1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why i wish blacks would stop talking about racism so much

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Good one. Very original.

mick fry likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The pledge in and of itself and this girl protesting it are different discussions unless she is protesting it because of the criticism you're stating.

That being said, what fo you think the citizenship naturalization oath

(Oath)"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."(oath)

Per uscis.gov

jcf likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The citizenship oath is an oath related to citizenship. It is something that people wishing to be citizens do voluntarily. They aren't forced to do it daily.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So people cant want to live here without being required to say that oath. That oath is more detailed than the pledge.

Hispanics come here for jobs not to be loyal to the military

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

One of those American values to respect is our freedom of speech. How are you going to teach a kid to cherish that freedom while denying it to her?

This isn't a black thing, it's an American thing. I haven't said the pledge since middle school. I started protesting back then and haven't stopped. My eldest daughter who goes to a Texas public school hears the pledge every morning and will not stand (not because of anything I said, but I told her I had back if the school objects). Neither of us are protesting police brutality. We're just protesting the presumption that the school can or should make us participate. It doesn't mean we don't love America.

There's an important difference between the citizenship oath and the pledge of allegiance. The citizenship oath is transactional. You want to be made a citizen, and the country wants you to make certain promises before they let you in the club. That's fine. I'm a natural born citizen. It's my birthright. My inclusion is owed to me because of my patrimony. And, its actually pretty hard to be stripped of or to get rid of. There are no steps I have to proactively take to keep up my end. I don't have to respect the flag, honor the troops, venerate our founding fathers, respect the office of the presidency, pledge my allegiance, sing the national anthem, or anything else. It says so in the Constitution. I'm still a citizen. I will only do any of those things because I want to, not because anybody made me.

FranchiseBlade and MadMax like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The pledge isnt about freedom of speech. You say it you still have your freedom of speech.

I understand the difference between the two. Why shouldn't citizens born here be required to pledge to the tha t gives them freedom

I understand it isnt a choice to be here and kids cant pack up and leave but taking a pledge to the republic isnt extreme.

Freedom of religion on the other gand is about choice.

The pledge is about being a productive citizen

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are a very dumb person aren't you?

AleksandarN likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

Nope. Pledging your allegiance is political speech. If you are coerced into saying it, you're coerced into political speech and you are not free.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Citizenship is about more than just jobs. Citizenship is something they do of their own free will. Nobody is required to become a citizen.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

2007 wants its meme back.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And 1907 wants its thread topic back.

Nook likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, what an awful story. When I didn't stand for the pledge in high school I just had to get yelled at by this old creepy guy. No expulsion or even detention. I'm zoned to this school district so I will definitely be following this.

13. JuanValdez

Congratulations, your property taxes will help pay the legal fees and damages.

Nook likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

3.65% baby! So the district's lawyers should be good

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This a good discussion. Go be a hating b**** another Trump thread

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They come here for workk. To put food on table.

They don't give a **** about pledging an oath and will say it cause food is more important

We born here are spoiled about being here

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No, this isn't a discussion. Forcing children that aren't yours to recite a pledge of allegiance is a violation of the first amendment.

No one agrees with you because your notion you currently hold is as objectivly incorrect as a subjective opinion could ever approach .

#57 fchowd0311, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You don't know the motivation of every single new citizen. It is also for people who come here to work to feel an appreciation and wich to become citizens. It is also possible to get a green card and have a job here without becoming a citizen. Becoming a citizen is a long and difficult undertaking. Nobody would do it unless they wanted to.

19. bongman

bongman Member

How is this different from your ancestors who migrated to America?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No one here protested the plexge so in affect they do agree. I bet they say it now at functions especially work related functions

Before saying hatin b**** ish, tell me im wrong. Dont even have to ask them