1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the worst crowd ever.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo, Mar 20, 2007.

1. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Were you watching the Mavs/Knicks match up instead? The Toyota Center was like half empty.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I heard Cuban does a good job in making the games affordable, accessible, and attractive to fans

3. yo

yo Contributing Member

EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Pissed for cheering during the intros??? Am I missing something here????? Am I on freaking crazy pills???? What freaking planet is this??? Or city?? OH yea, it's Houston. Those types of fans shouldn't be allowed within 50 feet of the arena. DISGRACEFUL.

4. kennymajozy

kennymajozy Member

I live in Hong Kong.
    My nearest dream is to fly to Houston to watch the Live game in these two years since i will be graduated in this July. :rolleyes:

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

OKay 12,000 is pathetic. There really aren't any excuses for our attendance because there are tons of teams that aren't THAT good where they sell out every game or at least most of them like Toronto and Washington.

Houston fans don't know how to be rowdy. You don't have to stand up the whole time. But if you are going at least cheer and stand and yell every now and then.

6. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

i wish i could afford those lower level seats. if they were 50 or 6o bucks I woudl be all over it. But 100 dollars a seat is a lot.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

baseball?

still considered a sport? :rolleyes:

8. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

There's no excuse? The game started at 830 on a weeknight. If I was in Houston I wouldn't have gone even if I had court side tickets. I'd rather sit comfortably watching them in HD in the theater. You can't beat that.

9. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

And you call yourself a fan?

10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

It's a weird thing to do but I was cheering because the Rockets were winning.

11. kennymajozy

kennymajozy Member

You'd better say that you dont care about basketball, but u r better than barkley who dont know basketball but bite all around

12. yowyao

yowyao Member

dawson needs to lower the ticket prices! simple as that! :D

13. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Huh?

I honestly don't care too much about basketball. It doesn't even make my top 3 favorite sports list. But what does that have to do with anything? I still watch every Rockets game. Besides, it's the damn Pacers. Don't BS with me right now, the game was so boring until the 4th quarter. Yeah, tonight I would've rather watched them at home...

And you think I'm crazy, ask the other 6k + who didn't show up and see what they had to say.

14. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

I've been to a good share of games this season and it seems that the camera is always facing the side of the arena that is empty most of the time.

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Yeah as much as I don't want to believe it myself.. the TC is pretty lame.. :rolleyes:

Kinda sucks how on every national television broadcast, announcers actually HAVE to point out "Oh the atmosphere in the arena has certainly GOT BETTER this year" -- Followed by the obligatory close up on the Red Rowdies, and the story of Van Gundy hand picking them himself through auditions before the season.. :rolleyes: Pretty lame if you ask me. The whole thing just makes Houston look bad.

PS. the TC isn't exactly ROCKIN' right now either..

16. Jimes

Jimes Member

I was there and yeah the upper deck was like half or two-thirds full and the lower deck was the same. I think the late start time had something to do w/ it as well as it just being the Pacers. The rowdies were good, and I had a pretty good time high-fiving the random people next to me, jumping around, and yelling after that Battier 3 that basically sealed the game. Till then, very frustrating game where we could not seem to get any separation. I will take the win though (and the Big Mac).

Props to JHo for his little run and TMac for basically not letting us lose on the defensive end late. The man took it to another level with the blocks, steals, and boards late. If he can consistently have that energy in the playoffs, it will be beautiful to watch.

17. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

I was there tonight in section 111 and it was great. I took my wife and hit it off with the guys next to me, we were high-fiving and cheering most of the time (except when the Rockets kept turning over the ball and the refs made bad calls, which was quite often). It was a little empty in the upper deck, but it was still plenty loud in the building.

18. htownbball

htownbball Member

there needs to be more entertainment before and after games, cuz pretty much what everyone does is go to the game right before it starts, watches, then goes home.

i was on vacation in boston a few years back and went to watch a redsox game at fenway. the atmosphere inside the park was just like everywhere else, but after the game outside the park on Yawkey Way were lots of street vendors that sell all sorts of sports memorabilia, food (had the best hotdog ever there), random crap, fake watches/sunglasses...just a big market. we need something like that before/after games to spice up the environment around the arena at least during the weekend. i understand fans are scarce on weeknight games during the schoolyear and what not, so maybe weekend home games and also during vacation time like Thanksgiving week games, Christmas vacation games, and games during the summer vacation should be the only time they could have a big market type thing. it should bring alot more fans and families out to enjoy a fun evening at the arena instead of just a game.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

it was really bad tonight, i thought the attendance was like 8k-9k tops. The end sections in the upper deck were BAD. My seats are in 418, 2 rows in front of the Memorial Herman Sky Court lit sign. I sat there until the second qtr, then moved over to 424.

Even that section was bad, it was so bad, my friend and I got everything the Clutch Control threw out to the section. Hell, my friend got 2 of those Sile Stone red rubber balls, not because he was greedy, but THERE WERE NO ONE AROUND US TO TAKE IT FROM HIM. We were the ONLY ones in our section screaming standing up, BEFORE they pull out something to throw out, it was pretty pathetic. Once one of the guys pulled out a shirt, towel, noise maker, out of their bag, the rest of the section got up and cheered like there was no tomorrow, lame... :rolleyes:

I hope its a better showing on Thursday.

#39 Dave2000, Mar 21, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  20. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

well indiana sucks, haha