1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the worst crowd ever.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo, Mar 20, 2007.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ever go to a Mavs game in the mid-90's? it was dead. rockets games in the mid-90's were electric.

i'll give you one guess why it was like that then...and why it's different today.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you Dilios,
    go tell the rest of Sparta about us!

3. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: the corporate snobs are still better than the cocaine and boob job crowd. One is actually going to a game; the other is showing up to get on the camera (before doing blow and having an orgy). Houston > dallas any day.

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Um, can we have more boob job crowd here?

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Sorry, But I beg to differ.. :eek:

You'd rather have lame guys in suits who don't even know the players' names (doing their lame substanceless small talk among eachother) than top-heavy bimbos (jumping up and down for no reason whatsoever)??

I'll take the boobs and bimbos!

6. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

At least they showed up.

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

they get loud when it's tshirt time

8. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

There has been over 22 sellouts this season alone so far so give it a rest. Some nights you'll have a sellout and some nights you'll have a crowd of 12,000 or so it happens. Good thing is we beat the Pacers in an ugly game and in the playoffs your bound to have such a game sooner than later. Go Rockets!!!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

For the record, even though Dallas is a sellout everynight the arena is not full when they play the crappy teams...some of their suits stay home too.

You guys probably only see the TNT games...try watching them play the Hawks or Celtics at home....lots of people disguised as empty seats.

DD

10. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Uh, I beg to differ. I watch all the Mavs games. They are sell out for the most part. They can easily fit 19k+ so if only 18,000 show up, it still looks full. A Tuesday night game against the Bobcats had more than 21,000 in attendance. What more do you want?

Anyways, I just received an email from the Rockets saying "WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU WITH HALF PRICE TICKETS

Seriously, how desperate are these people??

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

even when its sold out, it's quiet as hell

12. blathersby

Corporate guys are taking potential clients to a game to impress them. The thing is that they're going to a game. The cocaine and boob job crowd goes to get on TV. I'd rather have corporate snobs show up for the game than coked up men and plastic women using the team to get on TV for a split second. Besides, the coke and boob job crowd leaves at the end of the 3rd if it's not close. Or when it is. Seriously -- someone else who lives in dallas tell me you haven't noticed this.

13. playa

playa Contributing Member

I was at this game. The crowd was not great but, we still had a good time. It is really on the organization to do something the atmosphere though. It should not be up to the customers to create their own excitement.

We might not have the greatest sports town, but I will sure take living here over other supposedley good sports towns like Philedelphia, Cleveland, Detroit, Boston, etc.

As for Dallas, they are going through the greatest run of their franchises history. They will do anything to go to a game. Wait til those clowns get their credit card bills. Mavs tickets + Gucci bracelet+ Shiny shirt+ BMW Z3 convertible equals more their $25,000 salary can afford.

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

DD is right, (for once? ;) )

b**** b**** b****.

This gets so old. Complaining about the people that pay for seats but don't make the games, AND complaining about games not selling out. BUY A TICKET! Go BE LOUD! WHATEVER... just quit complaining.

I have been a season ticket holder since compaq center days (Actually since the Summit). Some games are loud, some are not. Some people cheer loud, others don't. Would it be great if every game was loud? Sure... but give it a rest.

Rest assured, playoff tickets will sell out. As someone pointed out, we have 22 sellouts this year (I can't verify that, but sounds about right) and out of 40 some odd home games, that sounds pretty good considering the last few seasons we have had. Do you remember how bad last season was with all the injuries? How many season tickets were "let go" after paying for a year of that in the $150-$350/seat/game range?

As JVG said, if they take care of their end of the bargain, people will be more willing to support them. Bottom line.

Comparing Rocket attendance to Mavs attendance is not a sensible argument at this point in time.

I just went off about this in another thread...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net:80/showpost.php?p=2808048&postcount=124

15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Great, you watch all the mavs games.... and they sell "for the most part". Hello, conference Champs. How hard do you think it was to get Rockets tickets after they were in Conference Championships and winning titles? Difficult. Not that Cuban doesn't market his team well... but come on.

Question is, they made you an offer you shouldn't be able to refuse, and instead of telling us how you and all your "real fan" friends are buying them up and going to games, you're here complaining about how it's everyone elses fault??

Price is an argument, to some extent, but I know for a fact that you can get in a game for much less than $1300, you just won't be holding Cuban's Jock Strap on Row 1 behind the mav bench. My old section upstairs tickets were 22-25, and now upstairs center court they are $35. Well worth it, and when I can muster the cash to put down, in advance with no guarantees of a season of full rostered good games mind you, I do. Not cheap, but what can I say... I'm a fan.

And yes, I am loud at the games. Not everyone is, and I wish sometimes they were, but honestly, let it go. Being loud does not make you more of a fan. Might make you a benefit to the club, a better 6th man, etc... but not everyone is there to scream at the top of their lungs. I don't hold it against them.

One point I might make that TC does seem to have a problem with is three fold.... 1) HUGE lower prom, small upper prom... so many more expensive seats than inexpensive seats (unlike, say, an Astros game where you can get in on the cheap usually if you want) ... and 2) They have divided the concourse between upstairs and down, unlike old Compaq where stairs all led up or down to a common concourse... and 3) Les controls all the concessions, so there are no name brand restaurants like Pappa's etc. so many people eat elsewhere, get held up, and come to game late, or leave early.

All of those are somewhat of a factor, I think, in the sales of tickets in the new arena.

Then let's finish this by saying you picked a late tuesday night game against Eastern Conference Indiana to measure attendance?

16. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

American Airlines is not that loud. SBC on the other hand is. Considering Dallas has had much more success than us the last few years, I'd say the fans are comprable. Spurs fans as a whole are more passionate. And I'd say the die hard Rockets Fans are more intense than both.

17. JEREMYMEEGAN

JEREMYMEEGAN Member

whatever they got a good crowd...

18. blathersby

I live in dallas. I watch mavs games. I go to mavs games (against the Rockets). And I will say it again, "No, they don't." Just like for the Rockets, the people in the lower bowl don't give two craps about the game; they just play to the cameras the WHOLE TIME. No city that lame can be in Texas; dallas is part of Oklahoma.

19. redefined

Where in Dallas do you live?

What game did you go to? The damn PA says make some noise and the entire arena stands up and goes nuts. And you should see what happens when they play on national TV. The place shakes.

Where's Dave at? I remember asking him about the experience when he came up and he said yeah that place gets loud real fast.

20. redefined

See what happens when you play a better team at an earlier time?