pounds heavier, after already gaining weight what seemed like yearly since 2015.

His mobility is shot and it hurts him on both ends of the court. As you get older and lose natural athleticism, you should shed weight like LeBron did when he left Miami to keep some quickness.

D-rock and Matt78777 like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

..........................................................sure, why not?

justtxyank likes this.
  6. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Agreed, not sure why no one in rockets organization has commented on this. Perhaps he gained weight over the summer because he didn't want to hurt himself working out as a free agent. Surely he didn't gain it on purpose to be a better player... He had a few good games early on, but seems like he's now seen the downside of playing at such a heavy weight. It just wears on you. Hell, it wears on me to carry an extra ten pounds and all I do is work at a desk.

7. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Maybe more facts:

PJ Tucker stats last night GSW loss

22 minutes
    0-2 FG
    0-2 3PT
    1 Rebound
    0 Assists
    1 Block
    0 Steals
    0 Points

PJ Tucker stats the night we won by 18 points against Orlando

25 minutes
    0-0 FG
    5 Rebounds
    0 Assists
    0 Block
    0 Steal
    2 Personal Fouls
    0 Points
    -6 PER (Worst PER on team. How the hell do you have a -6 when you win by 18 points?)

How can anyone justify this signing? He is turning out to be the next Corey Brewer/Jeremy Lin contract where it will take a first to get rid of him.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I realize that Tucker's shooting will be up and down. Fine, is what it is. But he better damn well rebound the ball. That is just skill, position and energy.

As for Anderson, he is supposed to do two things: 1) Space the floor hitting threes 2) Space the floor via gravity. He isn't doing either if he is shooting poorly and isn't on the floor because he is a liability.

Yeah, the PF position has been brutal this year. Getting Luc back will at least give them another option.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Mr. Space City

he's probably put on weight because they've been playing him so much at PF / C.

when you're 6-5 your gonna have to be a lil thicc to bang down low with real PF's and C's

10. Giant9erRocket

Anderson with a -24 tonight. Dude is the worst starting PF in the league.

bilaal14 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh no more where to be found once again. how was the game against gs. tells us all what happened

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You cant love on a guy after 1 good game. You cant hate on him after 1 bad game. PJT has been in a long funk on both ends for whatever reason. He had the opportunity to step up big with Mbah a Moute out, but never did.

D-rock likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you hold him to a standard of a star then your expectations would be that high. PJ isn't. he was brought here for his intangibles primarily.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This why Clutchfans.net gets so unnecessarily salty. Players like Ryno, Luc, Ariza, PJ even EGO aren't stars and shouldn't have those expectations. When any of those guys have bad games I really don't care; they won't be the reason the Rockets lose on any given night.

Harden and CP3 (and maybe Clint now) are they players I get angry at if they don't show up. With out them, Rockets don't win period.

YOLO likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think Tucker is ok. He's not going to be great every game and will have spurts of no contribution.

But Anderson is getting insane. He took 3 shots ... in 30 minutes. To his credit, he showed up in other ways, though was still -2 in an 8 point win.

If we're "stuck" with him, I hope he continues this style of play. Shoot less, do more elsewhere. Hopefully the shot eventually comes around.

I'd certainly be interested in a deeper statistical dive... but doesn't seem like the Rockets offense has suffered a ton with Anderson suffering a ton. It's been more the defensive problem. Maybe that's because although he's been off, he still commands respect as a deep 3 shooter, so the floor is still spaced?

I know he's a horrible 3 point shooter and a bit of a head case, but if I could find a way to add Julius Randle for Ryno (3 team trade required), I'd do that. Rnadle would basically give you what Anderson gave you last game... and it seemed to work.

But again, maybe the spacing then goes away??

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tucker may suck some games but at least he has heart and never gives up. his effort is always 100. is he the corey brewer of our team this year?

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

T H I C C stat.

D-rock and bilaal14 like this.
  18. Giant9erRocket

You hold players to a standard of what we are paying them - not a star. Are you really that dumb or what?

More facts since you obviously cannot handle it.

PJ Tucker's last 5 games.

29 minutes per game
    .371 FG%
    .308 3PT FG%
    7.2 Rebounds
    0.6 Assists per game
    0.2 Blocks per game
    0.8 Steals per game
    3.2 Fouls per game
    1 Turnover per game
    6 Points per game

But wait there's more... 3 weeks ago in this same thread he was ranked #311 in PER out of 343 as of today he ranks #320 out of 339. He dropped 9 levels even with his "monster" game against GSW. We are paying $8-$9m for this productivity and that is sad.

Keep trying to make PJ look like a god and i'll continue to show that he is a low-ranking/fringe player.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

no you dont hold players to a standard of what you are paying them. You hold them to the standard of what they are being signed here to do. people like you judge a players performance completely wrong. sounds like you're the dumb one bc you dont understand anything besides what you see in a espn box score. thats all the basketball iq you can probably handle which a little kid can even read

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Sincerely,

The Golden State Warriors

YOLO likes this.