1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the Tmac we need

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaoterminator, Feb 9, 2008.

1. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

He's not the best player in the world. So what?

2. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

When you're up by 30 nothing could kill the momentum.

3. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I think we need to trade you to another board... :D

4. Skip-To-My-Lou

Hes not relaxing.....He's saving energy while not hurting the team. When the ball comes to his man or to his zone he plays amazing defense. You guys dont understand the genious of his game. What seems like relaxing to you is just playing the game smart to save up for 4 quarters. Trust me Tmac NEVER just relaxes when its his defensive assignment

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

I still wish TMAC can improve his shooting, he's 5-14 FG tonight.

6. landryfans

landryfans Member

Last time I checked, Tmac still a SG.

A distributor version of Tmac is not worth 20M.

He play well tonight, let's see what he can do in tough game.

7. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

We would still win this game against Hawks if TMac had decided to go with 7-20 in fgs and 8 assits. That would be the old TMac.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

nah you saw the guys running like CRAZY. u see how tmac will just throw all those passes upcourt to bonzi? tmac WILL make the pass. he's a basketball player that can do everything. he's not necessarily just a scorer, distributor...

i think the only time tmac looks to score primarily is when other guys are struggling (like the bucks game) or when the game is tight in the 4th. other than that, he looks to pass first and foremost.

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

That's the wrong mentality to have. Heat checks should never happen. This team should execute when things are going good and when things go bad. They should never deviate from the system. When this team runs the system consistently ... that is when we will be elite and fourth quarter comebacks decrease. Heat checks = losing concentration, focus on the task at hand. The task being setting good habits for the playoffs.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac does relax dude. he will never play all out unless it's an important game or the playoffs. but can u blame him? he's been in the L for 11 yrs and he's prone to injuries so he has to pace himself.

11. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Isn't it possible that the game wasn't tough because he had a hand in making it look easy?

Why the heck would you post something that doesn't make any sense? You need proof that he can play? Why don't educate yourself?

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

McGrady is not just a better passer than Kobe (which isn't a huge accomplishment), he is probably the best passing NON-PG in the entire NBA. Only one that's even debatable is Lebron.

I don't know how you can breath with your head so far up your ass. :D

13. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You guys love the guy one day then hate him the next....please make up your mind. After a win he's amazing, after a loss it's damn he's not what he used to be......

macfan he doesn't have to be the best player in the league, but when he's taking up as much cap space as he is he's going to have to be more effecient offensively and produce more like a franchise player that can carry a team, if he can't do these things he's not worth he's getting paid. He's gonna keep us from getting better........

I know all of you will realize what I'm saying by the end of the season, cause in the playoffs an outing like today won't cut it.....sorry, but then all ya'll will be singing my tune :D

14. nancychang

nancychang Member

a mentally & physically healthy T-mac with Great Wall n well-performed roles is unconquerable~~

15. Samsonyte

Samsonyte Member

Does no one understand the difference these shots make when they go in? If you are on a 6-0 run(for example) and you steal the ball and pop a 3 instead of laying back you get one of 2 things. You miss and its a wasted possession or you make it and increase the lead and affect the crowd that much more usually leading to a time out by the other team. I'm sure ya'll have noticed tmac loves doing this. Many instances with an offensive rebound being kicked out with tmac taking a 3 with 22 seconds left on the shot clock. It's risk vs reward with the reward being much higher than the risk in the majority of tmac's "chucking" as many claim. Everyone cries when he misses but no one complains when he drains it. But then again the toyota center corporate crowd is pretty pathetic anyway so i can understand why working the crowd/tempo/momentum is fairly useless in many of yalls eyes. Sure tmac likes being the hero but he played great today and only does such things to boost or keep up the momentum imo.

16. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Sort of exaggerated no matter how I read this sentence left or right. :rolleyes:

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually, it's not t-mac who has changed so much as it's the team that has.

Now that guys like bonzi, rafer, scola, brooks, and all are stepping up, t-mac doesn't have to carry the team. he can just focus on playing his game without the burden - except in the tight situations when he is needed.

without that burden, and those heavy minutes, he'll be fresher and more effective. what we're seeing isn't just t-mac fitting in better, it's the players buying into the system and believing.

it's everyone - this is the team we hoped for.

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Until we play the elite teams.....

19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The best thing about T-Mac tonight was that he enforced some shot discipline on himself. He wasn't really hot for the whole game, but he kept his number of FGA's in check until the second half. At that point the Rockets were up by 30 and he knew he was going to come out, so he let a few fly.

20. BarkleyHater84

We brought in T-Mac to play like a superstar. Yes, it takes 5, but we pay him an a$$load to be either the MAN or the MAN next to the MAN. I love Yao and feel like he is a MVP candidate, but T-Mac needs to play great too if we are talking championship.