1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is bad . . .

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Jan 28, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

<i>I will get right to it: FOX has decided NOT to renew ?Family Guy? after this season. Our beloved show has been cancelled by those bastards.

BUT... WE SHALL NOT TAKE THIS LYING DOWN! The collective efforts of the ?Family Guy? fan base have successfully resurrected the show before, so we MUST UNITE at this critical hour!!

HERE?S WHAT YOU CAN DO:

1. WRITE LETTERS AND POSTCARDS

Demand that FOX keep ?Family Guy? on the air. Send your letters and postcards to BOTH:

Ms. Gail Berman
    President
    Building 100 Room 4450
    10201 W. Pico Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90035

AND

Mr. Sandy Grushow
    Chairman
    Building 100 Room 5110
    10201 W. Pico Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90035

2. SIGN THE ONLINE PETITION

Go to

http://www.petitiononline.com/savefg2/petition.html

and sign the petition to keep ?Family Guy? on the air.

3. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO WATCH THE SHOW

Starting this week, ?Family Guy? will air TWICE A WEEK ? THURSDAYS at 8:00 and 8:30 PM PT/ET ON FOX!

Which brings me to my final point: don?t forget to tune in to the remaining ALL-NEW EPISODES OF ?FAMILY GUY? beginning with THIS THURSDAY, JANUARY 31st AT 8:00 PM PT/ET ON FOX (followed by a classic ?Family Guy? episode at 8:30 pm)!! And tell others to tune in as well!!

Now get to work! With all of our combined efforts, we shall make those FOX dimits change their minds!

Burn in hell,
    Stewie Griffin
    </i>

http://www.damnyouall.net

2. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

family guy's got nothing on the simpson's.

they would never have to do any of this dumb crap.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Once again, why would Fox put this up against NBC's powerhouse lineup. Isn't CSI also on at that time. Stupid move if you ask me. I've never really watched the show but if I was flipping through and saw it I would watch. Anyway, Simpson's rules.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Are you ready to boycott Fox Sports Southwest?

5. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Family Guy sucks. The first couple episodes were somewhat funny, on occasion, but for the most part the show's humor is like an idiot's approach to the Simpsons.

There's none of the subtlety or wit that characterized the classic Simpsons episodes.

In fact, I'd say the current Simpsons episodes are about as funny as the Family Guy, and I don't mean that in a complimentary way.

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree with Kagy. That show sucks and the Simpsons havent been funny in a long time. I hear a bunch of you always talking about how great both of those shows are and I always wonder what yall had been smoking to make that crap entertaining.

7. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

since the simpson's is still on im guessing a lot of people dont agree with you guys.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

As for the Simpson's. I still think the show is funny and it has its moments (the ostrich beating up homer on sunday's episode was damn funny) but it's just no where near its peak of funniness. In its prime, the Simpson's couldn't be touched. But after 12 (13?) seasons you gotta expect a drop off and we're getting it. Of course my other favorite show, Cheers, seemed to just keep getting better right up to the end. Of course based on my age all i've ever seen is repeats-and plenty of them- and not the originals so I don't know how real time viewers felt about Cheers quality (or lack thereof) towards the end.

9. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Whoa, settle down Francis, gotta save those pipes for karaoke.