1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This LOF vs.LOH stuff is destroying Clutchfans.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by lid1013, Apr 24, 2013.

1. lid1013

lid1013 Member

I've been lurking around Clutchfans for a few years now as evidenced by my join date. The Rockets are my secondary team and I enjoyed reading the posts here but never felt the urge to post until now, because I think its unfortunate what has happened because of Lin.

I understand the Lin fans passion and dedication to Jeremy Lin but it almost seems like they view him as some idol who can do no wrong. Same goes for his critics who thinks he can only do wrong and that he belongs in the d-league. It is these two extreme perspectives about Lin that has caused a rift in Cluthfans.

I mean I've seen posts by people who praise a good play by him only for him to be labeled a LOf and vice versa. You can't even criticize an aspect of his game without being called a LOH. I mean come on, It's the first time in years this team has reached the playoffs and has had any real success and they are the youngest team in the league.

Every player has had his ups in downs this season and that's including Harden. All I'm trying to ask is why can't there just be some unity here? Every other teams fanbases are so united and are rallying for there teams while here we are bashing each other for differences of opinion on Lin. I am a fan of Lin and wish for him to succeed and he's shown at times in the season that he does have a lot of upside but it's up to him to work hard and fix the holes in his game and there are many.'

To the LOF's please realize that Jeremy Lin is a young player with potential but is still very raw. Criticism is is not the same as blatant hate and people might actually start to root for Lin if they were not so annoyed by you.

To the LOH's why would you bash a player like Jeremy who is humble,team oriented, and plays with heart just because you dislike his fan base? He is the underdog who achieved what every one of us probably fantasized about as kids. He is the underdog kid in the sports movie who rises up at the end. How can you possibly hate on him? Especially when he is on your own team?

You guys should be proud you have a young core of guys that will only get better in the years to come and bring the organization a lot of success. So many fans out there have to see their team go to the lottery year after year but they don't take their player and team for granted, they stick by their team through thick and thin and here we have a team who has impressively over achieved but they have a fan base that can't get along because of a player they should be happy to have.

Anyway sorry for the rant. It was a long post but I wanted to get it off my chest. Lin has shown a lot in just his first year as a starter he is a hard worker and he will be fine. LOF's and LOH's need to stop with the nonsense and treat Lin just like every other player on the team.

5 people like this.
  2. HL3

HL3 Member

Nicely said.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hate threads nitpicking decisions after a win or crying about fairness when it comes to minutes...or even the quality of those minutes. McHale is a flawed coach, but he's not picking on someone just because he's some mean b*stard. All of the Rockets starting smalls are playing above the league average for starters.

It would be nice to avoid labels, but this kind of problem will only be resolved over time since a majority of the more vocal posters seem to have never seen 2 full seasons of the same team or even the league before.

4. pass_to_Hakeem

5. pass_to_Hakeem

never lurk ...

6. kastuul

kastuul Member

The reason is Lin's over-exposure, not his salary.

Salary is GM and owner's decision.
    Lin is not the player who is lazy after getting a big contract.

Being the face of franchise, GQ magazine, interviewed by many media, he co-operate with the medias. Un/intentionally he makes people believe he is a star/soon to be a star .

Similar to Tim Tebow, he likes to share his faith with NBA platform, which must bring fans and haters for non-basketball reasons, not to mention he is the only Asian in NBA.

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

What a great way to reply to a nice OP.

Quit the hate, post in those threads, argue with them, stop the tantrums, it's annoying and destroying Clutchfans.

Why are you so certain? Is that really a fact? He waived him once.

8. SK34

SK34 Member

"I am a fan of Lin"

LOF!

Jk, the hate and the love will not go away until either Lin does play like a star or gets traded and that's the reality. Lofs will never say bad things about Lin or knock his game and LoH will always attack Lofs to annoy them.

9. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

this forum has turned to complete ****

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You just literally proved what he said.

Rocket fans who have been here before Jeremy Lin knows why Lin was waived, in fact had certain circumstances not occurred Jeremy Lin would have never been a Knick.

11. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Lin and LOFs are one of the greatest thing that could happened to clutchfans....seriously...

[​IMG]

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you guys understand this:

Clutch City > Linsanity

Thank you.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Funny

I thought Murray cut him, but if you're making McHale a dictator, then he's the same mean b*stard that brought him back and assembled one of the youngest teams to make the playoffs.

So I guess McMeany forgave Lin at some point for resigning him. You should do the same for Kevin. Do it for Jeremy.

Logic hurts.

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

No, Linsanity > Clutch City...
    [​IMG]

15. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I'm a Lin fan and Lin played like a scared little kid and it ain't the first time. His dumb turnovers were ridiculous and it contributed hugely to our loss even if we tied it after. And that ain't the first time either. Lins been average, played some terrible games but had some brilliant games. Lins shooting still needs work. Lin needs to work on handling pressure better. Lin needs to be more aggressive. Lin really needs to work on fighting through picks and stopping penetration. He needs to stop over helping.

Who are these Lin fans who don't see Lins weaknesses for the life of them?

But even with all that, I see a dynamic unselfish super quick point guard who's getting better all the time and has a lot of promise. I think he can reach all star status in a few years.. but maybe not. Can I have this opinion? Or am I delusional?

I agree though that blaming Harden, Bev, etc is r****ded. I hate those posts as well. When it comes to McHale... Not so much.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The GM waived him to clear a spot for Dalembert as the other 3 point guards all had guaranteed contracts, nothing to do with Mchale at all.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There are a ****load of LOF's, 1 LOH, and a ton of people who are annoyed by LOF's

The issue isn't Lin, the issue is a bunch of his fans are mouth breathers, just like Tebow mania (and Lin's brother isn't even a dip**** who makes it worse either), and that Westboro Baptist Church isn't some God's fault.

Take that as you wish.

18. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I think you have misunderstood what I said. I meant McHale waived him once so his ego might compensate and/or is biased. I didn't mean he waived him therefore he is not liked.

20. obiwan15

obiwan15 Member

Cleverly disguised LOF thread
    Real rockets fans want Lin to play terribly and get rid of him and his fans

1 person likes this.