1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

This is why Curry's not MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 8, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

you obviously haven't seen him enough. or you definitely don't respect players that know how to play the game.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I would argue his barrage of post All-Star triple doubles make his teammates much better than the Rockets' strategy of keeping the game close and then letting Harden do his thang in the end. That's why this award is highly contested, and I'm glad we have such a large field this year.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm not even much a curry fan but I don't discredit players just because they don't wear a houston jersey. Going by your description, he's a kyle korver on the atlanta hawks, a great 3 pt shooter on a very good team when its not even close to that

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

apparently not because they still ended up with L's at the end of the game

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not discrediting him simply because he doesn't wear a Houston jersey, I'm discrediting him because he shouldn't be in the conversation at all. When almost all of the players in the NBA come out talking about Harden as MVP and not Curry are they discrediting him for not wearing a Rockets jersey too? The Curry hype is almost 100% media driven and it seems you have bought in hook, line, and sinker.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

you read 5-6 players say harden is the mvp and this means almost all of the players in the league all of sudden. dont over exaggerate there. obviously it's great his peers respect what harden has done because of all the circumstances that houston has gone through this year. thats been his #1 argument

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Harden is the MVP.. he should win it

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a lot more than 5-6 and the best case for Harden is that he's hands down the most valuable player in the league this season.....but that means nothing without media support (or team accomplishment because again, some think that's the same as individual accomplishment sad as that is)

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, the most damning thing IMO when it comes to Curry's MVP candidacy is that no one even tries to make an argument that he's the most valuable player when talking about how he should win the MVP award. Everyone knows any case for him as the most valuable player in the league would be ridiculous and would probably be laughed at.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

not everyone. you're the only one that believes curry isn't even an mvp candidate

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, not a legitimate one, he's a really awesome player though. Unfortunately it's not the "Really Awesome Player Award", it's the "Most Valuable Player Award"

12. thejav

thejav Member

tell that to Steve Nash, Derrick Rose, David Robinson..ect ect..I would put my money on Curry being this years MVP.. its just how the system works..

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The narrative of what the MVP award should mean shifts year to year depending on who the media wants to win.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Derrick Rose was a mistake and no one is going to confuse David Robinson or Steve Nash in their MVP seasons for Curry.

Look, I'd put money on Curry being this year's MVP as well, doesn't make it right. The media have spoken and they want to give him the award despite him in no way being the most valuable player, it happens. Like I said earlier, they gave Derek Jeter multiple gold glove awards despite the fact that he was one of the worst defensive short stops to ever play the game. Giving Curry the MVP is the exact same thing.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

derrick rose was not a mistake. his argument that year was pretty similiar to hardens where chicago had a season full of injuries to their best players. using your logic even fellow players vouched that he was mvp that season

16. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Keep drinking that homerade.

We have pretty good defensive bigs, so if Curry replaced Harden on this team, I think this team would still be really good since we will still have a playmaker and deadly shooter.

If Harden replaced Curry on GSW, he would probably not be able to function with Klay since Harden is ball dominant, and chances are, GSW wouldn't be doing that well.

Rockets really have no one else to score with, so Harden racks up points, but on a team where there are other valid scorers, I don't see Harden doing so hot.

17. thejav

thejav Member

His fg%, 3pt%, ft%..breaking the NBA 3pt record (own record), 3rd best PER..being the best player on the best team with the best record..ect ect..when you have all that going for you..you deserve to be MVP.. Medias opinion means absolutely nothing..Stats are what truly matter.

18. Handles

Handles Member

Woah now, let's not go that far. Give harden a scoring wing like Thompson and he will flourish. Just think of the 3pt assists... In fact, I think harden NEEDS another scoring threat (shooter preferably) for us to win it all.

19. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

If Harden was the real MVP, why did the real MVP sweep him?

20. Handles

Handles Member

Because curry's team is better maybe??