1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why Curry's not MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Mar 8, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure if you're just a straight homer for harden but I have no idea who you are watching. Martin is no where near close to being in the same conversation as Curry. Only thing martin had going for him was set shot 3 pters.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

There is no way Curry is a shorter version of Martin. Martin can't shoot off the dribble like Curry does or create as much space to get his shot off. And unlike Martin, you can count on Curry to win the game in the 4th/OT. I like Martin as a player but this description is absurd.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Curry has his 3 point shooting, and he has being on a loaded team going for him.....Not really all that impressive. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, a star even, but MVP caliber? LOL, no.

I'll put it this way, give teams the choice between picking up Harden, Lebron, or Curry.....how many teams pick Curry? I'd bet none.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

if fellow players in the league are even acknowledging that curry is mvp caliber and a legit choice this season, you would think they would know what they are talking about. And actually I'd bet at least one team would pick curry. it's definitely not that clear cut as you seem to think it is.

My preference of course is for Harden to win it but I'm not going to sit here and disregard Curry as a player. Whatever your hate for curry is, is definitely clouding your scouting report on him.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I have no hate for Curry, it's just that he's clearly not on the same level as the true MVP candidates are. It would be like if Reggie Miller were given an MVP over Jordan or Olajuwon back in the day.

6. thejav

thejav Member

Sorry to say but..Curry will be MVP this season..Its obvious..

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

what level is that? The league is still struggling to find ways to guard this guy just as much as Harden. Just trying to be clear since its pretty much been a two man race throughout the whole season realistically bw curry and harden.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In no way is curry as hard to defend as Harden. C'mon man. The reason Curry is dangerous is because his teammates are really good and if he gets a screen to create separation he can take the 3 really quickly and hit at a very high rate. That's a large part of his game.

I'm not arguing who WILL win the MVP because the media decided a long time ago to prop up Curry and make it seem like every time he hits a 3 it's some unprecedented thing. Derek Jeter won gold glove awards the exact same way and he was one of the worst defensive short stops to ever play the game.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even Curry's shooting is propped up to be some kind of "never seen before greatness".....when in reality his season numbers are almost identical to Steve Nash's career shooting numbers. Curry's season really isn't that special....in any way.

10. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

^^^Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the typical Rockets fan.

No wonder everyone hates us.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

hate to say it but it's just as difficult in much the same way as harden as they both have the all around game to make decisions. being on an island with curry by yourself as a defender hasn't been too successful for defenses.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Someone who has followed basketball for a VERY long time and won't just buy into whatever is being hyped at the moment. Someone who won't buy into saying that someone who isn't even having a 50/40/90 season is having an "unprecedented" shooting season.

People hate people who don't buy into media hype.

13. SK34

SK34 Member

Except curry shooting percentage is similar to Nash while scoring more points and taking more deep shots. Broke the single season record for 3s.

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Holy **** dude, take the blinders off.

15. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

So what are the arguments on Harden winning MVP? Carrying a team with Less support is one.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The main argument is that he's the most valuable player in the NBA this season. Of course that gets drown out by those who argue that the MVP should go to the best player on the best team instead of the most valuable player in the NBA.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

his numbers speak for themselves as well

18. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

I don't care you much of a homer you can be, but Curry deserves the praise. The knock on Harden is how gets to to the line so much.

Its been a two man race the whole year, and harden looks more and more spent these past few weeks. If he can grab the scoring title, and just say screw it, and dominate these past few games, maybe he can win him some votes.

19. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Don't be so high on yourself. If you actually watched the games, you'd be able to see that Curry is having, not just a good, not just a very good, but a great season. It is a truth that your are irrationally resistant to acknowledging. What you are displaying is a level of ineptitude that normally requires a 47th chromosome (which I'm not counting out, either).

20. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

Curry's game is not dependent on refs bailing him though. Come playoffs, when fouls get dirtier, I think Curry will be more useful. James is a better penetrator but Curry is a better shooter and playmaker.