1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the worst crowd ever.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo, Mar 20, 2007.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I have been a season ticket holder for 5 years now, and I just re-upped for next year. I do have a complaint however. Things they used to do to help bring fans in have gone from great to horrific. They seem to have less giveaway's, they never have things on the court for fans during halftime (when I say this I mean things the fans participate in), ticket prices have just gone up, and what made us think twice about re-upping was that this year they give you crap for doing it. Of course our loyalty overpowered everything, but how do you expect people to come to the games when you give away less freebies, and charge more? One other big difference that always comes to mind is that back when they were in the Compaq Center you could park for free in the garage. Nowadays you have to pay $15 to park in the garage, or a minimum of $5-7 to park somewhere a few blocks away unless you are able to get there early enough to park at a meter.

The bottom line to us is that if you want to bring more fans in you don't raise your prices, you give more and/or better promotions, do more for the fans, and maybe get some reasonably priced food/drink. I'm very dissapointed as a season ticket holder, but there's nothing I can do about it. That's just that much more money I'm going to have to come up with to support my team.

Thanks Rockets for making it a little more difficult each year.

Pugs

2. Wangdoodle

Wangdoodle Member

Awesome post, Pugs!

3. AkeemTheDreem86

My season tickets (which my family has had for 25 years) are in section 121 row 7 RIGHT behind the visitors bench. I don't get to go to every game (we share with a couple other families now due to the rediculous price) but the ones I do get to attend I'm standing and yelling my ass off.

I wear my jerseys over my business clothes every game, I heckle the Sheeds and CWebbs of the NBA every game, and every game I have to pay $7.75 for a skunked Bud Light (except in the playoffs, during which the flask comes into play ;) ).

That's right, and it's all you can do. As someone pointed out, some people naturally love to cheer, other people either don't feel comfortable or just don't care. Be it insecurity or apathy, not cheering is just as contagious as cheering. So all you can do in the club level is just try to make people feel that they won't be alone if they wish to express a little excitement for the game.

Why do you think they are so quick to stand up for the giveaways? Or during the playoffs? Because everyone else around them is, that's why. We are in the process of rekindling the winning spirit in Houston, and it's that culture of excitement that will spread like a wildfire throughout the club seats come playoff time when we kick the **** out of the Jazz.

People on this board are so quick to label and judge ALL people that have good seats. You can call me a "suit" or whatever, but I was there for Choke City, I was there for Hakeem's Triple Crown Season, and By God I was there with my broom for The Sweep!

Amen, Brother :cool:

4. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Really?

LOL!

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yup felt like shooting the screen

ask mig I pointed them out pretty quickly

6. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

I think the point is just that you like to whine.

7. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Agreed. I went to the last game against Dallas, and the crowd was still horrible.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Seriously last year every game i went to there was some first 5000 people awesome giveaways and this year there are maybe half then last year and they are all pretty lame...

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

when did Bonzi say he hates the place? Why?

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yea , but there a lot of celebrities who attend those games

11. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Red Rowdies would have been barely noticed last night of they weren't shown on TV a couple of times. They are not that loud. More annoying than anything.

The crowd was vocal last night.

12. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I have been a season ticket holder for four years now, and it seems that the beer has gotten worse this every year. Not only has it gone up in price, it is ALWAYS skunked. Whether it is the Jack Daniels Bar or any of the stands, the majority of the time the beer is completely skunked. The least the TC could do is make sure the beer is not skunked.

13. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I'm a student at UNT. I live in denton.

14. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Alot of the sections are bought out by big time companies.
    My friend's mom works for AT&T
    they bought out all of SECTION
    418 and others.

wtf is AT&T doing buying out rockets seats in the first place?
    shouldnt they be buying out spurs tickets.

but you can blame all these big time companies

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

tell your friends mom to start getting loud

16. JD2010

JD2010 Member

haha she leaves that up to me and my friend.

she hooks me up with tickets.
    i got tickets to the jazz game..
    and even though im gonna be in those "corporate" seats.
    im gonna be the loud one!! lol

17. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

No offense, but that's not living in Dallas. I hate it when people live all over the Metroplex and then make it simple by saying they live in Dallas. I bet this is the case for most of the people living up here. That's why they keep saying they hate it so much. Saying you live in Denton is pretty much saying you live in Conroe. I would HATE living in Conroe, there you have it. Anyways, I'm in Highland Park.

Going back to the subject, my neighbor works for AT&T and she always gets tickets to the games too. She isn't into the Rockets so she just gives them to her husband who always ends up taking me. It makes no difference who gets the tickets. Just make sure you do something with them. My uncle also gets tickets from FedEx every once in a while for being a valued customer and ends up giving to me. So that's no excuse at all. Either those receiving the tickets don't care or are simply lazy.

18. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Most of them don't care about the Rockets