1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is gonna be a fun squad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, it should be fun unless you are a fan of defense being played or the team winning a lot of games. If you just like a lot of offense, then it'll be really fun.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Raptors was top 2 in the East, like that means anything

You have to be top 1 seed in the east or you are irrelevant.

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

lol top 3 east seed

4. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Wait...what? Were you just trying to see if people were paying attention?

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

The problem with our offseason this year is all 3 players we signed (and 2 of them gave long expensive contracts to) are players that have pretty significant injury concerns.

Injuries in professional sports happen. You can't predict or plan for it. Guys like Harden and Ariza have typically been consistent and haven't dealt with injuries much. But if they were to get injured, you would just be forced to say "well damn. guess we will have to do the best we can until they come back."

But some players are different. If Gordon and Nene end up missing a significant amount of next season due to injuries, would anyone be surprised?

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I think you fans are underestimating what the team can do...

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I thought last season was going to be fun. So, I think I will just wait and see what happens before I get too emotionally invested. If you don't have a team that is a contender, and you aren't a team of young players, then I'm not sure how much you can really enjoy it. Being the eighth seed wasn't much fun this past season.

8. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

I think this will be the most interesting season in years. I hope the new guys stay healthy, I believe in them a lot more than I do dantoni.

If Harden ever decides to embrace leadership and defense...alot of the stuff said about him is stuff that was said about young michael jordan.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I guess for many it will be fun.
    For me not that much. I like watching at least some defence and not running and gunning and rolling red carpets in the other end.
    Probably will be more fun than last year. If nothing else it won't have the bitter taste of constant dissapointment because there are no expectations.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This squad and fun should not be in the same sentence.

11. hvic

hvic Member

I will still watch and support the rockets but I dont like the direction we are in

12. Fantasma Negro

Please don't be a media guided lamb. This no defense drum that the media keeps banging, were was it when we were in the wcf? Don't believe the bull****, defense is about effort

13. dje243

dje243 Member

You and fun shouldn't be in the same sentence. ;)

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Losing is never fun no matter what their style or on court approach. Would the Globetrotters have been fun to watch if they lost to the Senators? Maybe some would say yes. But the culture around here wouldnt support it.

So, will we be a winning team? Its anyone's guess. Mine is that we have stretches when we look pretty good. Sneak into the 7th or 8th seed and then go down in flames.

15. mightybosstone

You're being a bit of a Negative Nancy and bringing down the positivity in this thread. What do you hate so much about joy and happiness?

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yup, we would've a chance to win at least 10 games more if our shooters had just made their shots.

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No offense but why are you a Rockets fan again? Aren't you from another country and have no ties to Houston? I ask because I see nothing but negativity from you, take that elsewhere if you don't have a real reason to be a fan of the team.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Are you serious? Two years ago we had like the 7th best defense, easily top 10.

Mike D'Antoni has never coached a full season of defense better than 16th. He has never been better than below average.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

kinda like the word quality and your posts.

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

D'Antoni led Suns were the #1 team in offensive efficiency every year from 2004-2008. Yes, they were never top half in defensive efficiency, but it's not like they were ever a bottom dweller either. Always around #16-20 range. That's a tradeoff I'd take. In fact, the worst his Suns team ever were in defensive efficiency was #20. Rockets were #21 last year.

D'Antoni defense gets overblown because of the ridiculous opponents PPG, but that is in large a function of pace.