1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This last week has been good for us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Apr 11, 2015.

1. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I really feel like this last week has been good for us in terms of the playoffs... those last two games were like game 1 and game 2 of last years playoffs. I am really confident in us getting out of the first round this year.

I still like how we match up with the Spurs Grizzlies and Blazers maybe in reverse order... but I really believe it is easier to win one of the first two on the road and then defend home court. Winning the first two at home is damn near impossible against any team in the West. I really believe the the only team to go up 2-0 in the playoffs will be GSW.

Lets go Rockets! I still believe we can make it to the second round and then who knows what happens

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This last week really shows why Harden is the real MVP.

3. boiler

boiler Member

So if they've beat the heck out of Spurs in those two games, it would've been a bad week and there would be no chance to make it to the second round?

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

This last week shows they are who they are - a team that can not hit free throws or prevent turnovers. Let's see what
    Happens in the playoffs when harden doesn't go to the line 15/20 times. Oh wait that happened tonight with his 6 attempts. They aren't an easy first round pass as you think

5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I thought some writer had tweeted about pop saying the hackasmith was to get the ball out of harden's hand. You still know which tweet that was?

6. sergio

sergio Member

Home team has more pressure than road team in first two games. Rockets crack under pressure. I think play more focused on the road this season and can steal one or two on the road in the first round. will gain momentum and confidence if the go up to second round.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Lemonade out of lemons and all that, but I don't see how getting blown out in SA and narrowly losing at home gives us confidence against a team we might realistically see in the playoffs. Not every team has a coach Popovich, but he definitely exposed a major weakness of our team with the hacks.

I've no doubt we can be competitive, but we need to get our crap together.

8. seeingred

seeingred Member

it doesn't bode well for us - i agree. The only good thing that could possibly come out of it is that it serves as a wake up call to the team and McHale. They won't be waltzing in with the 2nd seed, patting themselves on the back, only to get smacked in the mouth. They just played 2 important games with a "Playoff Atmosphere" and lost, one embarassingly so.

There's a great chance that these losses not only cost us home court advantage but also lost Harden his MVP. The case certainly is stronger if we're 2nd in the West and not 5th/6th. So maybe they'll take a look at the poor defensive rotations, *****ty free throw shooting, stagnant offense, and the abysmal turnovers that have plagued us all season.

or maybe not, i dunno.

9. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

There was nothing good we can take out of the last two games. If anything it shows that the narratives still hold true.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This last week shows that when the pressure turns up coming close to playoff time, thi team will crumble and inevitably collapse

3rd end of season collapse with McHale in charge

Never good heading to the playoffs

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

And once again I'm saying just like I said after the other two late season collapses... let's see if Mchale and this team learns from these collapses going into the playoffs.

12. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Skip Bayless

13. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

My bad, Skip only tweeted that he didn't agree with the hacking and he thought Harden was fouled at the end. I saw the quote you were referring to as well. Can't recall who tweeted it.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Who knows how things will play out, but all things being equal, I much prefer crushing back-to-back losses in the regular season than in the playoffs. If Rockets history is any indication, regular season head-to-head performance is not necessarily indicative of what will happen in the playoffs (see 1995 against Spurs, for example). I, for one, would rather wait and see how things turn out in the playoffs before preemptively declaring the season a failure in April.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Losing to the Spurs is not collapse
    All things considered

Rocket River

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Losing any more games would be a collapse

Rocket River

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Asinine post by that dude. Rockets would be 10-3 in the last 13 if we win out.

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

“@calvinwatkins: Greg Popovich on Hack a Josh: "Absolutely (it worked). I'd trade it any day rather than have James Harden with the basketball."”

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree that those were two playoff intensity games. It showed we are ready. We just need a 35mpg Howard rather than a 22mpg Howardd that the Spurs saw. Spurs don't win either games with a full Howard, who will be ready Game 1.

No way Baynes gets that many rebounds against Howard.

20. Pocket Rockets

And yet the team falls from 2nd to 6th in the west.