1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the Tmac we need

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaoterminator, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Tonight we witness the prowess of a Tmac-inspired Rox.

Spurning irrational jumpers, Tmac makes fantastic passes, which leaves other pgs pale in comparison. Now I admit he is a better passer than Kobe. He is definitely exploring the potential of his teammates.

What is more pleasing is his attitude. He seems to recollect his passion for the game, unleashing his energy on both ends. He tries to block or steal in every defense, and protects the glass well.

I hope he can do this on a regular basis, especially when playing against elite teams.

It is a bit sad that he and the Great Wall speaks nothing but basketball language. I hope the two can laugh and cheer together, as they did in the last couple of seasons.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

this is the tmac you'll see every night if we start off like this every game. tmac rarely looks to score very early on since he has been back.

he can do this every game if everybody can play like this every night.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The role players looked more active. Tmac looked the same to me.

4. rocketshopeful

thats actually a valid point. I would argue that tmac should still trust his teammates if they do not start out hot though. However, I can understand why t-mac will take it upon himself in the later stages of the game.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Let's not fool ourselves. We need the distributor version of Tmac the majority of the time. The only problem I see is that the only time he plays like this is when he is injured, out of shape or coming off an injury. What this team has to have to go anywhere in the playoffs is for him to be distributor Tmac most of the time but healthy and ready/willing to take the game over when the time is right and for God's sake GO TO THE RIM IN CRUNCH TIME.

Anything less than that and it's another first round exit.

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

If this is the T-Mac we need, then I'm really worried, because this T-mac is just relaxing out there, and we cannot have him relaxing in key games. GAmes with blowouts like today, alright, but definitely not in the playoffs.

7. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

To be fair to Mac, he didn't really relax until like 6 minutes into the 3rd quarter when he started shooting jumpers from they parking lot. But come on, let the guy have some fun. In fact, this whole team has gone through a lot so far, especially T-Mac, and its nice to see them smile and have some fun on the court.

8. phil2000

phil2000 Member

this Tmac I like most and Rox need most,
    Yes ,Nash got 2 MVP titles first as ball passer and then a scorer.

It is FUN to watch this Rox,Hope this Rox to go on .

9. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

I think he makes his teammates do this, by offering them easy basket opportunities.

I mean who can't make easy layups or dunks, except Hayes?

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's still basketball, so it should be fun. When you're blowing someone out, it's normal to take those 3 point shots from epic distance. People do it all the time. Let them have fun, it will be better for them in the long run. Even Yao tried to take a fadeaway 15 footer off the dribble! That made my day right there.

11. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

I like the assists but he was still doing his MeMac shots 2 feet away from the 3pt line. If we were playing against an elite team, i'll be pissed.

12. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

They were up by 30 points at the time. I couldn't care less if he shot it from half court at that point.

13. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Come on. Only when we are 20+ points clear.

14. Roll-Wit-Da-Mac

we had a big lead he was just having a little fun...he wouldn't have done that if the game was closer

15. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

hahahah, he does that to any team. the point is people, that kills the momentum ..... comprende?

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Kind of like a Yao ming momentum killing turnover?

17. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

firstly, we were playing the hawks

secondly, we would need a lot more effecient offensive support from T-Mac to win against top tier teams.

thirdly, he is getting max money, he's not exactly Kobe/Lebron out there, he's just plain "good".....not a franchise player anymore.

fourthly, Yao is the reason we won tonight.

lastly, trade t-mac :D

18. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Anyone tell me where the blacklist botton is?

19. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Thats what I loved the most about tonights game, all the players looked like they was having a great time on the floor.

20. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

We was up by like 25 points.