1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is painful to watch...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Robjos, Feb 24, 2021.

1. riko

riko Member

I
    Yep, I warned them this is who was in Washington. He was disliked by a lot of his teammates namely or most publicly by Gortart who publicly called him selfish.

A career loser and has brought that here

HP3, Nook and Zboy like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Rockets fans were salivating at his comments regarding Harden earlier.

[​IMG]

chadyang, topfive, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Starting Back Court
    Wall 4-16 field 0-5 3ptrs 5to -33
    Ego 1-10 field 0-5 3ptrs 2to -20
    Rest of Starters
    Patton 3-4 field 1-2 3ptrs 2to -10
    House 2-11 field 0-6 3ptrs 2to -26
    Tucker 0-1 field 0-1 3ptrs 2to -28

Rocket River

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

When was this thread started dumbfck?
    Maybe you should piece that timeline together to understand. I’m not talking about harden. His cult can’t even tell when he’s not the subject.

“Even Without lack of rings” —doesn’t surprise me though. Love this city but not the products of its school system smh.

pippsux likes this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

I hope so cause at this point that's going to be best.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. wall wasn't brought in to win. we took his contract on in exchange for a pick.

the concerning thing here is that the shine is wearing off quickly on Stone and Silas. The news of offering oladipo an extension is very concerning as to what Stone's plan is. firstly, that reported extension sounds like way too much for oladipo. I'd rather use that money on 2 christian wood type guys. second, if tilman is willing to spend that kind of money why didn't we keep Allen and offer him half that with the rest of the money going to eating prince's contract? third, I'm not sure if he thought it would raise Oladipo's trade value if he were under contract rather than trying to trade him as a half year rental, but the answer is an overpaid oladipo is not tradable at all. again if tilman is willing to spend that kind of money, trade oladipo and gordon for Blake and make the pistons unprotect the pick they gave us. that's a more useful plan for the amount of money.

did stone do well with the roco-wood series of deals? yes. did he do well in the rus trade? he got the only thing he could get. did he do well in the harden trade? early results are not looking good because he said he wanted a young cornerstone piece and picks yet we did not get a young piece in the deal. in fact we moved Allen who has been killing it in Cleveland. he's definitely not off to the hot start we thought he was back in the fall. now the report of this extension offer is another strike against stone in my book. thank goodness oladipo doesn't want to be here and turned that down!

HP3, MettaWorldPete and Zboy like this.
  7. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

It seems it has been a long time where some folks here have just not seen what tanking the season looks like. Can't win games and also expect to be effective with draft picks.

8. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

It's hard to tank. I guess some here knew it would not be Wine and Roses, but may they thought it would at least be Old Milwaukee and Cabbage.

Tanking is not even cheap beer and cabbage -- it's not even edible.

It sucks. That's why in Philly they had to keep telling each other to "trust the process". It will be hard, and it will be long.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Remember when the Astros lost a hundred games a season. Imagine that but worse since Tilman is still the owner and high draft picks still don't guarantee success. The lottery is just that. Pelicans got the first pick and the most hyped player to come out of college in a long time in Zion. They still suck.

10. MettaWorldPete

Also with the astros you could enjoy super cheap baseball games, which is a pretty chill way to spend time at a (semi) outdoor stadium. Not the same watching a game at home or in the toyota center during a pandemic.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Let's face it, we are the Landry's of the NBA. Crappy product for pretty high prices.

Kim, Der Rabbi and jayfree like this.
  12. jayfree

jayfree Member

I think the hard part for some people is the fact that the Astros (scandal) and Texans (imploding) may not be worth following either. Hopefully the Astros get back on track and get in the post season again as they are expected but losing Springer hurts.

Also, the difference with the Astros is that they brought up Springer years after drafting him. By the time he was ready the Astros had several more losing seasons under them and quite a few high draft pick selections still waiting to go to the majors.

It's easier to tank with bad players for several years in baseball and not exposing your new young guys to losing where in the NBA high draft picks are normally brought in right away (and starting for the most part on a bad team).

13. Robjos

Robjos Member

This is just unwatchable trash. Over it

pr0wler and Rocket River like this.
  14. OpportunityCost

Seems like the only team worth watching in Houston are my UH Cougars for basketball.

Texans - Pathetic franchise and horrible management
    Astros - Cheaters
    Rockets - In disarray

What is the common denominator that causes the years of bad-decision making?

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. OpportunityCost

Wow, Calvin just said the tag-line for the Rocket's this year....

Waiting To Lose

This needs to be a huge banner in the front of Toyota Center with Wall and Oladipo superimposed over it - Waiting to Lose - Coming to a City Near You.

don grahamleone and FrontRunner like this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Dipo seems to get worse and worse by each game.

17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I’m at the point where I’m like f this ****. Cade Cunningham isn’t even that damn good man.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Modify what you are watching for, I am looking for guys that can contribute once we trade a bunch...etc....the only keepers for me at the moment are:

Wood
    Porter Jr.
    Tate
    Martin Jr.
    Wall

The rest are end of bench players at best.

I am assuming we trade:

PJ
    Gordon
    Oladipo

DD

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said a couple weeks ago, this is nothing compared to what's down the road for years to come

HP3 likes this.
  20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wall is a keeper? Are you saying this only because his contract is untradeable or because you actually want to keep him?