1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This just in, Richard Jefferson is an idiot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coyotetex, Aug 22, 2020.

1. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Sorry - but felt a burning need to point out what a moron Richard Jefferson is.

Half time analysis during game three:

Jefferson - "3 of 19 on 3 point shooting over the past two games isn't going to cut it from Harden"

Harden - 9 of 18 from the field, 24 pts, 2 STL, 3 AST, 4 DRBs and team is +9 with him on the floor. Efficient shooting, leading all scorers, a positive factor in every facet of the game and his team is up 6.

If Lebron had that line, Jefferson would be putting on kneepads.

If Harden went 20 for 20 from three and scored 100, Jefferson would be throwing shade at Harden's beard hygiene.

What an idiot.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You know what , its ok . The level of this BS is helping me stop my hot take addiction. IDGAF what any talking head has to say about this game or this team. I can see with my own eyes and ive been watching the game long enough to know what im seeing.

topfive, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't think it was bad analysis. Do you disagree? Do you think this team will go all the way with Harden shooting 15% from 3? 24 points on 9/18 shooting and 5/7 on free throws isn't great efficiency, worse than Hardens usual.

tmacman, Mr. Space City and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I didn’t listen to the halftime show, but I agree that 3-19 from 3 won’t cut it...it’s not much of a problem against OKC, but against better competition it won’t cut it

harold bingo and RedRedemption like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Honestly, that's a solid take. 3/19 isn't going to cut it from anyone, much less the best offensive player in the game.

tmacman, harold bingo and hakeem94 like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

He seems to be talking out of both sides of mouth then.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

playoffs harden, not sure if he had one post season in his career shooting well from 3pt range

8. Mr. Space City

If the Rockets are going to win a championship it's gonna come from Harden having a great 3 point shooting playoff run.

Harden's 3 point shooting in the playoffs has not historically been good. and is what fuels his negative reputation in the playoffs.

In the 7 playoff runs Harden has had as a Rocket, he's only shoot over 35% from 3 2/7 times and shot under 30% 3/7 times.

Those numbers are just not gonna cut it, especially since it's a big part of his offensive game since he focuses only on layups, stepback 3's, and free throws.

9. tmacman

tmacman Member

Time to take off the Harden beard (shades) bruh. He’s right. He’ll get away with it this round but any round moving forward he won’t, we will lose, and he will be dogged for his playoff failures yet again.

All those numbers you threw out just think how much better and more efficient they would look if he was say 3/10 instead of 3/19.

Harden still has to learn that when the 3 is not falling stop shooting it. Every one of those misses is a potential transition basket for the other team ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

This is why Russ will be so crucial in the later rounds. He knows when to just put his head down and force the issue going to the basket.