1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why Morey didn’t pay House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 7, 2019.

1. mockster

mockster Member

House has played terrible this series and now completely absent. Don’t get me wrong I hope house can turn it around and years to come evolve into a better player but this is exactly why morey didn’t reach into houses ridiculous demands when he’s not even s proven player. I was attacked on these forums because I said he needs to prove himself in the playoffs before he goes asking for a nice deal. Now he’s doing exactly what I thought would happen. Just a month ago cfers would have you convinced house is an all star.

I’m just glad morey made the right decision, but nonetheless I still hope house can turn it around we really could’ve used his skill set in this series

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i bet you any money hell be useful in other series after we defeat golden state worriers

Voltik, Tfor3 and smp like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

didn't pringles say he has an injured foot and that's why he hasn't played since game 2? something about hurting it in practice?

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You don't pay House because you think he is great now .

You pay him to keep a relatively good youngish player who fits well locked up

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If Shumpert can get some run maybe House will see a few minutes. We could use his skill set if he can stop the bone head plays.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

MDA has already stated that house isn't in the rotation this series head of shump. the foot "injury" is nothing more than a scapegoat excuse.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I expected more, but I don’t think it’s fair that I did. Playoff basketball is a whole other animal and this is DH first go at it.

Gonna be tough to find minutes moving forward, but hoping if he gets some time he produces. House is more than capable of coming through.

LUK3 likes this.
  8. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised thread to pat yourself on the back and say “I told you so.”

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

We are in the middle of a hard fought playoff series against one of the better teams in recent history, right now is not the time to start talking about something that has divided the GARM for half the season. We need to UNITE together as Rockets faithful and send good karma to ALL our players!

There will be plenty of time in the off season to talk about our different views and opinions on the matter. This is a good topic OP, but we should wait till after we finish the season.

Go Rockets !!!

10. YaoMingsSoulja

The incessant love for House on this board was definitely over the top. Just shows how stupid people are. I think House can turn into a good player if he works on his game tho, but the kid is a rookie and I didn't expect him to be a factor in the playoffs.

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

much too late for this.

this isn't the first thread that has a divided view. this probably isn't even the worse of the bunch. half the board didn't even think the rockets would tie the series up.

crimsonghost likes this.
  12. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

If he wasn't injured I think he'd be productive

LosPollosHermanos and MiddleMan like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sure, but you pay him accordingly. You don't just give him whatever his agent wants.

Also, it's a 2-way street. A relatively good youngish player finally finds a situation where he fits well enough and has played well enough to stay at the NBA level for a while, rather than go back to G-League ball, he takes that first guaranteed contract and makes good on it.

If House had signed that contract Morey offered him, he'd have a couple more years in the NBA guaranteed, at more money than he's ever seen before. Now who knows what's going to happen to his career at this point? He's no lock to be playing in the NBA next fall.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's still possible House gets an offer slightly higher than what the Rockets wanted to pay him a few months ago. But he's not getting MLE money or even 3-4 mil/yr this summer. There are too many free agents he's competing with and not enough dollars to go around.

I do think if the Rockets advance, he'll get a shot against the Nuggets or Blazers. I still maintain he played well against the Jazz at home. It's on the road where he's really sucked in the postseason.

Voltik likes this.
  15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

House is such a good shooter he can get hot like Green. I’d rather have him out their.

GotGame15 likes this.
  16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i just want to win. i dont think shump played well at all game 4, but we still won so whatever.... i still dont like when he shoots anything other than an open spot up 3, and the fact he is still struggling with the defensive scheme. i feel house would play a lot better if given another chance, but for now just keep it same.

17. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I explained this in a thread that got mocked. The Rockets are not going to pay House, or Faried, or Rivers. They cleared all the cap space this season to get a third star. They might offer Faried or Rivers the MLE after they sign someone else. They Rockets and Warriors have proven that you can pick up role players off the scrap head. You have to gamble for 3 stars and 2 or 3 solid rotations players. Its not about luxury tax saving this season. Its about being able to pay someone next season.

18. JW86

JW86 Member

Let him get healthy, him, Faried and Nene will all get minutes in the next series.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this house circle jerk is stupid. he's new to the league. he sucks in the po's but its his first one. chill out. if the plan was to have an inexperienced young guy to be the main scorer off the bench then your plan sucks. lucky rivers is going off. green should get more burn too.

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

I was in agreement with not overpaying a developmental league player with such an unproven resume. i do like House, but I was always on record as saying that he made a mistake turning down a guaranteed contract like that. I felt that is what you've worked for. How do you not take it? That said, I don't want to be "right". I would honestly prefer that he ball out and he play a large role in helping us win a championship. I want him to price himself out of Houston. It would totally be worth it in my opinion. Knock down 3 point shooting, rebounding, and solid switching defense. Doesn't seem likely at the moment that we will see this version of House, but him being out of the rotation because of his poor play in favor of a guy who completely stunk it up for us in the regular season (Shump) makes me feel less optimistic about our chances. We are so much better when House is playing well. Now he is on a milk carton

Voltik and topfive like this.