1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why you never root for dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XIrocket, Jun 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

2. Dei

Dei Member

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Typical from Dallas. I like the comment 'padding their trophy case..' They have 1 trophy.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If that guy really did represent most Dallas fans, I think I'd have to quit liking the Cowboys.

Congrats on your little victory mavpricks... can't wait to sweep you next chance we get.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A lot of people here are soft and/or opposed to rivalries.

Not me, I'm glad they beat the Heat but Dallas can continue sucking it.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What in the.. hell? Have you ever interacted with a Cowboys fan before? How can you have a leg to stand on against Dallas when you're a fan of their prissy cowgirl "America's team"?

7. ILoveTheRockets

Lost all credibility when took shots at Katrina Victims... WHAT A DOUCHE BAG. No wonder people HATE Dallas. Lmfao, then wants to claim..." O each city just wants to pound their chest." Exactly what the entire article is about, this d-bag pounding his chest.

Mavs fans....holler at me in 40 years. How much time will be needed for Dallas to win another title.

And I was rooting for the Mavs in the Finals. To bad this jackass just made me remember why I always hated dallas. The snot-noses bratty ass attitudes

/rant

1 person likes this.
  8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Check my signature for an idea of how I'll react to a pompous Dallas fan flaunting their one championship this millennium in our faces.

Anyway, despite whatever Dallas 'haters' he encountered along the way, I hope whatever incredibly amateur blogger this is realizes they do NOT represent the collective. Everybody outside of Miami was rooting for Dallas and they won -- congrats.

But don't let it get to your head.

9. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I'm from Texas so I root for Texas teams. I hate the Mavs but I am all for anything that helps Texas economy.

10. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Geez, what an arrogant prick. Why does he have to throw Katrina refugees into the mix? I live in Dallas and the reason I hate Dallas teams so much is because they have the biggest band wagon fans ever. Most cities have bandwagon fans but I would like to hear this guys response, when asked "Name 5 Dallas Mavericks players from the early 90's and Jason Kidd doesn't count". I was about 10 years old then and I remember more about the Mavericks when they sucked than any native Dallas "fans". Ask a Maverick "fan" if they know who Roy Tarpley is or Rolando Blackmon. They will laugh at you and say that is not a real name is it?.

These "fans" didn't know Dallas had a basketball team until 2001 when they had a love fest with Steve Nash and became a playoff team. They are late to the party as far as NBA basketball goes and think they have all the answers when it comes to the NBA.

The exact same story with the Rangers. I have seen this first hand since I have been here since 2006 watching empty baseball games in the hottest place on earth with 15,000 other people.

It does remind me of the Texas/Texas A&M rivalry in that about 50% of the people that wear the Longhorns gear don't even know how to spell Texas and can't even sniff out either school or find them on a map. You see a ton of decals and gear the weeks after Texas won the National Championship but where is that decal and fancy new gear now? Stashed with their cowboys gear and their claw and antler homo shirts with their first Maverick's T-shirt purchase front and center for all to see.

I go to several sporting events a year in Dallas when Houston teams play them. I have never seen a Dallas "fan" outside of this city unless they are wearing Cowboys stuff. I am sure that is about to change now that they aren't ashamed of the Mavericks. At the games I go to they look at the opponent's fans and immediately get their guard up or talk trash like they are shocked to see another team's fans at their sporting event. I'd like to see them make the trek from Dallas to Houston just to cheer on their favorite NBA team or MLB team. A group of Red Rowdy fans were told to "sit down and be quiet" at a preseason game this year or they would be thrown out. How dare these true fans come into our arena and show favoritism to the other team? It was incredibly lame that they actually had the security guard come and speak to them in an NBA arena to be quiet. I have never seen such a thing before.

Really, what it boils down to is arrogant pricks like this guy who make us hate Dallas. I am sure he makes about $40,000 a year and rides around in an Escalade jamming 2Pac. Certain players on the teams are easy to root for but I just can't bring myself to do it because I picture this guy after a Dallas win and see Mark Cuban's ****-eating grin which encompasses all of Dallas.

I am pretty confident I summed this up for every Houstonian annoyed with this crap. Let me know if I forgot something.

3 people like this.
  11. ThaShark316_28

This post is supposed to make me hate folks from Dallas? Man look...I hate oklahoma...I could give a damn about them folks.

12. aball1991

aball1991 Member

This is why I was stunned when some of my friends thought it wasn't that bad if Dallas won a championship...eff this guy.

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Completely agree.

Only thing good about Dallas is their cheerleaders (Cowboys, Stars & Mavs).

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Same. I'm glad the Heat lost, I'm glad Kidd and Dirk got rings, but I wouldn't object to seeing Dallas go 0-82 every year for the next century.

15. JonnyFlynn

JonnyFlynn Member

I wanted Dallas to win because I liked dirk but really he says he unbiased and look at all that biased hate he's writing, tha hypocrite!

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

repped.

17. HookemHorns1250

Eh, I wouldn't read much into it. I'm not going to pretend to be a supporter of Dallas, but I wouldn't judge them by one fan's article, if you can even call it that.

I was happy, and still am thrilled that Dallas upset the Heat. Not sure where he's getting all of this "OMG everyone from Houston was pulling against us." Seems there were quite a few on CF pulling for the Mavs to win that series.

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Who cares what third rate articles from a random site says.

It was horribly written from a wrapped perspective.

I'll still root for the Texas team.

19. Valio!

Valio! Member

What is this "Dallas" everyone is talking about?

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'll root for San Antonio, but never for the Dallas Fagericks.
    San Antonio is a pretty classy team, with a respectable Head Coach and two main stars. Duncan and Parker. (Manu is a prick)

Dallas sucks. No history, all bandwagon fans, and a big clumsy giant who only started to get respect this year, because he didn't choke as badly as he did before. And obviously, their fans are douchebags.

Dallas Mavericks are the most inferior team in Texas. Move those sorry sacks to San Diego.