1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

this is the Yao that i want to see!! not layups!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iku, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

where is this yao?! long gone?

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think it's just yao's nature. he just RARELY dunks. it is what it is. just like scola (that's why he gets his shots blocked quite often too).

the reason it's frustrating is b/c he is taller than everybody in the league. and to see a guy much shorter than him blocking him is embarrassing.

carl landry should have a dunking lesson on everybody, including yao and tracy.

the amount of shots blocked around the rim (which should be EASY points) is extremely disturbing, and very embarrassing.

3. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

how you post this? this is the only video i can see in my school~

4. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

That just makes me miss CALVIN MURPHY!

5. DaDream

DaDream Member

they don't dunk becuz their verticals are 1 inch and 4 inches.

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

He also wasn't double or triple teamed as soon as he got the ball. Not to mention someone was able to actually get him the ball cleanly.

7. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Why when Yao went down he was at 3rd on dunking on the NBA? Only D.Howard and Amare got more dunk than him.

8. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

that video makes me wish Calvin Murphy was still broadcasting with Worrell, miss those days. O well...

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The consistency in those videos show Yao deep down low in the post. Ever since Rick took over, we've seen less and less of Yao down low. Even with this season, we've looked our best when we ran our offense through Yao. When they try to run the "new offense" is where everything falls apart. You would see guys standing in the wrong positions, guys trying to post up in the same spot, basically just confusion among the players. It's basketball, lets keep it simple.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is the conclusion I'm coming to, as well. I think there was another thread on it - the offense with Yao/T-Mac/Artest should frankly be all post-up's and pick and rolls. When the bench unit comes in they can try for more motion. Ron Artest isn't exactly running Adelman's offense that well either, and he already has multiple years knowledge of it. It's just not our superstar's style.

As for the dunking thing, people on this board need to chill about dunking. as far as I know you get the same 2 points. There are plenty of things Yao specifically and the team as whole need to improve, and dunking mroe is way way down on that list.

11. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

LOL, so true.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yao seems to have regressed, which kinda sucks. He needs his fire back or if he is not 100%, rest till he is.

13. jfrancis78

jfrancis78 Member

If Calvin Murphy was still around, he would be in Yao's face (and Tmac's) and he would light a fire under their collective butts. I really miss Calvin....

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

It seems Yao has had more missed dunks than actual dunks (not the weak layup like ones) in the last week or so.

15. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

the rockets is missing heart :(

16. ibm

ibm Member

sadly, no one is gonna talk about it or even willing to acknowledge it. sometimes ppl just want to talk about what they WANT to say.

17. Crush

Crush Rookie

Thanks for the great clips. Reminders of good times all too ephemeral

18. The Brian

The Brian Member

i miss the old yao and t-mac. :(

19. Wangchang

Wangchang Member

i cannot agree more.

20. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

did you see how they did not double him? Did you see the guy think about it then decide against it?

Yao cannot be stopped without a double, the NBA figured that out pretty quickly.

The problem is when doubled he is turnover prone.