1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the Tmac we need

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaoterminator, Feb 9, 2008.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I wish T-Mac would take less 3 point attempts and take more 2 point shots from 16-18 feet, kinda like some player who used to play for the Bulls; who wore #23.

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I've been a critic of Tmac lately, but I think he's been playing great since coming back. Notably to me was on the defensive end. Did you guys see our defense in the second quarter? They were helpless - it was an art the way we shut them down. I've seen Tmac skying for rebounds and ripping them down, yelling at his teammates because they missed an assignment, and getting his teammates back when the refs call a questionable foul on them. Tmac was the first one to go to the ref to plead his case for his teammate. This McGrady seems to actually care on the defensive side, and he's been stepping up his vocal leadership too. This is how we were supposed to look - it's been great watching this team develop lately.

3. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I am lazy too, so I am not going to type a lot. However, the way Tmac played with the Magic can best be described as the Lebron James of today (slighter frame of course) with less leadership and a bit better shooting.

He would not bring the ball up slowly. That is 4 years of JVG plus a less willing player to run. He's more methodic which is good against running teams, but not so good agaisnt teams you want to run on.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

haha you know me well bucman o_O.

btw I do own a Yao jersey but not a Tmac one.

5. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

Fair enough, so JVG messed with McGrady's game a bit then since he used to play fast (if he played like Lebron), at least exploded to the rim and shoot high percentage shots. I hope he can combine the two styles, playing more within the team like he does now and at times be explosive like he used to be. There's no doubt he can get 30 - 40 pts a game but it would be great if he could be like Hakeem who could get 40 pts a game and still get plenty of assists and didn't dominate every play.

6. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

You would know what I am talking about if you haev read all the posts of this moron in the past. The only purpose of this moron here is to stir up conflicts between the Rockets fans here.

7. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

I don't give a flying ass which jersey you own. I just know you are a moron who spend your pathetic life to stir up pissing matches on the internet.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yea i wish he would do that too. he's money from around 16-19 ft (or usually a step inside the 3pt line). he shouldn't take 3s unless he's pretty wide open or he has established a consistent rhythm.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

He has read all my posts. Buccman usually posts on the same topics as me. I dont resort to name calling of any Rox players nor fans. Well except maybe once. When is it considered stirring up conflict? Whenever someone talks about your favorite player? Criticizes them?

10. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Instant [​IMG]

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You must have missed the last few minutes of the game. The two were sitting next to each other, talking and cracking up watching the end of the bench finish the blowout. Honestly, and this isn't directed at you, I can't believe some of the BS I read here about the players. McGrady receives the worst of it, but Scola has been vilified often enough. Yao certainly is. Some of the other guys get it on a regular basis. We're on an incredible run right now and yet far too many seem focused on bizarre criticisms of our guys, and what stupid name they can come up with to use to insult them, like it somehow makes them look cool instead of making them look like middle school boys on the playground, which is the result. Someone who didn't know our record would assume we've lost 15 of our last 19 games. Go figure.

12. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

Anyone with half a brain can read between the lines of what you posted. Your only lame purpose here is to stir up hatred between the posters here. Man up and admit what yourself is. Look in the mirror and call yourself a moron because you are one.

13. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Resorting to name calling is an elementary school tactic. If you really dont like my post then use the ignore function.

14. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

And what if we win it that year too :D

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

Yea me too but thats part of T-Mac's game so we have to live with it.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Luther Head is not Monta Ellis. He is not nearly good enough offensively to overcome his inadequate size and defensive liabilities.

Luther Head is not NBA material. That may shock some that are in love with his great spot up shooting, but it's the truth.

Since he is still part of our current roster, he should be playing no more than 10-15 mpg until we can hopefully trade him.

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

How can you have one without the other? :(

18. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Well said. People here should stop hate-loving on Tmac, and focus on what really matters here: the team. We've been winning on Tmac scoring less and Yao being less super-hero-like. Proof: Yao scores less than 30, Tmac plays sub-par shooting wise, but we still run out a team from beginning to end.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I'm a Yao only fan.

j/k it was a present. I dont like wearing jerseys.

20. T-mac&Yao=RING

Oh ok now that sounds better.