1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the Tmac we need

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaoterminator, Feb 9, 2008.

1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Exactly....

2. ibm

ibm Member

injuries have hindered his career a little bit, but i've always thought that, overall mcgrady is more talented than kobe. passing is just the most obvious area where he's better than kobe.

i don't know about lebron. i've not watched his games as much as i do mcgrady's. but personally i think his game needs quite some fine tunes before he can be truly considered at the level all the media hypes want us to believe that he deserves.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

can u let the man get "kinda" healthy? did u see his 2 dunk attempts tonight? obviously his legs/knees aren't quite there.

when he's in shape, he'll do what he does (see the beginning of the year).

and yao has struggled recently on this road trip and tmac picked up it. both guys are doing their part right now.

4. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

When we beat the elite teams, than what are you going to say?

5. Classic

Classic Member

McGrady played great tonight. If you're complaining about his shot selection tonight, shut up. He played distributor tonight first and foremost. He found Yao, Scola, and Bonzi non stop tonight. When Yao is not in the game, and Tmac is, there is no reason why he can't take a three pointer here or there--as somebody mentioned is low risk/high reward when you're in such control of the momentum. He defers to Yao and the others when they're rolling. When they're on the bench, the offense usually starts and ends with him. He had like 3 shots tonight that were of questionable shot selection. He was also running tonight which was a good sign. The ball on offense was moving tonight. Only reason Tmac didn't have like 14 assists tonight was because his teammates didn't shoot an even higher %. If Yao doesn't miss that Utah game we're on an 11 game winning streak. Tmac is playing great team ball right now and with the emergence of Scola this team is going to be a force to be reckoned with. You guys whinning sound like a woman on her period--just go change your tampoon.

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Guess the Blazers dont count.

Guess the Spurs dont count.

Guess the Warriors dont count.

Guess the Cavs dont count.

7. Classic

Classic Member

Or the Jazz.

Or the Lakers.

Or the Pistons.

Or the Magic.

Or the Suns.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The one thing I've noticed in a couple of games is that TMac has shouted down and yell at Scola for his screwups like he was a child. I saw it tonight and another game. I really don't like that body language, and I wonder if Tmac is kinda taking it out on Scola that he replaced Hayes in the starting lineup. Tmac tends to attach to people that cater to him, Hayes/Rafer/Battier were his starting lineup buddies.

9. T-mac&Yao=RING

Oh yea they count to me.

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

It's disrespectful to Scola, and it doesn't even make sense. Scola's really turned it on and he gives 110% every time he's on the court. I'm wondering if he's going to turn into a magic numbers guy for the Rockets, where if he gets a certain number of points or rebounds a victory is assured.

I was wondering if there's tension there with Hayes being moved off the starting spot. If there is hopefully they can get over it. It's unprofessional.

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Was only using teams from the 10-1 run.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol they will find another excuse to hate Tmac. The first excuse was he was faking injury and that was proven wrong. Second excuse is that he's a ballhog which has already been proven wrong with his assist average. Third excuse is that he stagnants the offense which we didnt see tonight because the role players actually played well for a change. Fourth excuse is that we still dont blow out bad teams which the Rox has done tonight as well. Finally, its the "BUT WE WILL STILL EXIT IN DA FIRST ROUND" blah blah blah. I guess if you play the odds game then they might actually get one right sooner or later.

13. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

What the heck does "the role players actually played well for a change" mean? The "role" players kicked ass in that stint where T-Mac was out with an injury.

You know, it kind of bothers me that whatever shortcomings T-Mac has there's a certain segment of this board's population who look to blame anybody but him. What role players would that be? Scola? Has he been slacking? Or Landry? Has he been slacking too? Because I can't think of a single game where those two guys didn't leave everything they had out on the court.

14. T-mac&Yao=RING

I wonder what they will say when we win it all this year :D

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Sorry not going to debate with you. All your posts are full of hate and whine about Tmac. The only threads/posts you create are Tmac bashing and you cant seem to keep his name out of your mind.

16. Classic

Classic Member

I would say that the roleplayers hit a shooting wall from about game 5-25. I thought that it was fairly obvious that Rafer, Battier and Head weren't shooting their normal %s earlier in the season.

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

Tracy gets blame all the time on this board. What the hell are you talking about?

18. bbjai

bbjai Member

Actually

I find all this

HIS SHOT SELECTION TONIGHT SUCKED

is pretty stupid. The guy was 5-10 if you take out the 4 shots he took from downtown when they were up by 30, they were unneccesary and clearly he was taking the piss out of the other team. Especially the one from the Parking lot. That was a ridiculous play. But give me a break we were up by 30 something at that point. I would be chuck ally hoops and shooting half court shots. Seriously what do you guys expect him to do? I certainly don't expect them to go blow out the other team by 40. That would be insulting them. And you know what that got Carmelo Anthony into.

So that leaves him at 50%, thats pretty efficient, to go with 8 assists.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol seriously. Even after good wins where he comes through hitting clutch shots!

20. T-mac&Yao=RING

Maybe hes an undercover T-Mac fan. :D