1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the Tmac we need

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaoterminator, Feb 9, 2008.

1. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

I don't care if you are just being stupid and making senseless posts. But you are here to stir up hatred between the posters here. Therefore, I have to call you out because you are malicious to this board. Why do you morons have to be destructive to this forum?

2. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Here's a couple of game clips.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_eGS1DqHK8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_eGS1DqHK8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W710m2qt-OE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W710m2qt-OE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/npNRxAsn88Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/npNRxAsn88Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHUb2hkEe60&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHUb2hkEe60&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

There's more on youtube, just click on related videos.

3. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I am SO sick of these kinds of threads. The team is what, 10-1 since his return? Outside of the games he tried to play in right after he first injured is knee, he has been fantastic all season. Shooting his best % since becoming a Rocket, very low TO's, and overall has been very good.

Like every superstar, he has things that will constantly peeve you. Poor shot selection (although better than Gilbert Arenas or Vince Carter, as bad as Kobe), poor FT's, and IMO the thing that peeves me most is his rebounding (something NEVER brought up by the BBS). But, the guy is still an incredible player. He has one of the best jumpshots in the game (46% EFG this season on jumpers...better than Kobe, Melo, Pierce, etc...), one of the most underrated passers in the league, generally a very good decision maker and has proven he can carry teams.

People REALLY need to chill with the T-Mac hate, and be happy he is healthy and the team is winning.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

like i said, when people played well offensively like in milwaukee and minny, people said he dominated the ball.

when he passed the last 2 games and didn't shoot too well but he didn't need to, people said he's not scoring liek a superstar.

it's really the same things said over and over by the same people. it's good to just ignore b/c nothing tmac does is good by their standards. they can ALWAYS find something to criticize.

hopefully when tmac gets this team deep in the playoffs, they can learn to RESPECT the guy. i don't care if they don't like him (OBVIOUSLY they don't). just respect him as a player and human being.

he's a rocket. he's playing for your team. unless he does something stupid that jeopardizes the organization, every true rocket fan should support the guy.

5. bbjai

bbjai Member

at the end of the day he has poor shot selection like many superstars. They just don't like him, and they'll keep hating him. His rebounding is a good point. He should be an excellant rebounder at his size. We've been seeing it alot more lately so its encouraging. I find it amazing that people can hate him that much. He does amazing things and then people will still hate. If you don't like Mcgrady so much you can go get lost and support some other team with a consistent super star. Yao clearly likes the guy. So does everyone else on this team. The fact that some sections of the fan base don't and keep hating on him tells me they should pack up and support players that they keep comparing Mcgrady with.

6. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Look at the first clip at the 1:59 mark. Tmac can't do that anymore. He gave up the 3 and exploded to the hole. We don't see that very often. I am the biggest Tmac fan. However, I am not ashamed to admit that Tmac has lost explosiveness. He's a better passer, but nowhere as fast as he once was. There's a saying that there's only so many jumps in a man's knees. Tmac's knees have experienced 70%+ of the jumps that they are capable of. It's a fact of life. He's a great guy though and we can't overlook that.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he did that earlier this year if u didn't notice. dude was dunking 1-2 times a game on a nightly basis. if u saw that mavs game earlier when he scored 35 pts, he was a freak on the fast-break. or the utah game where he just went bananas. he can still do those things if he's AT LEAST 90% HEALTHY and in shape.

now that his knees are not healthy (he couldn't finish 2 dunks last night), he's not very explosive. that's why i think this upcoming rest is good for him. and he has to get back into the shape he was earlier in the yr. he looks a little heavier from the injury.

but the team is winning as tmac is getting himself healthier. by mid-march, he should be back to the shape he was. adelman even said tmac is nowhere as explosive as he was earlier in the season. it'll come back.

8. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Will the rest make him 5 years younger?

I understand that he's a little hesitant right now. However, there's a distinct difference. I am not saying he can't dunk. I am saying he was a freak of nature and now he's just adequately explosive.

9. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

When h is healthy, like arlier in the season, he still has arguably the quickest first step for a swingman in the league. Ad even if he had that old explosiveness, if you look at 82 games, he is taking as many jumpers as he was back in Orlando.

Outside of a dropoff in 3pt % and FT's, as well as rebounding, T-Mac is as good/better productivity-wise as he was at any time in Orlando.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I think he still can dunk like that. The reason I think he don't do it anymore is becasue hes scare that he will get hurt trying to do it.

11. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

His health condition is different now. You have to make adjustment based on your phisical condition.

No shame to do more jumpers than before. The key is to play wisely and play in the system.

Everyone needs to make adjustment as they age.

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Yea you are right. But most players don't make adjustment till around the age of 30-32. Tracy isn't young anymore but hes no where near old.

13. diegot143

diegot143 Member

if said it before.. i dont think he will be able to cahnge his negativity but i ope im wrong.. the game against Atlanta gamve me a little hope.. but at the same time he did take some iladvised shots.. I dont think he is genuenly happy to see other ppl in his team do well.. its obvious by his body language.. if he misses a shot and some one tips it in.. hes only mad bc he missed the shot. Memac is a good nick name lol.. like i said i saw glimpses that he might be able to change in the Hawks game so there is some hope but we will have to wait and see what happens

14. earth

earth Rookie

Any proof?

T_mac may has some issues, not with Yao, but all teammates this season. If he didn't change his style, he will be sent into the inactive list. If you check Yao's stats, you will find Yao 's FGA is 16-18 shots per game, 24-26pts without Tmac, and 16-18 shots pergame, 22-24pts, no much difference. But it will be pathetic for Bonzi, Scloa, Rafer, and Head.

15. JD2010

JD2010 Member

I'm not the biggest tmac fan (see my sig, and Easy's sig) but the team has improved, his shot selection is still very questionable but right now Rockets are winning :) and that's all that matters.

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Quote of the year! Brilliant!

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

There's a lot of Tmac bashing on signatures these days. Its like the hip thing to do. I wonder what would happened if I made a sig saying "Yao Ming is a poor mans Rik Smith" hmmmmmmm.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Where you go wrong is assuming that people who criticize McGrady do so only because they're fans of Yao. It's like the guy can do no wrong. In fact, he's got elements of his game that he needs to improve, just like Yao, just like everybody else on the team. Going into denial about that just makes you look childish.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I think he chose the Yao line because he is the other star on the team. Thats what I read into it anyway. He could have said Scola, or Landry, but chose Yao.

T-Mac can surely do wrong. Trouble is folks are actually believing and perpetuating he is doing wrong most of the time when he actually is doing wrong very rarely. The "hater glasses" only allow you to see the negative side. World sees T-Mac walking on water, "hater glasses" see a guy who can't swim. It really is that simple.

20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

The other reason for a player like Tmac to do this is to setup the rest of his game. His defenders know he can make that shot the next time down if he misses or makes the last one and they also know he can pull the trigger at anytime from literally anywhere. This is what makes him so dangerous.

The defender has to play him closer the next time down and that is when Tmac can take him off the dribble all the way to the basket. It is a double edged sword when guarding Tmac because you know he can drain the 3 especially if he is open or he can get by you if you play him to close. Rookies have an extremely difficult time finding that area which is still close but far enough to where he won't go by you so he has an open look.

Also, with scouting, you know other teams take notice that Tmac is still capable of pulling up from anywhere and you have to try and get in his face as much as possible. He keeps the defender guessing and all he needs is a split second of hesitation by the defender to get the shot or drive he wants.